Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 17 Jun 2012, 18:08
Phil56 Phil56 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Wink Jesus Never Existed Forum

Could some one take a look and tell me what I need to improve on?

http://www.jesusneverexistedforum.com/forum

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 17 Jun 2012, 23:16
MrHorror MrHorror is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
The layout and colors are all good. Atleast you strayed away from the cliched look some people would expect from a forum like yours.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18 Jun 2012, 00:01
Phil56 Phil56 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Originally Posted by MrHorror View Post
The layout and colors are all good. Atleast you strayed away from the cliched look some people would expect from a forum like yours.
Thanks. Appreciate the honest opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18 Jun 2012, 00:47
Lynne's Avatar
Lynne Lynne is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Lynne
Hey guys, just a note to say he is just asking for a review of the style. If you don't like the site title, you don't have to click on it and you don't have to review the site. This isn't the place to argue religion.


style review: The left side of the header looks busy. I think that is why vb usually pushes the login stuff to the right - to kind of even things out. Black/red are colors I like, so that is fine with me. You have a lot of empty space under the menu items. You might want to see if you can find some non-default status icons to use since the default ones always seem weird to me on custom styles.
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18 Jun 2012, 01:25
Bluemax712 Bluemax712 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
for some reason the ads on the right don't fit - no matter how wide my screen is
(using FF 13.01)

--------------- Added 18 Jun 2012 at 01:29 ---------------

Q. How did you get the logins section to show up top - before the banner?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18 Jun 2012, 08:44
dlewisr dlewisr is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I agree with Lynne on all points, too busy on the left, so it draws your eye only to the left side, it would look better with something on the right to balance out.

I also agree that it's unfair to comment on the site content, when he was only asking for comments on the style. Folks may not like my own forum content or even yours, each to their own and for their own followers. Just my pennarth.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18 Jun 2012, 09:02
JacquiiDesigns's Avatar
JacquiiDesigns JacquiiDesigns is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tennessee
Real name: Jacquii Cooke
There's really not much to critique. The forum is has a premade PurevB.com skin with not many modifications to name ==> Not much to critique.

J.
__________________
Call For Submissions. Come share your poetry & writing at JPiC Forum.
JPiC Forum For Writers | Celebrating Diversity With The Typed Word
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18 Jun 2012, 10:27
Phil56 Phil56 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Originally Posted by dlewisr View Post
I agree with Lynne on all points, too busy on the left, so it draws your eye only to the left side, it would look better with something on the right to balance out.

I also agree that it's unfair to comment on the site content, when he was only asking for comments on the style. Folks may not like my own forum content or even yours, each to their own and for their own followers. Just my pennarth.
There is nothing on the left side?

--------------- Added 18 Jun 2012 at 10:29 ---------------

Originally Posted by apsrfvb4 View Post
for some reason the ads on the right don't fit - no matter how wide my screen is
(using FF 13.01)

--------------- Added 18 Jun 2012 at 01:29 ---------------

Q. How did you get the logins section to show up top - before the banner?
How did you get the logins section to show up top - before the banner?
Thats the way the style is designed. You would have to ask the designers that.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18 Jun 2012, 18:30
doctorsexy's Avatar
doctorsexy doctorsexy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Real name: Chris
Originally Posted by JacquiiDesigns View Post
There's really not much to critique. The forum is has a premade PurevB.com skin with not many modifications to name ==> Not much to critique.

J.
To each his own.... nice skin
__________________
http://sandstormradio.org
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 20 Jun 2012, 00:59
JacquiiDesigns's Avatar
JacquiiDesigns JacquiiDesigns is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tennessee
Real name: Jacquii Cooke
Originally Posted by doctorsexy View Post
To each his own.... nice skin
I'm not quite sure why you quoted me here lol...

J.
__________________
Call For Submissions. Come share your poetry & writing at JPiC Forum.
JPiC Forum For Writers | Celebrating Diversity With The Typed Word
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:21.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: