Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15 Feb 2015, 05:20

Dedicated IP?

I have had a dedicated IP on my domain for years without issue.
Tonight, I can not connect to any of my sites due to ip issues?
Is it worth having a dedicated ip?
Exclusive arcade addons, edits and skins were made by stangger5 owner of Next Level Arcade
Old 15 Feb 2015, 05:23

I'm dedicated to not paying that much for hosting.
Old 15 Feb 2015, 14:47

Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
I'm dedicated to not paying that much for hosting.
My dedicated ip's only cost $.99 each month on my dedicated servers. Well worth it.

--------------- Added 15 Feb 2015 at 14:47 ---------------

Originally Posted by blind-eddie View Post
I have had a dedicated IP on my domain for years without issue.
Tonight, I can not connect to any of my sites due to ip issues?
Is it worth having a dedicated ip?
What is the issue you are having with ip's? I think it is worth it.

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 15 Feb 2015, 15:27

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
My dedicated ip's only cost $.99 each month on my dedicated servers. Well worth it.
The IPs cost a buck a month. How much for the hosting though?
Old 23 Feb 2015, 18:38

Can you describe your IP issue in details.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 13:58

LOL @ Max. I have a VPS server with a host that is the best one I've had in the 15 years I've been doing this. And its not the horrid cost of the dedicated route either.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 23:03

Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
The IPs cost a buck a month. How much for the hosting though?
I have 2 dedicated servers through 1and1. They are Centos with Plesk and I just get the boxes through 1and1. I have had these servers for years and they are the cheapest dedi's you will find with decent performance. The dedicated ips are an option and well worth the .99 in my opinion.

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 25 Feb 2015, 03:43

I have 2 dedicated servers through 1and1. They are Centos with Plesk and I just get the boxes through 1and1. I have had these servers for years and they are the cheapest dedi's you will find with decent performance. The dedicated ips are an option and well worth the .99 in my opinion.
UGH I hate Plesk! I prefer cPanel personally. Although the price on that server is not bad though. I like mine and pay a little bit less for what I want/need.
Old 25 Feb 2015, 04:17

Originally Posted by HM666 View Post
UGH I hate Plesk! I prefer cPanel personally. Although the price on that server is not bad though. I like mine and pay a little bit less for what I want/need.
Yeah, Cpanel is the best but I am to cheap to buy the license. Plesk can be a pain but once set up and running I do not need to mess with it much and it is not as bad now as it was.

Old 25 Feb 2015, 05:03

Sorry for no reply.

I could not connect to any of my sites as well as any site running through blablabla data center in Provo Utah.
My host first told me my dedicated IP was black holed... I was a bit confused as to why my dedicated IP would get black holed.... I waited until the next day to contact support again to find out my dedicated IP was fine, it was my IP that was black holed, someone somewhere thought hacking was going on via my IP in their data center.... after an hour on the phone they found their error and took my IP off the black hole list. What a mess...

I only pay 9.65 a year for my dedicated IP.
Exclusive arcade addons, edits and skins were made by stangger5 owner of Next Level Arcade
Old 25 Feb 2015, 13:42

Yeah, Cpanel is the best but I am to cheap to buy the license. Plesk can be a pain but once set up and running I do not need to mess with it much and it is not as bad now as it was.
My cPanel license is only an extra $10 a month. So its not all that bad with my hosting being only $18 a month.

Originally Posted by blind-eddie View Post
Sorry for no reply.

I could not connect to any of my sites as well as any site running through blablabla data center in Provo Utah.
My host first told me my dedicated IP was black holed... I was a bit confused as to why my dedicated IP would get black holed.... I waited until the next day to contact support again to find out my dedicated IP was fine, it was my IP that was black holed, someone somewhere thought hacking was going on via my IP in their data center.... after an hour on the phone they found their error and took my IP off the black hole list. What a mess...

I only pay 9.65 a year for my dedicated IP.
Glad you found out what happened.
Old 25 Feb 2015, 16:33

Originally Posted by HM666 View Post
My cPanel license is only an extra $10 a month. So its not all that bad with my hosting being only $18 a month.

Glad you found out what happened.
Unfortunelatly 1and1 doesn't offer it as an option which would mean buying the license direct. I would gladly pay $10 for cpanel/whm. I used it for years.

Plesk is getting better though and adding many extensions and features. I do like it better then many of the other panels like virtualmin.

Curious who is your host?

---
My dedicated ip's cost .99 charged every 3 months. They are really needed for email servers, reverse dns reasons, name servers, etc.

Old 25 Feb 2015, 16:53

Mine is free as someone else pays for it
Old 25 Feb 2015, 17:51

Unfortunelatly 1and1 doesn't offer it as an option which would mean buying the license direct. I would gladly pay $10 for cpanel/whm. I used it for years.

Plesk is getting better though and adding many extensions and features. I do like it better then many of the other panels like virtualmin.

Curious who is your host?

---
My dedicated ip's cost .99 charged every 3 months. They are really needed for email servers, reverse dns reasons, name servers, etc.
Interserver. There is a link/banner on my site. As far as a dedicated IP I have one IP that my hosting is on for any and all the sites that I host on my account. Currently I do not offer hosting for clients but I will in the future. I cannot remember if I get a dedicated IP or not. It maybe included in the overall price.

Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
Mine is free as someone else pays for it
LOL I want your host!