Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[DBTech] vBNominate v1 (vB4) [AJAX] Details »
[DBTech] vBNominate v1 (vB4) [AJAX]
Mod Version: 1.2.8, by DragonByte Tech (Coder) DragonByte Tech is offline
Developer Last Online: Sep 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (5 votes - 4.80 average) Installs: 68
Released: 03 Mar 2012 Last Update: 17 Aug 2017 Downloads: 428
Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

vBNominate is an advanced nomination system. Several different types of nominations are available and it is fully automated to keep your users engaged and interested in your communities activity while keeping maintenance down.

Uses
As admin you will be able to create several different types of nominations. The nominations can either end with the top nominated items winning or a separate poll will automatically be created with the top items.

Once the poll is completed the nomination is updated automatically with the results. No manual intervention is needed on your part! You can specify the type of nomination to be run or you can let it run on several different types of items like threads, polls, blogs, etc.

The nominations system will make it easy for users to have competitions for the best post, thread and more while browsing the forum. No need to go to a special page to vote, all voting can be done for any post from any thread via AJAX.

Instructions
Here are some basics on how to get the nominations started.
1) Make sure you modify the usergroups that will be allowed to nominate.
ACP->Usergroups->UserGroup Manager
2) Create a rotating nomination
ACP->DBTech - vBNominate-> Create Rotating
An example, if you want a weekly Thread nomination, set Type to Thread, Cycle to Weekly, End Date way far in the future, like Dec 31 2058. After you submit new Nomination go to step 3.
3) Edit new Inactive Nomination
ACP->DBTech - vBNominate-> Current Nominations
You should now have an inactive nomination. Edit it if you need to make any changes then set it to active.

You should now have a Nomination link in your postbit. At the end of the week it will automatically end and start a new one on the day you specified.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified by us whenever new updates are available.

For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps us know how many people are using our work, giving us extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

We appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priority support & Product Demos available at: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com

Translations available @ our forum
Support for translations handled by the translator in its respective threads only.

Complete Feature List

Lite
  • Forumhome block to display latest completed nominations and current running nominations
  • Ajax Nominations for seamless use
  • Nomination Types
    • Thread
    • Blog
    • Blog Comment
    • All Previous
  • Delete individual Nomination votes
  • View/Edit/Delete Nominations
  • Nomination Administration
    • Create Rotating Nominations (Automatically created on schedule)
      • Daily
      • Weekly
      • Monthly
      • Auto Score - Most nominated will win
      • Poll Results - Most nominated will be added to a timed poll
      • Start Date
      • End Date
      • Number of Finalists
      • Number of Winners
      • Winning postbit image
      • Nomination Type
  • Per Usergroup
    • Can Nominate
Pro
  • CMS Widget scrolls display of latest completed nominations
  • Forum sidebar block scrolls display of latest completed nominations
  • Ability to display winner postbit images
  • Create One Time Nomination
    • Auto Score - Most nominated will win
    • Poll Results - Most nominated will be added to a timed poll
    • Start Date
    • End Date
    • Number of Finalists
    • Number of Winners
    • Winning postbit image
    • Nomination Type
This mod displays a copyright notification in the footer of pages generated by this mod which includes:
  • 1 Link to DragonByte Technologies homepage
  • 1 Link to Product Description page of this modification

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - forum_home.jpg
Views:	702
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	136785   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 - nomination_closed.png
Views:	1321
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	136786   Click image for larger version

Name:	3 - acp_create.jpg
Views:	859
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	136787   Click image for larger version

Name:	4 - acp_current.jpg
Views:	796
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	136788  

Click image for larger version

Name:	5 - acp_results.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	136789   Click image for larger version

Name:	6 - acp_results_delete.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	136790   Click image for larger version

Name:	7 - nominate_thread.png
Views:	1966
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	136791   Click image for larger version

Name:	8 - nominate_blog.png
Views:	1861
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	136792  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Chat Modifications [DBTech] vBShout v6 (vB4) [AJAX] DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 2842 24 Sep 2019 03:48
Major Additions [DBTech] vBDownloads v2 (vB4) [AJAX] DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 580 04 Mar 2018 21:36
Forum Home Enhancements [DBTech] InfoPanels v2 (vB4) [AJAX] DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 279 25 Apr 2016 22:44
Show Thread Enhancements [DBTech] AJAX Threads v1 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 262 25 Apr 2016 22:30
Mini Mods [DBTech] Profile Hover v1 (vB4) [AJAX] DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 90 28 Feb 2016 19:51

Old 27 Sep 2012, 18:23

Do you really need to fill the whole footer with 3 links and all that text? This is the only reason I will not have these mods on my sites or my clients sites. I don't mind a single link but 3 is a bit too much. Not to mention the Google Panda, Penguin updates frown on this.. Otherwise it looks like a decent mod..

