Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
DJ's AMEs :: Media Definitions for AME 2.5 :: More Video, Twitter, Pinterest... Details »
DJ's AMEs :: Media Definitions for AME 2.5 :: More Video, Twitter, Pinterest...
Mod Version: 3.0.0, by Digital Jedi (Coder/Designer) Digital Jedi is offline
Developer Last Online: Sep 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (103 votes - 4.88 average) Installs: 1405
Released: 10 Nov 2008 Last Update: 24 Oct 2013 Downloads: 15230
Supported External Content  

NEARLY 300 SUPPORTED SITES FOR VIDEOS, AUDIO, GAMES AND MORE!


This is the most current repository of definitions for DJ's AME :: The Ultimate Automatic Media Embedder. These media definitions will expand your AME to support embedding from hundreds of websites. More videos. More than videos. These definitions will let you embed content from sites that include games, widgets, music players and so much more.

This repository was seeded by contributions from the vBulletin community over several years, but are curated here for easy access. Special thanks to Hotwheels and Danyloski for starting the tradition.




NEWS
DJ's AME 2.5.7 is out! What are you waitin' fer?!




IMPORT
DEFINITIONS ARE NOT INSTALLED They're imported through your AME CP. Which means you have to have AME installed first. You DO NOT import definitions through your Product Manager. I mean, you can try. But I'll make fun of you.

The READ ME file explains in more detail. Please don't skip it. I named it in big letters and everything.




VERSION INFO
These definitions are for AME 2.5.

A BETA set of definitions for AME 3 can be found here.




LIVE DEMO
This is my development area with a lot of test thread. As such, it's not a comprehensive list of all working definitions. You can find that below...




MEDIA DEFINITIONS LIST
The full list of definitions is available in the second post of this thread. Requests for new definitions should be made here (no registration required), rather than in this thread. It makes it easier for me to keep track and to prioritize. Please do not use this area to contact me.
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.





SUPPORT
I can't stress this enough. I NEED LINKS in order to troubleshoot problems. Links to the video. Links to the thread. I can't do anything without knowing what videos are causing the problem. If all you do is post that a particular site is not working and provide me with nothing to look at, well, how can I fix it? Following this simple guideline will save us both a lot of time and effort. (And check the FAQ on the first page. I worked really hard on that one. )

Please note that I do new definition requests in the order they were received and as timely as I can.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide.com.jpg
Views:	2959
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	89191   Click image for larger version

Name:	World Star Hip-Hop.png
Views:	1125
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	109771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Twitter.png
Views:	189
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	143437   Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon Thumb.png
Views:	2750
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	143633  

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-pinterest-boards.png
Views:	91
Size:	435.9 KB
ID:	146923   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-pinterest-pins.png
Views:	49
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	146924   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-storify.png
Views:	83
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	146925   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-gamesopoly.png
Views:	60
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	146926  

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-google-maps.png
Views:	63
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	146927  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Show Thread Enhancements AME - Auto Media Embedding (youtube, Amazon, google, myspace, etc...) The Geek vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 1469 24 Sep 2015 18:20
Add-On Releases Digital Sith's AMEs - ADULT Media Definitions Digital Sith vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 66 08 Sep 2015 23:44
Add-On Releases DJ's AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML Media Definitions (Third Time's the Charm) Digital Jedi Modification Graveyard 828 10 Mar 2010 06:45
Add-On Releases AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML Releases Dannyloski Modification Graveyard 289 09 Oct 2009 02:33
Add-On Releases AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML's (The Geek) hotwheels Modification Graveyard 66 22 Aug 2009 06:40

  #1306  
Old 29 Mar 2010, 18:15
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by Rideharder View Post
I know you have a definition for Speedaholic already but we redid our website if you can make a update definition for

http://www.speedaholic.net/vbtube_sh...ubeid=10&name=

I will donate..

Just went to see the movie hot tub... this is so funny must-see movie!.. I just figured I would throw my two cents in
I'll look into it to see if it will still work.


Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
I deleted all my definitions and updated the master XML, still not embedding.
Did you resave the post or try another URL?


Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
So is the solution to the photobucket video/photo conflict to install the old definition as Rideharder suggests?
For now, you can try that. I haven't updated the definition yet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1307  
Old 29 Mar 2010, 21:03
Vitaly's Avatar
Vitaly Vitaly is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Wondeful mp3 tracks provider. Allows to upload your own ones.

http://prostopleer.com

Definition attached. Converts track links to embedded player.
Attached Files
File Type: xml prostopleer.com.xml (731 Bytes, 8 views)
__________________
I no longer develop for vB. Use my vb addons/code as you wish, without limits & conditions. Latest versions @ github repo.
My new forum project is Nodeca. Node.js+MongoDB. If you wish to help with coding & design - feel free to join.
Reply With Quote
  #1308  
Old 29 Mar 2010, 22:46
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by Vitaly View Post
Wondeful mp3 tracks provider. Allows to upload your own ones.

