Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Site Supporter Button in Postbit - Primary/Additional Usergroups supported Details »
Site Supporter Button in Postbit - Primary/Additional Usergroups supported
Developer Last Online: Feb 2009 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.7 Rating: (8 votes - 4.63 average) Installs: 85
Released: 01 Jun 2007 Last Update: Never Downloads: 17
Not Supported Template Edits  

This mod will probably work in other versions but was only coded and tested on vBulletin 3.6.7

If you've got members who have donated to your forums and you would like them to be recognized, this simple mod will add a nice 'Site Supporter' button underneath the member's messenger icons. However, you can place this piece of code anywhere you'd like. The option is up to you. This is just the way I thought looked best. Enjoy.

Installation:

1) Choose which button you want to use (supporter.gif or supporter2.gif) and upload it to your 'images/misc' folder in your forums directory.

2) Create a NEW usergroup. Go to ADMINCP -> Usergroups -> Add New Usergroup and name it whatever you want, just remember, this new usergroup needs to represent your 'Site Supporter' group, so remember the usergroup ID (uID) for this after you set all the permissions, etc.

3) Open your postbit OR postbit_legacy, whichever one you use, and...

FIND THIS CODE:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

AFTER, ADD THIS:

The 'X' above needs to be changed to the usergroup ID number (uID) corresponding to your new 'Site Supporter' usergroup that you created in STEP 2.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK INSTALLED IF YOU USE THIS MOD!

This is my first mod so please be nice.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	contribute_example.png
Views:	1252
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	65021  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Mini Mods Site Supporter button in postbit! Bratz-Designs Modification Graveyard 15 01 Jun 2007 09:41

Old 03 Jun 2007, 11:38

Nice work m8.. *installed*
Old 03 Jun 2007, 14:49

Originally Posted by 713JunctionP View Post
if you have more than one rank set up it's not necessarily an easy task to get them all placed in various spots within your postbit or postbit_legacy.

also, you need to pay very close attention to the thread and realize why this is all needed. there are numerous code conflicts that occur between user ranks and primary/usergroups. especially when users want to be part of a 'Site Supporter' group but they don't want to change their primary group (ie moderators who are also site supporters but may also have another rank set up at the same time).

please pay more attention before assuming you know what certain code is doing. there are reasons for this thread and why people want it.
The issues you are talking about are not issues if you know how to set up your user groups.

Trust me, everything you are doing with this is built into VB.... no need to all this work, but hey if you have the time then that's your issue not mine.

p.s. Your issue above is controlled by setting their primary display user group setting.

As for knowing this code and what it does, if I didn't I would not have posted. Your modification does nothing that is not there already it's as simple as that. I didn't want to bust your balls here and tell you that when I posted so I thought I would be nice and ask first.
Old 03 Jun 2007, 17:31

^ TRUST ME, you are still not comprehending what I'm saying and I do not have time to argue with you about it.

if you don't want to use the hack then please stay out of the thread.

Last edited by 713JunctionP; 03 Jun 2007 at 18:56.
Old 03 Jun 2007, 22:57

Installed and working, no problems.

I do have one question though. Is there a way to limit this to only the first post in a thread? It's annoying to see this icon numerous times through-out a thread.
Old 03 Jun 2007, 23:45

Originally Posted by R1lover View Post
I have been using the built in version of this for a few years.... I'm still confused why you needed a hack for this lol
Some people prefer this in a hack because they want the "supporter" button to show up in a different place from where the "ranks" function does.

I understand this can be done with user ranks, and frankly it is easier to control doing so.

In my case user ranks currently gives them different icons based upon how many posts they have, and this appears right under the username. I want the site supporter button to appear lower in the postbit_legacy. (In fact the sample image of the postbit for this hack was taken from my site...even though I am not yet using the hack...must have been some creative photoshoping)

Last edited by pds; 03 Jun 2007 at 23:50.
Old 04 Jun 2007, 03:04

Originally Posted by morrow View Post
Installed and working, no problems.

I do have one question though. Is there a way to limit this to only the first post in a thread? It's annoying to see this icon numerous times through-out a thread.
I just let it show everytime the 'site supporter' makes it post. doesn't seem to bother us on the forums I run.

however, as far as limiting the 'site supporter' button to only appear in the first post of each page of a thread...that sounds like something along the lines of a hack I've seen here on vB.org it's a hack where the users signature only shows on their first post per page of any thread. you might be able to take the code from that and do something with it.
Old 04 Jun 2007, 15:38

Originally Posted by pds View Post
Some people prefer this in a hack because they want the "supporter" button to show up in a different place from where the "ranks" function does.

I understand this can be done with user ranks, and frankly it is easier to control doing so.

In my case user ranks currently gives them different icons based upon how many posts they have, and this appears right under the username. I want the site supporter button to appear lower in the postbit_legacy. (In fact the sample image of the postbit for this hack was taken from my site...even though I am not yet using the hack...must have been some creative photoshoping)
That makes sense in your situation... Thanks Funny on the image...
Old 04 Jun 2007, 15:52

I like this will install in the near future
Old 04 Jun 2007, 17:28

Originally Posted by R1lover View Post
That makes sense in your situation... Thanks Funny on the image...
funny because I got the image from another individual who originally posted this hack but had made it unclear to users the differentiation between the $bbuserinfo and $post array's.
Old 05 Jun 2007, 23:43

Someone on my site recommended for the Site Supporter icon to also link to paypal, so this is what I did...

Now when you click on the icon, it will take you to paypal.
Old 06 Jun 2007, 00:40

^ you should probably close your <a href> tag at the end before the </if> tag.

btw, good idea. but will it link the user to YOUR website's paypal contribution page?

I just may add your contribution to this thread's first post and give you credit for it.
Old 23 Jun 2007, 20:09

morrow, would you like me to add your edit to this hack and give you credit?

let me know.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 03:53

Hmmm. Nah, it's your modification. Thanks alot for asking.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 19:31

Finally got this to work for me! *dances*
Old 19 Sep 2007, 02:26

Anyway to make the photo show up in the persons profile?