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Last edited by RichieBoy67; 20 May 2013 at 16:25.
Old 27 Sep 2012, 18:41

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
Do you really need to fill me whole footer with 3 links and all that text? This is the only reason I will not have these mods on my sites or my clients sites. I don't mind a single link but 3 is a bit too much. Not to mention the Google Panda, Penguin updates frown on this.. Otherwise it looks like a decent mod..
One of the links is optional, you can disable it. Copyright footer links do not damage SEO in the google panda/penguin updates. They CAN damage the company who owns the links if they are placed on many undesirable sites. (This is what caused a lot of wordpress theme creators etc to be hurt by the updates). Fortunately our site is linked to by some of the largest communities on the web and has an extremely favourable SEO profile - there are no SEO issues with having links to our site.

The feedback is appreciated though, sorry that the two links vs 1 link is a dealbreaker for you, hopefully you'll re-examine the cost to benefit ratio again in future. The vast majority of people we've asked feel the extra features more than outweighs the few extra words at the very bottom of the page. Obviously I tend to agree with that position!

If you have any feedback on the SEO issues discussed etc feel free to PM me with further info and i'll look into it more, in case there is something i'm not aware of.

Iain
Old 27 Sep 2012, 20:51

That is what I was talking about.. It damages you for posting the links so why do it? I guess before the more outgoing links you have may lower your link weight a bit but now the problem is really for those companies including the links on their products. This was my point. If it ticks off the buyer and also damages your seo then again, why do it?

It just gets to be too much. Say a client has 3 of your mods installed.. I understand you deserve something for having a lite version and the mods are great. I just really hate having all the links..a single for a mod is ok by me. This is just my opinion anyhow so no disrespect intended..

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Last edited by RichieBoy67; 20 May 2013 at 16:36.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 22:50

I think you should consider how awesome DBT mods must be if you're using so many that it affects your footer. I guess they could only make 1 mod and then only have 1 footer entry... But yeah, then you'd be missing out on everything else they make.

I wouldn't think of it any more than if you installed 10 mods from 10 different authors that drop something in the footer. That many of them are DBT mods tells people that you use and trust them enough to use that many of their mods.

I'm not arguing the footer entries can get out of hand, not at all. =) Just that you can't blame DBT for writing so many excellent mods that you want to use them all. =)
Old 02 Oct 2012, 05:12

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech View Post
Can you try this product xml? I fixed it on here for you.

Dylan
That did it. Thanks
Old 02 Oct 2012, 07:43

We all should consider there are some real excellent coders here who provide us with excellent FREE Mod's to make our forums better and more interesting for our users. One of them is DBT for sure.
They deserve a link in the footer to show their hard work but yes I agree it can get a lot overwhelming when using several different mod's.
Maybe one thing coders could consider when they offer several different mod's is to combine the links in one line instead of links for each product.
Example: product1, product2, product3 presented by company/coderX.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 08:17

Is it possible to give bonus rep points for people that win nominations automatically?
Old 10 Oct 2012, 08:21

Also, to encourage use of this system, would be nice to give rep to people that nominate things.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 12:28

It would be good if the system restricts the user to nominate once for the same thread/post while able to nominate many other threads/posts in a contest. Just like the vBulletin MOTM nomination system.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 15:10

Originally Posted by sticky View Post
Also, to encourage use of this system, would be nice to give rep to people that nominate things.
Better to give reputation points to people whose nomination is the winner, else people will anyhow nominate so as to gain more reputation points.
Old 11 Oct 2012, 17:44

Is it possible to give bonus rep points for people that win nominations automatically?
Originally Posted by hsoen View Post
It would be good if the system restricts the user to nominate once for the same thread/post while able to nominate many other threads/posts in a contest. Just like the vBulletin MOTM nomination system.
We can look at putting these options in with a future release. Unfortunately it does not do them now.

Dylan
Old 22 Oct 2012, 18:41

Need a slight mod

This mod is great for what we want, BUT, how hard would it be to make a fortnightly (two weeks) option to give thread votes more of a chance?
14 days would be a happy medium between the monthly and weekly options.
Thankyou
Old 23 Oct 2012, 16:14

I'm hoping this will work to do what I want it to do...I have a forum with about 40 sub-forums that belong to different Vendors...I want to be able to have members nominate their favorite Vendor...Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about,,,
You can also view the live forum here

Will each of these Vendors have the "nominate" text on the thread your looking at?
Also, does this Mod have the ability to let a user from a specific IP vote only once on a specific thread?...for example, the same user can't vote on the same thread multiple times...

Thanks
F
Attached Images
File Type: png sub forums nominate.PNG (172.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 23 Oct 2012, 19:50

Seems like a cool idea, but I can't get the links to show up. I've got heavily modified templates, and tried to deploy them manually with {vb:raw vbnominate.user}, but... nothing.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 06:50

Originally Posted by Davey-UK View Post
This mod is great for what we want, BUT, how hard would it be to make a fortnightly (two weeks) option to give thread votes more of a chance?
14 days would be a happy medium between the monthly and weekly options.
Thankyou
I can look into it next time we work on a feature release.

Dylan