Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19 Oct 2014, 13:28

Google adverts not showing on my theme?

Really looking for some help with this, my theme is heavily customised however I cannot get the google adverts to show up, I checked against the default theme and all that was missing was the following.

{vb:raw ad_location.ad_navbar_below}
{vb:raw ad_location.global_below_navbar}
I have added it and still the adverts don't show, they do not show on the footer or indeed the navbar page which shows directly under the navbar part of the site.

I have included my navbar code to see if someone else can see where I am going wrong.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

I'd really appreciate some help with this if anyone could help at all.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 15:17

Have you got any adblocker on your browser. If we can get a link to your site
Old 19 Oct 2014, 16:24

I can see ads on this site ... if that is the site in question.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 16:45

See them as well on that site looks like he has some kind of adblocker on his browser
Old 19 Oct 2014, 17:16

No, the ads show as I have called them in an iframe, but I want them through the actual site as intended by vBulletin itself, because since I switched theme and added through iframe my revenue has more than halved.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 17:31

If they show in a default style, and not the custom one, you need to contact the style dveloper and have them fix the problems with the coding of the style.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 18:44

They seem to be in the default location on your custom style for me if the link in post 3 is your site
Old 19 Oct 2014, 18:46

Originally Posted by ForceHSS View Post
They seem to be in the default location on your custom style for me if the link in post 3 is your site
Yeah as he stated:

Originally Posted by Bluefin221 View Post
No, the ads show as I have called them in an iframe, but I want them through the actual site as intended by vBulletin itself, because since I switched theme and added through iframe my revenue has more than halved.
But he wants them out of the iframe.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 18:48

I see Ozzy I thought he wanted them in the default location
Old 19 Oct 2014, 18:52

Also if this is google ads, he will get banned from them.

AdSense code may not be altered, nor may the standard behavior, targeting or delivery of ads be manipulated in any way that is not explicitly permitted by Google. This includes but is not limited to the following: clicking Google ads may not result in a new browser window being launched, nor may Google ads be placed in an IFRAME.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 18:58

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
Also if this is google ads, he will get banned from them.

[I]
Hence why I want to change. I want to get rid of the iframe, the theme developer cannot help as that is me, I customised this theme beyond recognition. But for the life of me I cannot get the ads to show by default the way vBulletin intends.
Old 19 Oct 2014, 19:20

I would start by installing the theme you modified as it came from the developer, and see if the ads show in the style the way the original developer coded the style. If the do, then you know it is a issue with your changes, if they don't show, then it is a issue with the original style.
Old 24 Oct 2014, 20:07

Cam someone tell me what is the proper code to actually get these showing on the navbar to make sure I'm doing it correctly and not imagining things, tried to fix this a few times but its not happening for me.