Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should Vick be able to play football for the NFL?
Yes 18 45.00%
No 18 45.00%
I don't know or have no opinion 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Aug 2009, 20:07

Should M. Vick get to play?

Ok, you all knew this thread subject was coming sooner or later. LOL

Should Michael Vick be able to play in the NFL after the horrensdous crimes he committed?

My feelings..... an eye for an eye. Let him go broke and live on the streets as far as I'm concerned.
Old 16 Aug 2009, 20:19

One quick answer, hell no!
Old 16 Aug 2009, 20:30

Absolutely he should be able to play in the NFL. There are people in the NFL currently who have been convicted of much greater crimes IMO. One guy soon will be let back in the league after he hit and killed someone when he was drunk. Vick is a great athlete and deserves a second changes. I'm 100% against dog fighting but the guy deserves a second chance. He served his time now people just need to get off his back and let him get his life back on track and get his money!!
Old 16 Aug 2009, 23:07

What second chance did these dogs he killed and brutilized have? And as far as the others in the NFL, what second chance to their victims have? Seems like the NFL will let any thug play no mater what as long as they play good.

Pepsi and Papa Johns Pizza better watch things too.

Last edited by GSeybold; 16 Aug 2009 at 23:21.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 00:22

I'm confused on this...

I'm in favor to teach Him a lesson... but I'm against to block anyones' passion to do what they love...

p.s. On second thoughts... can we bar ppl from using vB forever?!?!
Old 17 Aug 2009, 00:38

People do things and should be forgiven but is giving this guy a multi million dollar contract punishment? Is jail time enough?

Last edited by GSeybold; 17 Aug 2009 at 00:47.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 00:46

You could say he's done his time so move on.

For me, the NFL should enforce a lifetime ban, however, they probably can't do it as he has served his time.
If they tried enforce a ban now, I'd imagine the lawyers would have a field day.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 00:59

Originally Posted by agitated View Post
You could say he's done his time so move on.

For me, the NFL should enforce a lifetime ban, however, they probably can't do it as he has served his time.
If they tried enforce a ban now, I'd imagine the lawyers would have a field day.
Yeah probably, doesn't ban fans from boycotting though... Hit them where it hurts. Not that that would help either cause at least here in America seems like people get away with everything these days. Instant memory loss for a nation so fascinated with celebritism? Is that even a word? LOL
Old 17 Aug 2009, 01:16

We've had a similar thing here in the UK with our football / soccer players.
Most recently it was Joey Barton. He served his time for a crime (I'm a poet and I didn't know it) and he was not sacked by his club. A violent crime.
He takes a lot of stick from fans booing and the likes.
It's the fans that ultimately could force a club to sack a player. Protests etc.
However, that then allows another club to snap him up. Catch22!
Old 17 Aug 2009, 01:23

If every time someone made a mistake, albeit a quite large mistake, was told they were no longer able to do anything any more this world would have died long ago.

He went to jail and paid his dues. He is also now working on the other side of things trying to raise awareness on animal behavior. He is trying to show that he may care.

If he messes up again..doing the same thing then there maybe a reason to actually fault him.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 01:53

Kevin, What if this was a drunk driving case and he killed a few children? Then pleads guilty to simple manslaughter, serves 5 years in prision. Should he(or anyone) then be allowed to play football and would it be appropriate for the NFL to pay him millions of dollars after an innocent family was so shattered? So disgusting. Not surprised that Americans would allow this at all.
Old 17 Aug 2009, 03:19

So just because someone committed a crime means they shouldn't be allowed to earn a living?
Old 17 Aug 2009, 03:44

not via a multi million dollar NFL contract! MacDonalds maybe. LOL
Old 17 Aug 2009, 04:54

Alright here's the deal... the NFL operates, believe it or not, under a very similar structure to McDonalds... a franchise system. Now, by saying a man doesn't deserve to play in the NFL just because he'll make millions is absurd... seriously.

Think about it for a second: The NFL pays that well because it makes a lot of money, which gets passed along to the players (and the NFL would be nothing without the players). It's one thing to disagree with how much these athletes make, but it's an entirely different situation when you argue against a man's right on the basis of that.

Look, I don't condone dogfighting, and I don't know anyone personally that does, but people make mistakes. He served his time that the legal system (one that in all actuality probably took things harder on Vick than they would have you or I) imposed upon him. Maybe you disagree that he shouldn't be allowed to play, but by saying so, you would also be saying you don't believe he should be able to have a job.

The fact is, the guy has physical talent that you or I don't have that makes him a lot of money. If he can use that to make more money than he would working at McDonalds, what person WOULDN'T take that? You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone. I've said it before and I'll say it again... if you serve the time for the crime, you should be able to resume your life to the extent that the law allows.

Forums and columns for all sports fans
Old 17 Aug 2009, 08:00

I thought ex-convicts make for good entertainment?

ModernvB.com - vBulletin Mods & Services - ModernvB.com vBulletin 3 Mods - ModernvB.com vBulletin 4 Mods - Hire ModernvB
Full-Time vB Development - If you can think it, we can build it.