Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
AME3 - Auto Media Embeding and Video Extender Details »
AME3 - Auto Media Embeding and Video Extender
Developer Last Online: Jan 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.0 Rating: (97 votes - 4.72 average) Installs: 1362
Released: 21 Dec 2009 Last Update: 17 Jan 2010 Downloads: 10277
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files External Content  

From the makers of Smooth and Jazz comes the singing sensation my mom has been waiting months for:

AME3. Bigger. Badder. Bestest.

NOTE ABOUT vB4.0.3: ------------------------------------------------------------

vBulletin 4.0.3 has changed the way video codes are handled and in the process, inadvertently broke AME3. I have submitted a bug report and believe that the issue will be quickly resolved. There is a manual fix you can apply for 4.0.3 here in the interim.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AME3 is the sequel to the multi award winning AME 1x and AME 2x systems. AME3. This time, its different.
AME3 does 3 things:
  • It allows users to simply paste URLs into their message without having to use the video bbcode or video popup box.
  • It allows you to add, edit and customise the video definitions that ship with vB4
  • It allows you to import community created definitions to extend the system in ways you otherwise couldn't.
Now you can use AME anywhere you can use video bbcode: posts, blogs, visitor messages, the CMS, etc...

Note that I am releasing this early for beta testing and general feedback. There is currently a bug in RC2, RC4 and 4.0.0 that will prevent AME from working however there is a workaround posted below.

I have written a pretty comprehensive readme and attached it seperatly to this post. I suspect both this post and the readme will get updated as AME3 becomes finalised.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	wysiwyg.jpg
Views:	11544
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	107851   Click image for larger version

Name:	postbit.jpg
Views:	9275
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	107852  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases Digital Sith's AMEs - ADULT Media Definitions Digital Sith vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 66 08 Sep 2015 23:44
Add-On Releases DJ's AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML Media Definitions (Third Time's the Charm) Digital Jedi Modification Graveyard 828 10 Mar 2010 06:45

Old 16 May 2011, 12:09

Originally Posted by steveyos666 View Post
EDIT WAIT: the above coupled with testbot's code worked fine, someone add both steps to the mod's original post man I hate how we gotta go through 70 pages of stuff to get mods working properly on this damn site thanks for the text though guys I love this thing, loved vb3 more though hate vb4 with a passion
Thanks alot for that - it is working for me now.
Old 26 May 2011, 14:23

Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
This post should help you.
Thanks!
Old 31 May 2011, 14:29

I think i'm screwed... I've upgraded to AME3, and now i can't edit any post that contains a video link, because i get: "Database error!".

Even after disabling and uninstalling AME3, i still get the same error... Please help!

P.S. I am on vB 4.1.3
Old 31 May 2011, 14:50

Originally Posted by Alan_SP View Post
For new youtube code (youtu.be one, if there is new one, please give link for us to see):

Go to AdminCP, AME CP, choose Add New.

For Provider: YouTube New (or whatever you like as a name for it)
Tagoption: youtuben (this can be anything you like, but unique, I just added n to stress it's new youtube tag)
URL: http://youtu.be
Regex URL: http:\/\/youtu\.be\/([a-z0-9-_]+) (this must looks like this, I used old original youtube regex to construct this one based on new youtube links)
Regex Scrape: leave empty
Embed:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Here I'm using code for HD video. It's the same as for old YouTube videos, because links just get redirected to old site (new links a just much simpler on us users). You can change width and height of video. Also you can disable HD if you want it.

Priority: 0
doesn't work for me, it wraps the video in the youtuben links but then it doesn't display the video
Old 03 Jun 2011, 20:43

Any way to push Rebuilding and Converting Tools to work on 4.1.3 and convert

as well

into embeded VIDEO???
Old 04 Jun 2011, 04:25

I think that first type of link gets converted without problem (you need to add hook or use patched version for that to work), second type at the moment couldn't get automatically converted...
Old 04 Jun 2011, 16:33

I've just upgraded to vB4 and I have tried to convert previous links ans it doesn't seem to convert them. When running a test, this is shown:

I have also tried just posting links on the forum and that isn't working either (just posts the URL). I have also tried this plugin: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...postcount=1002 to fix the issue, but it doesn't work. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04 Jun 2011, 18:17

I think that first type of link gets converted without problem (you need to add hook or use patched version for that to work), second type at the moment couldn't get automatically converted...
Unfortunately it is not doing anything for example

And it is independant on is Test Mode on or off...
Old 04 Jun 2011, 18:49

Umm... I dont really want to read through 74 pages of information. I know I probably should.

Can anyone tell me if this is confirmed working on 4.1.3 with altered coding from the original post? It seems like thats what we are trying to get at now?

Thanks for the future replies
Old 04 Jun 2011, 19:57

I found a mode that could help those like me having in system old urls similar to

check this http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=261296
But I hope there will be a new version of AME or a Query that could simply convert this kind of urls to VIDEO tags.
Old 05 Jun 2011, 14:41

Originally Posted by leftanalog View Post
Umm... I dont really want to read through 74 pages of information. I know I probably should.

Can anyone tell me if this is confirmed working on 4.1.3 with altered coding from the original post? It seems like thats what we are trying to get at now?

Thanks for the future replies
I can't get it working on 4.1.3
Old 06 Jun 2011, 15:16

Anyone help with a gametrailers definition please?
Old 08 Jun 2011, 11:43

Originally Posted by zapiy View Post
Anyone help with a gametrailers definition please?
I want them too... but i don't think anybody actually works on this mod deffinitions

How can i solve old posts that still have [ame] tags inside them (even after trying to convert them from AME3 - upgraded from AME2.5)?
Old 14 Jun 2011, 22:21

I just wanted to comment on this. There will never be bug-free release of vB4, or any other software.
Late reply, but what exactly was the point of this comment? A stable release may have unknown bugs, but to say there will never be a bug-free release of any software is just plain fallacious.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 10:55

People always have idea that perfection is possible on this plane of existence. And always are very disappointed when they realize that this isn't so. We all need to realize this isn't so.

We need to accept that everything have flaws, not just in our lives, but in software (vB4 included too) as well.

I know this sounds like stupid philosophy, but insisting that any software be completely bug free to use it is stupid. Use it when it's enough bug free to be usable. Or don't...