Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[OzzModz] Exclude Forums From New Posts Search Details »
[OzzModz] Exclude Forums From New Posts Search
Developer Last Online: Apr 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (7 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 24
Released: 17 Dec 2013 Last Update: Never Downloads: 65
Not Supported Uses Plugins Code Changes Translations  

Another mod brought to you by,

Here is a small modification you can use to exclude forums from showing in the New Posts and Today's Posts searches.

It is a simple installation, just import the product XML, ozzmodz_excl_new_posts

You can edit the options under the settings, [OzzModz]: Exclude Forums From New Posts Search Settings

Complete Feature List
  • Option to disable the mod completely.
  • Option to choose which forums, new threads / posts won't show in the New Posts and Today's Posts searches.
  • Option to select which usergroups will still see the posts showing up in the forums you chose to exclude, useful for guests, so search engines can find the posts easily.

Frequently Asked Questions.

Q. Why do I need such a thing, you ask?

A. You may have some forums that you have set up to get RSS feeds from a outside source, so when you click on the New Posts, or the Today's Posts, you would see all them show, not anymore. Or you may have forums that have results from a sporting event, and some members may not have watched it yet. So if they were to view the Activity Stream, they might see the results that another user posted, spoiling their unknown outcome of the event.

Q. How did you come up with this mod?

A. New Joe gave me the idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified whenever new updates are available.

* For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps me know how many people are using my work, giving me extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

I appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v1.0.0 Initial release.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	excl from new post 1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	147599  

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Mini Mods [OzzModz] Exclude Forums From Activity Stream ozzy47 Modification Graveyard 40 19 Jan 2015 20:35
Board Optimization Exclude service forums from "New Posts" Search FractalizeR vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 24 30 Jan 2014 03:39

Old 10 Jan 2014, 20:55

I'll look around a bit later. I seem to recall a mod something like that.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 21:04

Really really thank you
Old 11 Jan 2014, 12:53

Perhaps one of these may do what you need.
WoG - Threads Limit Per X Hours on Specified Forum
Chiplove.9xpro - Limit new thread/post per day vB4 (v1.3)
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 01 Jun 2014, 14:13

Originally Posted by sticky View Post
Really need this but can it made so users can choose which forums to exclude?
This would really make this mod perfect. For very large, very diverse forums like ours, users would simply love this feature.
Old 29 Nov 2014, 11:30

This is a good mod. There is one thing that would make it MUCH better though. I also have your mod "extended search links" installed. I have a forum of that uses RSS to post relevant Ebay ads. When you click on unanswered threads, they take over the list. Any way of adding unanswered threads to the excluded forums?
Old 29 Nov 2014, 11:33

So you want un answered threads in the forum that the RSS posts to to not show up in the new posts search?

Why not just exclude the forum entirely?
Old 29 Nov 2014, 11:42

It IS included from New Posts and What's New. They still show up when somebody clicks "Unanswered Threads" in your extended search link mod however.
Old 29 Nov 2014, 11:45

Ok so you want to exclude them in which mod, Exclude Forums From New Posts Search or Extended Search Links In Navbar

Cause I am kinda lost right now.
Old 29 Nov 2014, 11:51

Extended search links in Navbar. They are already excluded from the New Posts Search.
Old 29 Nov 2014, 11:55

Ok can you do me a favor then, post it as a feature request on my site, so it gets logged into the tracker, http://ozzmodz.com/forumdisplay.php/...inks-In-Navbar
Old 29 Nov 2014, 12:48

OK...I did that. Not sure if I am asking for a feature for the excluded forums mod or for the extended search links mod. But I hope you know what I am looking for. Either add "unanswered threads" to the options under the exclude forum mod or ......

change the extended search in quick links mod so that it doesn't pull unanswered threads.

Either way....whichever mod this feature is added to....you just shouldn't get results from excluded forums when you click on "Unanswered Threads".

So confusing...does this make sense?
Old 29 Nov 2014, 12:50

I get it, add the ability to exclude forums from the Extended Search Links mod.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 13:19

I just discovered that this is not working on my site. I thought it was because I have another mod that allows users to select forums to exclude in their general settings. I have members telling me that they are still seeing the RSS posts in the forum that I had excluded in this mod. I looked and saw that I had it selected in my own settings through the other mod so they weren't showing up for me.

So, I have "Ebay Listings" excluded globally with this mod. They are not showing in New Activity but do show up when you click on New Posts. Did I misunderstand or is this just an issue with my setup?
Old 30 Nov 2014, 13:25

Could be a conflict with another mod, or something in the setup.
Old 30 Nov 2014, 13:31

Yep....who knows.