Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25 Dec 2005, 01:59

Originally Posted by Chris M
Merry Christmas

No disrespect to other religions, but I'd expect them to say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah (is that the right sp?) and whatever other holidays are around this time to me, like I would to them...

Regardless of your religion, Christmas is hardly a solely Christian thing these days anyway - It's more about capitalism and severe debt than about the birth of Christ

Chris
And may you have a wonderfull Best Buy.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 10:07

A tip top tat to you.

Christmas Day OVER. Tired from visiting so much family. Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppp
Old 25 Dec 2005, 10:42

It's only 10:41 am

Chris
Old 25 Dec 2005, 10:45

Originally Posted by Paul M
Why do Americans say "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas ?
To play it safe this is a more appropriate greeting.

LAWYER'S SEASONAL GREETING
from me ("the wishor") to you ("the wishee").
Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the summer solstice holiday, practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all, and a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or sexual orientation of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that: -

This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal;
This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishorare acknowledged.
This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes.
This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.
This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until theissuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.
The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor.
Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Savior", "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer" or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 11:17

Originally Posted by Tony G
A tip top tat to you.

Christmas Day OVER. Tired from visiting so much family. Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppp
Do you all have Christmas trees down there?
Old 25 Dec 2005, 11:23

xmas dont exist no more. ppl took tradition out of things.jus anuva day for me
Old 25 Dec 2005, 19:04

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

gio~logist hopes that he pleased everyone by sticking in both merry christmas and happy holidays

ModernvB.com - vBulletin Mods & Services - ModernvB.com vBulletin 3 Mods - ModernvB.com vBulletin 4 Mods - Hire ModernvB
Full-Time vB Development - If you can think it, we can build it.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 21:05

Merry Christmas
Old 26 Dec 2005, 04:41

I say Merry X-mess!
Old 26 Dec 2005, 08:55

Originally Posted by Corriewf
Do you all have Christmas trees down there?
NO CHRISTMAS IS ALL DIFFERENT HERE FOR NO REASON AT ALL.
Old 26 Dec 2005, 12:11

Originally Posted by Tony G
NO CHRISTMAS IS ALL DIFFERENT HERE FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

Thats what I was thinking. It is summer down there now right? It just seems wierd to me celebrating Christmas in the summer. Does Santa still wear such a heavy suit ect ect?
Old 26 Dec 2005, 12:17

I'm pretty sure her wears a green suit in some areas :S at least that's what I remember seeing

/me hads off to find info at wikipedia

Guildhead | Torhead | Wowhead
Please do not Private Message, Email or Instant Message me for Support with vBulletin or help with any Modifications to vBulletin.
Old 26 Dec 2005, 12:48

Originally Posted by Corriewf
Thats what I was thinking. It is summer down there now right? It just seems wierd to me celebrating Christmas in the summer. Does Santa still wear such a heavy suit ect ect?
I can't imagine him wearing all that in Aussie... I would think he would be siimilar to this:

... but that's just me.
Old 26 Dec 2005, 15:11

Because if we say Merry Christmas people will get offended if they don't celebrate the holiday, I got in trouble last year for saying Merry Christmas to a customer even know they said it to me
Bizzare, coming from a Muslim background and residing in the UK, I think there are a few minority who think that by saying aloud Merry Christmas it offends Muslims and people of other faiths who are not Christians. Possibly government jobs worth people who aint got anything better to do.

I find the whole saga too political correct, in fact to date I havent met anyone who is upset by the term 'Merry Christmas', Muslim or not.

Anyway, no white snow in the UK, in fact it feels like spring, so much for winter

Peace to all in 2006.

Hanif
Old 26 Dec 2005, 16:55

Originally Posted by Chris M
Regardless of your religion, Christmas is hardly a solely Christian thing these days anyway - It's more about capitalism and severe debt than about the birth of Christ
Christmas never was about the birth of Christ. Simple chronology makes that impossible. He was 33 1/2 years old when he died on Nisan 14 - Hebrew calendar (which is in March or April). If that's the case, then he would have been born around Oct. Christmas was simply a mergence of other secular and pagan festivals. A simple search of the origins of Christmas will show you what I mean. So when people complain that Christmas has lost it's meaning, what they really mean is it never had it.