Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17 Feb 2021, 03:34

Personally I'm happy with the style of napy8gen. I would say that his style is responsible enough to entice visitors to log in with their desktop PC. His style does the job by hiding certain parts for the mobile. This hiding suits my needs because it allowed me to totally personalize the non-mobile side.
Old 17 Feb 2021, 08:55

When youre questioning the 60$ range, something along the lines of my site would be in the 10s of thousands. (with over 80 custom made plugins, 143 completely re written templates (so far) and almost a year (so far) worth of work.

Custom themes can cost a pretty penny, depending on what you are after. There is no "actual price" you could pay 250 - 100,000 or more

It seems pre made options may be what you are looking for. And as said SultanThemes are the only real option for now

I do a lot of custom work that is not to be re released, but I will be making certain things to sell to the mass, like the theme below, started way back in 2015 that is a simplistic mobile style based on the default theme that will be available soon (i will be updating it once get some free time) and I have not thought of a price point yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0406.jpg (43.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0407.jpg (35.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0408.jpg (57.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0409.jpg (37.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0410.jpg (36.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Dr.CustUmz; 17 Feb 2021 at 09:05.
Old 17 Feb 2021, 19:29

I looked at the style on your site. There is certainly a lot of work behind your style. Unlike the responsive style of Sultanthemes, it is a style without tables with a lot of nested style sheets as in vB5. You really have to be an expert to customize a style with nested style sheets. It's not my case. I am not a coder. I prefer a style with tables and plugins with tables. For 3.8.11, I prefer to customize with tables. It's easier for me and I don't care about Google indexing.

I start working on my 5.6.4 license this weekend. Vb 3.8.11 is over for me, it will be an 'Entry forum' and vb 5.6.4 will be a sort of Premium forum. Both forums linked on the same domain name.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with 3.8.11.
Old 18 Apr 2021, 11:44

I don't recommend it
napy8gen, takes money in advance.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 02:40

Originally Posted by kojay View Post
I don't recommend it
napy8gen, takes money in advance.
When you buy a vbulletin theme, you pay in advance. The same goes for a service. The number of years in business, his website, his experience in the past are the best criteria for selecting him.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 09:14

Originally Posted by lange View Post
When you buy a vbulletin theme, you pay in advance. The same goes for a service. The number of years in business, his website, his experience in the past are the best criteria for selecting him.
I just realized now that you need to pay money after work.
Old 23 Apr 2021, 22:20

You must have a budget to use a paid forum script and keep it alive especially in bandwidth if you use a lot of localhost HTML5 videos.