Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01 Jan 2016, 22:12
ForceHSS's Avatar
ForceHSS ForceHSS is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Best video I have seen in a while

Best video I have seen in a while you got to watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwdfa3U9PtQ
  #2  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 00:27
MarkFL's Avatar
MarkFL MarkFL is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Real name: Mark
These creatures aren't nearly as scary as Yahweh, but they are quite a bit more realistic:

Star Trek: The Borg - Life As You Know It Is Over
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member



Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
  #3  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 01:57
ForceHSS's Avatar
ForceHSS ForceHSS is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I posted the video not just because it was well made, but also to tell others we are in living in the last days and hope some will accept Jesus as their personal Savior. Making it as a joke will not help if you don't believe, then just don't reply this way you are doing one less sin.
  #4  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 02:20
MarkFL's Avatar
MarkFL MarkFL is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Real name: Mark
Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
I posted the video not just because it was well made, but also to tell others we are in living in the last days and hope some will accept Jesus as their personal Savior. Making it as a joke will not help if you don't believe, then just don't reply this way you are doing one less sin.
Not to be obstinate, but I really didn't think the video was well-made...it consisted of still shots and dialogue.

But that aside, you've got to know that at a site with a lot of coders, there is going to be a substantially higher ratio of atheists than in the general population.

So you can't expect to post a video about which there is no compelling evidence for its truth, without leaving yourself open to some good-natured ribbing. And that is my intention...in a friendly and non-combative way.

As Christopher Hitchens so eloquently stated...that which is presented without evidence, can just as easily be dismissed without evidence. I believe he also said, "You are entitled to your own beliefs, but you are not entitled to your own facts."
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member



Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
  #5  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 03:46
ForceHSS's Avatar
ForceHSS ForceHSS is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Well, I don't need evidence or proof its called having faith. But think about this you say you don't believe in God, heaven, Jesus or hell now say tomorrow you die and you do end up in hell, then will you believe my point is why wait until you die before you will believe why not believe now trust in the Lord ask for salvation. I can't understand what has happened in someone's life that makes them not to believe do you think all this just came to be one day this universe and everything in it, well I say nothing can make nothing only God can make all that is here.
  #6  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 03:50
MarkFL's Avatar
MarkFL MarkFL is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Real name: Mark
Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
Well, I don't need evidence or proof its called having faith. But think about this you say you don't believe in God, heaven, Jesus or hell now say tomorrow you die and you do end up in hell, then will you believe my point is why wait until you die before you will believe why not believe now trust in the Lord ask for salvation. I can't understand what has happened in someone's life that makes them not to believe do you think all this just came to be one day this universe and everything in it, well I say nothing can make nothing only God can make all that is here.
And what if you are wrong...and you find upon your death that you stand before another god who will condemn you for disbelief to an equally horrible fate as that described by the Bible as falling upon those who do not believe in its gods?

If the universe, as complex as it is, requires a creator, then what of your god, who would presumably be even more complex? Did a super-god create it, and did a hyper god create the super-god, etc.?
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member



Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
  #7  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 03:56
ForceHSS's Avatar
ForceHSS ForceHSS is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Originally Posted by MarkFL View Post
And what if you are wrong...and you find upon your death that you stand before another god who will condemn you for disbelief to an equally horrible fate as that described by the Bible as falling upon those who do not believe in its gods?

If the universe, as complex as it is, requires a creator, then what of your god, who would presumably be even more complex? Did a super-god create it, and did a hyper god create the super-god, etc.?
I know God is real and I am not wrong, I will pray for you
  #8  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 04:02
MarkFL's Avatar
MarkFL MarkFL is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Real name: Mark
Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
I know God is real and I am not wrong, I will pray for you
You believe your god is real...but you do not know anything without evidence. This is the essential difference between belief and fact. Knowledge comes from evidence, and nowhere else.

Give me some evidence for the existence for your god, and we can continue...otherwise I will remain firm in my skepticism base on rationality. This is the point at which all such discussions cease so far for me.
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member



Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
  #9  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 04:16
ForceHSS's Avatar
ForceHSS ForceHSS is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
You seem to need some kind of proof before you will believe I dont and never have as I have faith.

