Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
The fourth thread display mode: NESTED Details »
The fourth thread display mode: NESTED
Mod Version: 1.00, by tantei3 (Member) tantei3 is offline
Developer Last Online: Apr 2006 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.0.0 Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 1
Released: 14 May 2004 Last Update: Never Downloads: 5
Not Supported Is in Beta Stage  

I think this hack works fine but I'm not sure. I'm not a php expert.
I recommend that you test this hack before you try this out.

* What does this hack do?
This hack will add another style of thread display like slashdot's or **-nuke's NESTED mode.
I think people either like this type of style or don't like it. But I think it wouldn't be a bad idea that we have more of a choice.

* Files to modify: 8
  • /showthread.php
  • /includes/functions_threadedmode.php
  • /includes/functions_showthread.php
  • /includes/functions_forumdisplay.php
  • /includes/sessions.php
  • /admincp/user.php
  • /modcp/user.php
  • /profile.php
* Files to add: 1
  • mode_nested.gif
* Templates to modify: 3
  • SHOWTHREAD
  • postbit
  • modifyoptions
* Phrases to add: 3
  • nested
  • nested_mode
  • switch_to_nested_mode
KNOWN ISSUE : can't get post's depth correctly if that thread has multiple pages. (someone fix it please!)

DEMO : http://www.skelm.com/forum/showthrea...18&mode=nested

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Comments
  #2  
Old 14 May 2004, 09:49
RixiuS RixiuS is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Originally Posted by tantei3
I think this hack works fine but I'm not sure. I'm not a php expert.
I recommend that you test this hack before you try this out.

* What does this hack do?
This hack will add another style of thread display like slashdot's or **-nuke's NESTED mode.
I think people either like this type of style or don't like it. But I think it wouldn't be a bad idea that we have more of a choice.

* Files to modify: 8
  • /showthread.php
  • /includes/functions_threadedmode.php
  • /includes/functions_showthread.php
  • /includes/functions_forumdisplay.php
  • /includes/sessions.php
  • /admincp/user.php
  • /modcp/user.php
  • /profile.php
* Files to add: 1
  • mode_nested.gif
* Templates to modify: 3
  • SHOWTHREAD
  • postbit
  • modifyoptions
* Phrases to add: 3
  • nested
  • nested_mode
  • switch_to_nested_mode
KNOWN ISSUE : can't get post's depth correctly if that thread has multiple pages. (someone fix it please!)

DEMO : http://www.skelm.com/forum/showthrea...18&mode=nested
Nice! BTW, your site looks really cool. Nice job on the layout.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14 May 2004, 09:49
LeeCHeSSS's Avatar
LeeCHeSSS LeeCHeSSS is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
How about you post screenshots, your site is timing out...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14 May 2004, 09:58
tantei3 tantei3 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Originally Posted by LeeCHeSSS
How about you post screenshots, your site is timing out...
OK, I'll post screenshots right now. Seems like my server is unstable now...
.
.
.
...hmm. I can't attach images :ermm:

Last edited by tantei3; 14 May 2004 at 10:26.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14 May 2004, 10:15
msimplay's Avatar
msimplay msimplay is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Talking

i know this is offtopic but dyam that skin u have there is something else
very nice work
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14 May 2004, 10:40
tantei3 tantei3 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Originally Posted by msimplay
i know this is offtopic but dyam that skin u have there is something else
very nice work
So, what about this hack?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 14 May 2004, 11:38
msimplay's Avatar
msimplay msimplay is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Originally Posted by tantei3
So, what about this hack?
its a good hack but i don't really like the disorganised look of it
but very well done on created it
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 14 May 2004, 12:52
Ghostsuit's Avatar
Ghostsuit Ghostsuit is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Nice hack I've had people say they like that style so I might give them another option.
__________________
Face Your Fears, Live Your Dreams
www.altnation.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14 May 2004, 14:35
Silverdawn222 Silverdawn222 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Nice hack! And yes, OMFG at the style, brilliant.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14 May 2004, 15:30
insanctus's Avatar
insanctus insanctus is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Not a hack I am interested in, but I have to say....... very cool style.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 14 May 2004, 17:41
gmarik's Avatar
gmarik gmarik is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Real name: Marco
interesting, but there was someething like this allready
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 14 May 2004, 18:07
Red Blaze's Avatar
Red Blaze Red Blaze is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Real name: Frank E.
I don't think I would use the hack, but it has to be said again, freakin' nice layout man. ^_^
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 14 May 2004, 19:56
Synicide Synicide is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Real name: Bryan Veloso
Wow, I am amazed at that layout... but I don't think your hack would work well at my site since it is of a fixed width. x_x
__________________
Taiko No Tatsujin, Dance Dance Revolution, Beatmania, Karaoke Revolution?
Know what those are? Good, now talk about them at http://www.tokyogameaction.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 15 May 2004, 03:44
tantei3 tantei3 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
hmm.. conversation moves inexplicably to my style ???
Well, actually I don't have enough confidence about this hack.
But I think I can boast about what I've done on my style.

I found very suggestive thread at vbulletin.com
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ht=nested+mode

Developer Kier said: I personally can't stand that(nested) view type.

Heavens!

Should I have posted vbtemplates instead? :nervous:
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 15 May 2004, 04:24
tantei3 tantei3 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Originally Posted by gmarik
interesting, but there was someething like this allready
Would you elaborate it a little more, please?

Originally Posted by Synicide
Wow, I am amazed at that layout... but I don't think your hack would work well at my site since it is of a fixed width. x_x
I think it works as well. But don't set the depth limit so deep in your case.
BTW, great site. The only game I played in that category is Parappa The Rapper.

Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 23:06.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: