Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 26 Jan 2008, 19:13

I thought MB, M and MiB were the same. Mb and MB are different.

I might be moving away from HostGator, not because of the company, but because I'm basically restricted with any shared hosting it seems.

DreamHost are the closest thing to "unlimited", but they're a little too far away for me.

I'm hoping to get one of these with the 30 domain Plesk addon:

http://www.streamline.net/f1.php
Old 27 Jan 2008, 18:57

Originally Posted by UberMensch View Post
I thought MB, M and MiB were the same. Mb and MB are different.

I might be moving away from HostGator, not because of the company, but because I'm basically restricted with any shared hosting it seems.

DreamHost are the closest thing to "unlimited", but they're a little too far away for me.

I'm hoping to get one of these with the 30 domain Plesk addon:

http://www.streamline.net/f1.php
I wouldn't go with DreamHost -- they made a "7.5 Million Dollar Mistake" they ended up overcharging ALL of their clients BY TWO YEARS.

Its on their blog, they made a big joke out of it. Rather unprofessional if you ask me.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 19:03

I used to use DreamHost. I didn't like their support, so I asked for a full-refund (since I was within their 90 day money-back guarantee). They told me that they refunded all of my money, but the next month they charged me over $200 on my bank statement, lol. They said they refunded my money but forgot to take me off their bill. -_- Good thing I noticed.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 19:19

Ouch.. Thats pretty harsh..

I personally like www.crissic.com -- fantastic support and fantastic uptime
Old 02 Feb 2008, 12:04

All I can say is Hostagator have a great marketing team and are experts at building the best 'image'. I won't say anymore, read between the lines
Old 02 Feb 2008, 17:32

the best decision i ever made about my site was dropping netfirms and switching to hostgator. havnt had a problem since.
Old 02 Feb 2008, 19:31

Hostgator do tend to oversell a bit, but they're still a good host for the prices they offer.
Old 02 Feb 2008, 20:56

Hello,
I use hostgator since 2 months, it is very good, the traffic and support also and all is good except the restriction for sending email. We can't send correctly the mass mail as we just can send 200 per hour.
I'm try to find a solution for this as I would like to conserv this hosting.
Old 09 Feb 2008, 22:36

Originally Posted by kiFF View Post
I used to use DreamHost. I didn't like their support, so I asked for a full-refund (since I was within their 90 day money-back guarantee). They told me that they refunded all of my money, but the next month they charged me over $200 on my bank statement, lol. They said they refunded my money but forgot to take me off their bill. -_- Good thing I noticed.
Dreamhost is one of the worst hosts you can go to. Their customer support is so bad, their up time is unstable but they lure you in with false cheap prices and high space and bandwidth. I had a plan which was 500 Gigs and around 200 gigs in space and I got banned because I used, 300 of it. They said I used too much and I couldnt get a refund (and they still charged me for the remaining 3 months I didnt use.

Host gator was the best move I made and has superior uptime.

http://kartextreme.net/forum/ Is my vBulletin board.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 03:43

AmpedHosts.com is the best IMO i have a safe web forum on it and I love their support. They don't limit anything and by Megabytes they mean Megabytes its safe and secure. I love it. And they have cheap hosting plans. I really enjoy there hosting and what it offers. I would definitively recommend them to anyone 10/10 and yes hostgator has always been a pain for me.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 06:40

Quick update, I've now moved my forums onto my own dedicated webserver with RapidSwitch Ltd, so the link I posted before in this thread isn't an indicator of HostGator's service
Old 14 Feb 2008, 16:35

What about HostGators response time on transfering a Domain? I had to purchase one though another company since they had it locked down..

Also. How big do you boards have to get before you need a different option for hosting?
Old 16 Feb 2008, 14:52

transfering domains to host gator takes from 20 mins to 6 hours. mines was around 40 so i was very happy. Usually at other hosters it takes like 1-2 days
Old 24 Feb 2008, 04:45

Hostgator is the best, my forum is using HostGator: http://realbigsource.com/forum
Old 24 Feb 2008, 07:38

Currently using Hostgator and very very happy with the service.

Just starting out so not sure about big boards, etc.

But ticket system and Live Chat have been very helpful.