Topic now closed
  #10  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 04:23
MarkFL's Avatar
MarkFL MarkFL is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Real name: Mark
Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
You seem to need some kind of proof before you will believe I dont and never have as I have faith.

Topic now closed
Yes, I need evidence before I believe things. It's just the way I am hard-wired. Faith is not a virtue...it is an excuse we give for believing things without a valid reason.

If your beliefs cannot stand scrutiny, why present them? Doesn't this tell you something?

--------------- Added 02 Jan 2016 at 05:17 ---------------

I call upon my fellow atheist brethren to stand tall and be counted. We are vilified by the masses and seen as people who have had something go wrong in our lives to disbelieve in a deity. This is just not true...we are decent folks who simply cannot believe things for which there is no evidence.

If your neighbors and friends already know you to be a good person, and then learn you are an atheist, they will be compelled to rethink the lies they have been dictated from the pulpit about us. We are the future...we are the inevitable...and until we come out of the closet, we will be hidden.

So, I call upon those who require evidence before belief, to state as much and be heard.
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member



Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons

Last edited by MarkFL; 02 Jan 2016 at 05:23.
  #11  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 05:29
blind-eddie's Avatar
blind-eddie blind-eddie is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Real name: Tim
Mark, I can not "Like" your post until I like others...

I would have clicked the on all you post in this thread.
__________________
LONG LIVE 3.8 SERIES
National Arcade Competition Club- NACC All arcade edits will work on vb4.
Check out my heavily modified ibproarcade with over 50,000 games for you, free of charge!
Exclusive arcade addons, edits and skins were made by stangger5 owner of Next Level Arcade
  #12  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 05:37
MarkFL's Avatar
MarkFL MarkFL is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Real name: Mark
Originally Posted by blind-eddie View Post
Mark, I can not "Like" your post until I like others...

I would have clicked the on all you post in this thread.
'
Thank you, my brother!! We have to stand and be counted before we can make progress.
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member



Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
  #13  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 05:42
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by MarkFL View Post
I call upon my fellow atheist brethren to stand tall and be counted. We are vilified by the masses and seen as people who have had something go wrong in our lives to disbelieve in a deity. This is just not true...we are decent folks who simply cannot believe things for which there is no evidence.

If your neighbors and friends already know you to be a good person, and then learn you are an atheist, they will be compelled to rethink the lies they have been dictated from the pulpit about us. We are the future...we are the inevitable...and until we come out of the closet, we will be hidden.

So, I call upon those who require evidence before belief, to state as much and be heard.
There's actual Atheists, and Militant Atheists who actually are only anti-Christian anti-Jew bigots, and use the "Atheist" name as a comfortable little shield.

I am Atheist, and respect others' beliefs. I do not make fun of, or attack others' beliefs. Their beliefs do not affront me, they do not threaten me, and they do not bother me. I live and let live, and do not proselytize or condemn. And when the faithful want to post videos or music about their faith, I leave them to it. That's called, "grace" and security in my own beliefs.

Not criticizing friend, just offering food for thought. We're not at war with the faithful.
  #14  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 05:46
MarkFL's Avatar
MarkFL MarkFL is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Real name: Mark
Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
There's actual Atheists, and Militant Atheists who actually are only anti-Christian anti-Jew bigots, and use the "Atheist" name as a comfortable little shield.

I am Atheist, and respect others' beliefs. I do not make fun or, or attack others' beliefs. Their beliefs do not affront me, they do not threaten me, and they do not bother me. I live and let live, and do not proselytize or condemn. And when the faithful want to post videos or music about their faith, i leave them to it. That's called, "grace" and security in my own beliefs.

Not criticizing friend, just offering food for thought. We're not at war with the faithful.
When the "faithful" dictate what is taught in our science classrooms, then I have a great deal to say...we cannot allow magic to replace actual science...
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member



Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
  #15  
Old 02 Jan 2016, 05:51
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by MarkFL View Post
When the "faithful" dictate what is taught in our science classrooms, then I have a great deal to say...we cannot allow magic to replace actual science...
"Actual science" becomes religion..... See how that works? Science is theoretical, not factual. Science starts with "we do not know" not, "We know and we can make models and fixed experiments to prove it."

Are you a Smithite, or a Nagelon? Do you even know the difference?

Are infants Atheists?
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 19:13.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: