Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
DJ's AMEs :: Media Definitions for AME 3 (Beta) Details »
DJ's AMEs :: Media Definitions for AME 3 (Beta)
Mod Version: 1.0.1, by Digital Jedi (Coder/Designer) Digital Jedi is offline
Developer Last Online: Aug 2018 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.1 Rating: (3 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 31
Released: 27 Sep 2013 Last Update: 15 Oct 2013 Downloads: 289
Supported External Content Is in Beta Stage  

These media definitions are imported through your AME CP. That means you have to have AME 3 installed in order to do that.

This is a Beta. I've tested this on my 4.0.3 installation. But I've experienced some weird issues, like the same URL not converting in post 1, but converting fine in post 12. I can only presume this is because of my older version of vB4. Please report the issues you have on newer versions of vB. Also note the AME 3 thread, for tweaks and changes people had to make depending on their version of vB4.

NOTE: I am still looking for anyone willing to lend me access to their demo board on vB4.1 or higher to test definitions, as well as a future version of AME 3. I will also be looking into, but not necessarily guaranteeing, that I can extend AME to vB5. But I have to take a look at how vB5 parses media to know if AME is even relevant on that system.

MEDIA DEFINITIONS
This is just a small set of definitions to test out functionality. Most everything here is tweaked, so just back up any custom defs you already have, and replace these to try them out. If everything goes smoothly, we'll expand from there.

CNBC
CNN
CNN 2
CollegeHumor
CollegeHumor (Legacy)
Dailymotion
Facebook
GameSpot (Part 1)
GameSpot (Part 2)
GameTrailers
Hulu
Metacafe
Photobucket (Direct Link)
Photobucket (Videos)
Storify
Twitter
Vevo
Vimeo
Youku
YouTube
YouTube (Playlists)
YouTube (Short URL)

NOTE: No, these will not work on AME 2.5. -_-

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases DJ's AMEs :: Media Definitions for AME 2.5 :: More Video, Twitter, Pinterest... Digital Jedi vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 2086 05 Sep 2018 16:05
Add-On Releases Digital Sith's AMEs - ADULT Media Definitions Digital Sith vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 66 08 Sep 2015 23:44
Add-On Releases DJ's AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML Media Definitions (Third Time's the Charm) Digital Jedi Modification Graveyard 828 10 Mar 2010 06:45

Old 08 Oct 2013, 21:42

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLZ View Post
Thank you. two questions. After installing AME3 on my site when i post a lnk it dosent work> Do i need to do something else?
Probably an outdated definition within AME 3.

And when i try to upload this file via plugin manager is reads "non existing file"
Ah, there's a reason for that.
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
These media definitions are imported through your AME CP.
Old 09 Oct 2013, 02:26

Probably an outdated definition within AME 3.

Ah, there's a reason for that.
OK i reuploaded files and then imported this thru amecp and still not auto embedding? Any more suggestions? Thank you kindly
Old 09 Oct 2013, 03:05

OK i reuploaded files and then imported this thru amecp and still not auto embedding? Any more suggestions? Thank you kindly
What version of vB4 are you on? What URLs are you trying to embed? Is AME's file cache enabled? Are you editing existing posts, or posting new ones? Any additional information you include can help me troubleshoot.
Old 09 Oct 2013, 04:11

What version of vB4 are you on? What URLs are you trying to embed? Is AME's file cache enabled? Are you editing existing posts, or posting new ones? Any additional information you include can help me troubleshoot.

VB4.2.1, youtube url's, tried enabled and cache not enabled, new post. thank you
Old 09 Oct 2013, 05:19

VB4.2.1, youtube url's, tried enabled and cache not enabled, new post. thank you
I mean, I need to see the URLs, so I can test them on my installation. In the AME 3 thread, look through the first few pages. For your version of vB, you have to change the hook location of one of your plugins. I forget which one, at the moment. But it's easy enough to change it until the new version is released.
Old 09 Oct 2013, 05:25

ok i will see what i can find. thank you

links such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs
Old 09 Oct 2013, 05:36

ok so it does not auto embed? if i add [video]url[/video] is works
Old 09 Oct 2013, 05:40

also should cache be on or off?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 01:35

also should cache be on or off?
Cache will help speed up the process of embedding videos, and save some system resources. It's optional. I just need to know when it's on depending on the questions raised.

Did you find the post mentioning the hook change?
Old 10 Oct 2013, 02:23

Cache will help speed up the process of embedding videos, and save some system resources. It's optional. I just need to know when it's on depending on the questions raised.

Did you find the post mentioning the hook change?

OK, No sir i did not. I actually just loaded another plugin until i can figure out what the problem is with this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really like this mod.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 04:23

OK, No sir i did not. I actually just loaded another plugin until i can figure out what the problem is with this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really like this mod.
I haven't gotten into real depth with that particular product yet. But I intend to after I release my own version of AME 2.5.7. I also intend to do my own release of AME 3, but I'll need to do a little more research on that one. I'm sure there's a number of posts in the AME 3 thread explaining what to do with the hook change, but they appear to be spread out. So it will take some time before I fully understand what changed between the different versions and AME 3's release that cause the disparate types of file edits.

But like I said before, If anyone is willing to lend me access to their demo board for Beta testing my own AME 3 release, I can try and sort the issues out with it on vB 4.1 and 4.2. Right now, I only have my copy of vB 4.0 to work with.
Old 11 Oct 2013, 02:34

Hook posts:

Code edit:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=608

Plugin edit:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...postcount=1002
Old 11 Oct 2013, 02:37

Here's a little contribution that you can include in your definitions if you'd like DJ.

ESPN Video definition that I finally worked the kinks out of, tested and working:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 14 Oct 2013, 14:00

When i did an import, the youtube short url isn't getting imported, it says this

"You cannot import this definition as its tagoption is invalid."

It works i think so far, but i can't import the short youtube url. Also i think i need to rebuilt my posts so it removes the ame tag and replace it with video tag, right ?

Last edited by katie hunter; 14 Oct 2013 at 14:42.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 17:53

Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
When i did an import, the youtube short url isn't getting imported, it says this

"You cannot import this definition as its tagoption is invalid."

It works i think so far, but i can't import the short youtube url. Also i think i need to rebuilt my posts so it removes the ame tag and replace it with video tag, right ?
If you're upgrading from AME 2.5, yes. Since default vB doesn't the parsing in AME 3. I'm not certain why the Short URL wouldn't import. The tagoption should be perfectly valid. But you might want to crack open the XML and see if it downloaded fully. Or copy and paste the content of it into a newly created def. It should be importing, though.