Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
[VB3 RC3] Search by usergroup in memberlist Details »
[VB3 RC3] Search by usergroup in memberlist
Mod Version: 1.00, by Kentaurus (Member) Kentaurus is offline
Developer Last Online: Jul 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.0.0 Rating: (1 vote - 5.00 average) Installs: 9
Released: 18 Jan 2004 Last Update: Never Downloads: 20
Not Supported  

In memberlist in the advanced search you can search by name, web page,
posts... but you can't list all the members in a certain usergroup.

The leader of the usergroup has the option to view all the members
in the usergroup. This is an extension so any user can do a search
for a usergroup and check which members they have.

Why this? It is common to belong to a usergroup but not everybody has
the custom title of the group, you have no way of knowing who else
belongs to the usergroup besides asking the leader.

Info for hackers:
You may modify, improve, upgrade, redistribute this hack, include it
in another hack or yours or translate it provided you do it free of
charge and you distribute it in www.vbulletin.org at least, there is no
need to pm me asking for permission
Some portions of the code are (c) Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot1.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	16015   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot2.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	16016   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot3.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	16017  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Mini Mods Sort Memberlist by usergroup redspider Modification Graveyard 16 29 Sep 2008 14:59

Comments
  #2  
Old 19 Jan 2004, 08:18
gmarik's Avatar
gmarik gmarik is offline
 
Join Date: May 2002
Real name: Marco
Not bad. Would be nice to have a search by varfield as well, for example, Location (the city, I mean).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21 Jan 2004, 21:50
Cyricx Cyricx is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Hmm anyway for me to link to a specific search?

Needing to be able to list all the members of one group and be able to link to it. Hoping I can do something like that with this

Either way, great hack

/me clicks install!
__________________
Cyricx (Chris)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25 Jan 2004, 06:07
Kentaurus's Avatar
Kentaurus Kentaurus is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Originally Posted by Cyricx
Hmm anyway for me to link to a specific search?

Needing to be able to list all the members of one group and be able to link to it. Hoping I can do something like that with this

Either way, great hack

* Cyricx clicks install!
Yes, if you install this hack the usergroups are exposed (as long as they are public) so you can just link to memberlist.php?do=getall&usergroupid=xxx where xxx is the id of the usergroup. That link wouldn't work without the hack because it would require you to be the usergroup leader.
__________________
Try MySmilies Mod - User-based, custom smilies for each user

CemZoo.com - Anime Community
CemZoo Forums - Anime Forums
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25 Jan 2004, 22:02
Allan's Avatar
Allan Allan is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Real name: allan
I do not arrive has to make it function.

I return the number of the group, for example "6", and it finds me nothing.

could you indicate to me of advantage of information of its operation ?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25 Jan 2004, 23:18
Kentaurus's Avatar
Kentaurus Kentaurus is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Originally Posted by Socrate
I do not arrive has to make it function.

I return the number of the group, for example "6", and it finds me nothing.

could you indicate to me of advantage of information of its operation ?
6 is the administrator usergroup, you can not list that usergroup as that would be a security risk, for example a user could list all the banned users and I'm pretty sure that is not something that should be allowed.

The usergroup must be public for it to be listed. Create a custom usergroup, make it public (joinable) and then you will be able to list it in the memberlist.
__________________
Try MySmilies Mod - User-based, custom smilies for each user

CemZoo.com - Anime Community
CemZoo Forums - Anime Forums
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26 Jan 2004, 07:50
Allan's Avatar
Allan Allan is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Real name: allan
Originally Posted by kentaurus
6 is the administrator usergroup, you can not list that usergroup as that would be a security risk, for example a user could list all the banned users and I'm pretty sure that is not something that should be allowed.

The usergroup must be public for it to be listed. Create a custom usergroup, make it public (joinable) and then you will be able to list it in the memberlist.
ok, thank Kentaurus

==============================
edit
==============================

I have to check well to have all to install but Ca does not function, in fact, it finds me well the user group to require but no name puts to me below

Last edited by Socrate; 26 Jan 2004 at 07:58.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26 Jan 2004, 19:27
Cyricx Cyricx is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Awesome!! Very nice hack, just what I was needing

Thank you!
__________________
Cyricx (Chris)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:23
eXtremeTim eXtremeTim is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Real name: Tim Yarbrough
Its a nice hack but would be nice if instead we could select under the usergroup permissions if it shows up instead of the group having to be publicly joinable.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 31 Jan 2004, 16:28
Allan's Avatar
Allan Allan is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Real name: allan
Originally Posted by Socrate
I have to check well to have all to install but Ca does not function, in fact, it finds me well the user group to require but no name puts to me below
always similar not the pseudo one below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (32.5 KB, 40 views)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 19 Feb 2004, 04:31
Bill Thebert Bill Thebert is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Originally Posted by gmarik
Not bad. Would be nice to have a search by varfield as well, for example, Location (the city, I mean).
I would like to see yet another variation on this theme.

I would like to see the "Advanced Search" form (for searching the FORUMS, not just the memberlist) include one or two of the custom user profile fields.

Practical example:

Four of my forums are used for classified advertising.

Two custom fields in the user profile are CITY and STATE (separated, rather than the combined "Location" field).

I would like to include these two fields next to the USER NAME field in the Advanced Search form, such that my users could search, for example, as follows:

"Display all threads/posts in one or all (4) of the Classified ad forums, posted by users from Colorado, for the word 'widget'."

Or find a transmission in Dallas, or an axle from someone named Joe in Kentucky, etc. (My site is automotive-related, obviously.)

The Advanced Search form is alredy doing a cross-table query, right? Selecting posts from one table, based on info from a separate user table?

I would happily hire someone for such a hack.

Regards,

Bill
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 29 Feb 2004, 18:47
Kentaurus's Avatar
Kentaurus Kentaurus is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Originally Posted by Bill Thebert
I would like to see yet another variation on this theme.

I would like to see the "Advanced Search" form (for searching the FORUMS, not just the memberlist) include one or two of the custom user profile fields.

Practical example:

Four of my forums are used for classified advertising.

Two custom fields in the user profile are CITY and STATE (separated, rather than the combined "Location" field).

I would like to include these two fields next to the USER NAME field in the Advanced Search form, such that my users could search, for example, as follows:

"Display all threads/posts in one or all (4) of the Classified ad forums, posted by users from Colorado, for the word 'widget'."

Or find a transmission in Dallas, or an axle from someone named Joe in Kentucky, etc. (My site is automotive-related, obviously.)

The Advanced Search form is alredy doing a cross-table query, right? Selecting posts from one table, based on info from a separate user table?

I would happily hire someone for such a hack.

Regards,

Bill
that's a mod for the search function, not for the memberlist. You are better of putting it on the modification request forum, and as I read your post it is something rather complicated. It is a good idea, though.
__________________
Try MySmilies Mod - User-based, custom smilies for each user

CemZoo.com - Anime Community
CemZoo Forums - Anime Forums
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 26 May 2004, 01:04
Aurous Aurous is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
This works in 3.0.1

Installed
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 31 May 2004, 09:39
Wasser Wasser is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Yes, if you install this hack the usergroups are exposed (as long as they are public) so you can just link to memberlist.php?do=getall&usergroupid=xxx where xxx is the id of the usergroup. That link wouldn't work without the hack because it would require you to be the usergroup leader.
i've noticed an odd an annoying quirk.

if i go thru the search it'll display "Members of User Group: XXXXX" at the top of the results.

however, if i do a direct link it simply says "Members of User Group:". the user group name is missing.

does anyone have an idea how to keep the user group name appearing with a direct link?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 13 Jun 2004, 10:44
Aurous Aurous is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
^ yes, got the same problem here :ermm:
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:40.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: