Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 30 Jul 2016, 01:49

I know, but i wish it was 5.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 02:21

Originally Posted by CarpCharacin View Post
I know, but i wish it was 5.
You need a minimum of 6 people to rate with 5 stars (and nothing lower), so that the average is raised to 4.5, and will be rounded to 5 stars in the icon display.

Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
Old 30 Jul 2016, 02:37

If you want 5 stars try writing a real article and not a short paragraph.

Let us take care of your forum, seo, seo reports, maintenance, what ever you need.

Old 30 Jul 2016, 02:46

Originally Posted by RichieBoy67 View Post
If you want 5 stars try writing a real article and not a short paragraph.
Yes, I had no idea this was posted as an article until the rating was brought up. I thought it was a question instead.

Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
Old 30 Jul 2016, 06:22

It was an article telling people that attachments is better than a hosting service.
Old 30 Jul 2016, 06:39

I would agree, I also prefer when users attach images than hotlink to third party image hosting services, for the reasons you stated and also because many of those images stored on such sites don't render at all in some OS/browser combinations.

I don't mean this to be harsh though, but I don't feel your initial post qualifies as an article, but rather an opinion. To me, an article should be a detailed explanation on how to do something.

Old 30 Jul 2016, 06:42

Originally Posted by MarkFL View Post
I would agree, I also prefer when users attach images than hotlink to third party image hosting services, for the reasons you stated and also because many of those images stored on such sites don't render at all in some OS/browser combinations.

I don't mean this to be harsh though, but I don't feel your initial post qualifies as an article, but rather an opinion. To me, an article should be a detailed explanation on how to do something.
So should i edit it and add a detailed explanation on how to attach images?
Old 30 Jul 2016, 07:00

Originally Posted by CarpCharacin View Post
So should i edit it and add a detailed explanation on how to attach images?
Well, I suspect most users here know how to attach images (it is the users on their forums that would need to be addressed about that), however you might want to research the options admins have to auto-convert hot-linked images to files stored on their servers, perhaps using products already available here, and provide an explanation on how to accomplish this, including the pitfalls, pros/cons of different methods, etc.

Look at the various areas of confusion that might have arisen regarding this issue and provide information that brings more clarity to the options/solutions already available.

In short, you want to take the available information, and bring more clarity to it, and unify presently disparate information into one cohesive article that will be of value to as many vBulletin owners as possible. Sounds easy, right?