http://prostopleer.com

Definition attached. Converts track links to embedded player.
Thank you. I'll try to include it in the next update.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1309  
Old 01 Apr 2010, 02:55
Texas_Dawg Texas_Dawg is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
YouTube switched up their webpage format. Seems to be causing some problems for the auto-embed at my site. Anyone else experiencing a problem with this?
Reply With Quote
  #1310  
Old 01 Apr 2010, 08:27
snowlion snowlion is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Me too, old link still work but new video link posting on site won't work
Reply With Quote
  #1311  
Old 01 Apr 2010, 09:07
unp unp is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Having the same issue with youtube.
__________________
UNP
Reply With Quote
  #1312  
Old 01 Apr 2010, 09:47
Yellow Slider Yellow Slider is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
problems with youtube too (I've just updated what you've released a few days ago)
Reply With Quote
  #1313  
Old 01 Apr 2010, 17:02
jscieza jscieza is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Same here, issues with Youtube. Videos aren't being embedded and I'm getting this description while trying to click the link: External Embedding Not Available.

Hope to get a fix soon as because our users can't live without Youtube
Reply With Quote
  #1314  
Old 01 Apr 2010, 17:27
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by Texas_Dawg View Post
YouTube switched up their webpage format. Seems to be causing some problems for the auto-embed at my site. Anyone else experiencing a problem with this?
Originally Posted by snowlion View Post
Me too, old link still work but new video link posting on site won't work
Originally Posted by unp View Post
Having the same issue with youtube.
Originally Posted by Yellow Slider View Post
problems with youtube too (I've just updated what you've released a few days ago)
Originally Posted by jscieza View Post
Same here, issues with Youtube. Videos aren't being embedded and I'm getting this description while trying to click the link: External Embedding Not Available.

Hope to get a fix soon as because our users can't live without Youtube
Just turn validation off, guys.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1315  
Old 01 Apr 2010, 18:38
Yellow Slider Yellow Slider is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
Just turn validation off, guys.
sorry for not understanding you, by "validation" you mean

Validation This is an optional regular expression that can be used to test if the destination page supports external embedding. Note that this option will only work if the Extract Destination Data setting is enabled (and working).

value="http://www\.youtube\.com/v/([\w\-]*)?&

I need to erase it? how do I turn it off?

edit, just erased the validation part and it's working..
I wonder what's the difference..

Last edited by Yellow Slider; 01 Apr 2010 at 18:53.
Reply With Quote
  #1316  
Old 01 Apr 2010, 19:38
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by Yellow Slider View Post
sorry for not understanding you, by "validation" you mean

Validation This is an optional regular expression that can be used to test if the destination page supports external embedding. Note that this option will only work if the Extract Destination Data setting is enabled (and working).

value="http://www\.youtube\.com/v/([\w\-]*)?&

I need to erase it? how do I turn it off?

edit, just erased the validation part and it's working..
I wonder what's the difference..
You can do that, but all you really needed to do was uncheck the box.

Validation checks to make sure that videos don't have external embedding disabled before bothering to embed them. Hence the mouseover that says "External Embedding Not Available". If the definition can't find a match to that RegEx, it skips embedding and puts a link instead. Since YouTube changed the formatting of their page, the current validation RegEx will never find what it's looking for.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1317  
Old 02 Apr 2010, 18:41
Gamelobby's Avatar
Gamelobby Gamelobby is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
You can do that, but all you really needed to do was uncheck the box.
Validation checks to make sure that videos don't have external embedding disabled before bothering to embed them. Hence the mouseover that says "External Embedding Not Available". If the definition can't find a match to that RegEx, it skips embedding and puts a link instead. Since YouTube changed the formatting of their page, the current validation RegEx will never find what it's looking for.
Uncheck this box.? (change from yes to no in YouTube Definitions.?)
Extract destination data
This setting may be overridden by the global setting. It is required in order to fetch embedded text for some providers (i.e. yahoo and dailymotion). It is also required if you want to show the title of the page
I dont see any check box next to "Validation"

Last edited by Gamelobby; 02 Apr 2010 at 18:46.
Reply With Quote
  #1318  
Old 02 Apr 2010, 18:55
Pahonix Pahonix is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
You can do that, but all you really needed to do was uncheck the box.
I was struggling to find a checkbox for "validation", but I believe what DJ is referring to is the setting called "Extract Destination Data". At least that's what it's called on my installation. I turned that off and YouTube videos are now correctly showing once again. Remember, on existing posts you have to go in and edit the post and save it.

*edit - Should have refreshed the page before posting my reply.
Reply With Quote
  #1319  
Old 02 Apr 2010, 19:22
Phaedrus Phaedrus is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Originally Posted by Pahonix View Post
I was struggling to find a checkbox for "validation", but I believe what DJ is referring to is the setting called "Extract Destination Data". At least that's what it's called on my installation. I turned that off and YouTube videos are now correctly showing once again. Remember, on existing posts you have to go in and edit the post and save it.

*edit - Should have refreshed the page before posting my reply.
Perfect! Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #1320  
Old 03 Apr 2010, 02:00
Keesa Keesa is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
To anyone this helps, mine says:

Extract Info

not Extract Destination Info or Validation.

:shrug:
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:54.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: