Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 03:24
katie hunter's Avatar
katie hunter katie hunter is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Originally Posted by socialteenz View Post
Not all the time. Some times even vb staffs are rude at vb.com.



May be that's because your put in to some sort of moderation, i don't represent Xenforo. So can't really comment about them.

So back on topic.

I really like vB, especially the 3.x series even the 4.x gets the job done. But i don't like the directions taken by the IB.
I like VB 4.x and have great addons on it not to mention its default features.

http://forum.nihonomaru.com/member/r...1/?styleid=149
http://forum.nihonomaru.com/member/r...1/?styleid=164

Why would i ever leave this that thousand of my members enjoy ^ and migrate to XF that lacks in default features and much more, I think those who are disappointed with VB 5.x did that but they forgot that VB 4.x is there until VB 5.x shapes up better later and it will i think. People assume the future and that is where mistakes are being made.

But as for VB 5.x i am really looking at the seeing the next generation forum with social features and new features that looks appealing. I want to see innovation and new ideas being introduced beyond the forum features we are familiar with.

Last edited by katie hunter; 06 Mar 2014 at 03:44.
  #47  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 04:07
XiTCLUB XiTCLUB is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Real name: Mian Shahzad Raza
Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
If we are going to try and make sure that design and creativity shape a better world, then we need to talk about it : )

http://vimeo.com/70851927
Design is back bone of innovation, if we cannot present our innovation in a better way no one is going to even take a look at it..
and in design department there 2 major options Flat vs Realism http://www.flatvsrealism.com/
and Instant Notification area more social integration will be good for VB. like the point you make "Twitter Like Feed" i am agree with you and so on other social features should comes in default product

like:
>>Built in Chat System
>>Built in Advanced Post Sharing (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintetest)
>>Thread Featured Image Like WordPress (Extremely necessary for Facebook post sharing, currently we don't get Thread image for links we share on facebook).
>>Built in SEO (We dont want to use 3rd parties as they cannot be trusted as my investment gone on vBSEO)
>>What about user Timeline ?? (If Vb could make user Profile Pages like Facebook Timeline)
  #48  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 04:17
katie hunter's Avatar
katie hunter katie hunter is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Originally Posted by XiTCLUB View Post
Design is back bone of innovation, if we cannot present our innovation in a better way no one is going to even take a look at it..
and in design department there 2 major options Flat vs Realism http://www.flatvsrealism.com/
and Instant Notification area more social integration will be good for VB. like the point you make "Twitter Like Feed" i am agree with you and so on other social features should comes in default product

like:
>>Built in Chat System
>>Built in Advanced Post Sharing (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintetest)
>>Thread Featured Image Like WordPress (Extremely necessary for Facebook post sharing, currently we don't get Thread image for links we share on facebook).
>>Built in SEO (We dont want to use 3rd parties as they cannot be trusted as my investment gone on vBSEO)
>>What about user Timeline ?? (If Vb could make user Profile Pages like Facebook Timeline)

Timeline : )

http://i.imgur.com/BKbu7Vo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1ec2m3U.jpg

i think if we ever wanted new features and innovation, i think a new team of web developer and web designer would need to join the current vb team and assist in this new vision.

http://i.imgur.com/Y35g860.jpg

Last edited by katie hunter; 06 Mar 2014 at 04:34.
  #49  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 05:21
socialteenz's Avatar
socialteenz socialteenz is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Real name: Arun
Originally Posted by XiTCLUB View Post
Design is back bone of innovation, if we cannot present our innovation in a better way no one is going to even take a look at it..
and in design department there 2 major options Flat vs Realism http://www.flatvsrealism.com/
and Instant Notification area more social integration will be good for VB. like the point you make "Twitter Like Feed" i am agree with you and so on other social features should comes in default product

like:
>>Built in Chat System
>>Built in Advanced Post Sharing (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintetest)
>>Thread Featured Image Like WordPress (Extremely necessary for Facebook post sharing, currently we don't get Thread image for links we share on facebook).
>>Built in SEO (We dont want to use 3rd parties as they cannot be trusted as my investment gone on vBSEO)
>>What about user Timeline ?? (If Vb could make user Profile Pages like Facebook Timeline)
I think you ppl are just wasting your time suggesting things which will never be implemented unless they make some $$$ out of it.

All the list reminds me of the fake promises by vB.

What's To Come For vBulletin - Part II

I'll quote the list here..

In this post I would like to highlight how we are proceeding with the 4.X series and what we are expecting to introduce as part of the series. Please, note that these are not ordered in terms of priorities, but provided as a target list. And of course, as denoted in my previous post, 4.1 will include the top 4 items in this list.
Without further ado:
  • Member Profile Customization
  • Overhauled StyleVars
  • Improved and integrated upgrade Process
  • URL Mapping (CMS in root etc.)
  • Improved CMS editor
  • Google Auth + Twitter
  • Mobile Skin (m.vbulletin.com)
  • Updated style
  • UTF-8 Further Development
  • Revised Search
  • Activity Stream
  • Custom Content Type Builder
  • Photo Gallery with Photo Tagging
  • Sharing Tools
  • Mobile API
  • Custom Content Type Builder
  • Updated CMS Permissions
  • Improved use of Memcached and File Cache
  • Member Newsletter Feature (Text + HTML)
  • Header Menu Manager Customization (completed spec)
  • Unified Moderation and Notifications System
  • Unifying widgets and blocks
  • Enable Community Moderation (vote up/down content)
  • Additional Login Options (Google, Twitter, OpenID, Email Registration, etc)
  • Subscription Option: Google Checkout
  • Improved Asset Manager
  • Updated email management/ and templates to prevent blacklisting
  • PostgreSQL support (this will assist and be a part of refactoring our database structure)
  • CMS Workflow (change author, draft, approved, unpub date)
  • Inline Style/Theme Customization (Inline UI to edit StyleVars)
  • Invite Friends Features
  • Find Friend Features (via Address Book: Yahoo Mail, Gmail, AOL, etc)
  • User can self-delete their profile/account
  • Ad Management for Blogs and CMS (and more advanced Forum integration)
  • Groups UI/UX
  • Calendar UI/UX (also integrate with iCal)
  • Expose Developer Documentation (dev.vbulletin.com)
  • Official 3rd Party Developer API
  • Review content type
  • CMS Widget: Tag Cloud
It's been 3.5 years, you can figure out the stuffs which have been implemented so far.
__________________

Last edited by socialteenz; 06 Mar 2014 at 05:31.
  #50  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 05:28
katie hunter's Avatar
katie hunter katie hunter is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Originally Posted by socialteenz View Post
I think you ppl are just wasting your time suggesting things which will never be implemented unless they make some $$$ out of it.

All the list reminds me of the fake promises by vB.

What's To Come For vBulletin - Part II

I'll quote the list here..

It's 3.5 years from the post, you can figure out the stuffs which have been implemented so far.
Just stop.. we like to waste time, what is your deal? We skipped the XF drama, now this. If you know any better, improvements starts with a change.

And that huge list you quoted many of it was already added into 4.x

Here is the deal, you don't have to downgrade threads like these to praise XF, so stop. XF has the least of these entire features and for them to justify why XF lacks many of VB features, they had to come up with this absurd comment, by Kier

vBulletin was born of an age when having more options and more data displayed was a desirable thing. People wanted to be able to control minute details of the way they interacted with a forum - or so we thought.

XenForo is a product that debuts with decades of experience already under its developers' belts, and perhaps a degree more maturity in outlook. Our focus with XenForo is on providing a superior user experience rather than piling on new features. We are more of the opinion now that if we believe there is a right or optimal way to do something, we will just do that, rather than providing options to allow people to do it another way.
Complete nonsense, that is not a vision. They aren't doing anything outside the box to claim that they are built on being unique and innovative, complete utter nonsense. Superior user experience vs lack of features (Did Kier even thought about his marketing comment before stating it) //

Last edited by katie hunter; 06 Mar 2014 at 05:38.
  #51  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 05:45
socialteenz's Avatar
socialteenz socialteenz is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Real name: Arun
Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
Just stop.. we like to waste time, what is your deal? We skipped the XF drama, now this. If you know any better, improvements starts with a change.

And that huge list you quoted many of it was already added into 4.x

Here is the deal, you don't have to downgrade threads like these to praise XF, so stop. XF has the least of these entire features and for them to justify why XF lacks many of VB features, they had to come up with this absurd comment, by Kier
I'm entitled to my own opinion, as a vB customer i have the rights to criticize the product, it seems like you have some problem with xF and coming up with irrelevant replies. My point was clear that vB ppl don't keep up their words nor gonna listen to our feedback.
__________________
  #52  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 05:48
katie hunter's Avatar
katie hunter katie hunter is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Originally Posted by socialteenz View Post
I'm entitled to my own opinion, as a vB customer i have the rights to criticize the product, it seems like you have some problem with xF and coming up with irrelevant replies. My point was clear that vB ppl don't keep up their words nor gonna listen to our feedback.
Ok whatever keep your nonconstructive opinion. You were not criticizing Vb, you were asking us to stop dreaming about future features. See the "Difference" ? k

Originally Posted by socialteenz View Post
I think you ppl are just wasting your time suggesting things which will never be implemented unless they make some $$$ out of it.
  #53  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 06:25
XiTCLUB XiTCLUB is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Real name: Mian Shahzad Raza
Originally Posted by socialteenz View Post
I think you ppl are just wasting your time suggesting things which will never be implemented unless they make some $$$ out of it.
NO PROBLEM, we will do it on our own if vb can't do something about it.. and we are not wastinbg time we are sharing ideas that can be implemented. take deeper look at my forum http://www.xitclub.com/ and look at Forum Display to Thread Display i've implemented my ideas! and many things without additional mods.

as i m not vb expert but i've done the maximum i can and i m not stopping and every day try to make my site more advanced.

but if VB team could help us to implement new ideas via programming (which currently i cannot) we can make VB a totally different..

and my next target to chnage the complete look of user profile page on my forum
  #54  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 09:08
socialteenz's Avatar
socialteenz socialteenz is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Real name: Arun
Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
Ok whatever keep your nonconstructive opinion. You were not criticizing Vb, you were asking us to stop dreaming about future features. See the "Difference" ? k
OK, you gotta it right.

Originally Posted by XiTCLUB View Post
NO PROBLEM, we will do it on our own if vb can't do something about it.. and we are not wastinbg time we are sharing ideas that can be implemented. take deeper look at my forum http://www.xitclub.com/ and look at Forum Display to Thread Display i've implemented my ideas! and many things without additional mods.

as i m not vb expert but i've done the maximum i can and i m not stopping and every day try to make my site more advanced.

but if VB team could help us to implement new ideas via programming (which currently i cannot) we can make VB a totally different..

and my next target to chnage the complete look of user profile page on my forum
Good for you, i am just being realistic.

Also the thread title is just misleading
__________________
  #55  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 11:38
Paul M's Avatar
Paul M Paul M is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Paul M
Originally Posted by JacquiiDesigns View Post
But I do find it interesting that you as one of the most vocal, anti-xf naysayers (here at the .org anyway) are not even an XF customer.

Have no vested interest: No right to voice dissension?
A large number of vB/IB bashers are not customers of vbulletin either.
__________________
Former vBulletin.org Staff Member


Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
  #56  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 11:38
katie hunter's Avatar
katie hunter katie hunter is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
For everyone who followed this thread, I had some doubts about XF, but this is coming straight from yet another founder of XF. So it became crystal clear now how these guys operates XF. It is ironic that they would act that way when they were the first to whine and appeal to members during their litigation time with IB asking for everyone's support and saying that they are the better people and the good guys, they were opportunists.

So for everyone, think again before buying a XF, they will certainly censor you if they find you criticizing them, that logic is garbage and shows that they are insecure about their own product quality, and that is why it fails when you give few developers the ability to start their own company and act as managers as well, they have experience in web developing may be but not with providing current or future customer satisfaction.

In business, no way should you act that way especially if you are going to sell a product.

You can't compare 10 years in business like VB with different level of teams and departments to an opportunist 1 year in business like XF which is founded by 2 web developers (Mike & Kier) and a 1 business manager (Ashely).





If you love hypocrites ^ who loves to violate their own terms and rules, be my guess. So Brogan, one of their staff, has the right to mention my name with lies to secure the way XF looks but I don't have the right for my response to him to be approved and shown publicly to address his lies but it gets moderated and deleted. What kind of delusional people are they.

If vb did anything like this, and started restricting members profiles because they criticized vb itself for the past 10 years, vb wouldn't have survived all these years and their reputation would have been tainted as one of the bad companies. Xenforo just won this title. Give it a try and start testing XF's behavior, you won't be surprised by their treatment. This is not a one case scenario, this is a matter of good principles and i certainly dislike sugar coating.

For them to censor my replies, they are extremely insecure and they appear to love controlling member's responses toward their product, but what they don't get is that they can't control and censor people's critic outside of their own forum, and i certainly will not invest in XF in the future. And because i didn't violate their rules, my account is not banned but rather they are giving me a limited account access (can't pm my friends, my replies and topics are all being send to moderation).

Imagine if you bought XF and later criticize it just to find that your account was limited and found that any comment or topic you made is moderated and that you can't pm any of your friends at all (function removed). I wonder how you will feel. Brogan actually had to say a lie such as a "disgruntle Xenforo customer who couldn't get it to work properly" just to make it sound that XF is actually better than VB. When i never bought XF in the first place.

http://i.imgur.com/TJGpqQY.png <-- (they never approved this reply at all but deleted it) and they are most likely lurking this topic

Garbage business model.

And for the record, they haven't denied bashing.


Last edited by katie hunter; 06 Mar 2014 at 13:50.
  #57  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 16:33
socialteenz's Avatar
socialteenz socialteenz is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Real name: Arun
The title of this thread should read Xenforo vs katie hunter

This user has some problem with XF team and want us to jump to a conclusion that xenforo suxx.

No point of this thread and i am not gonna waste my time here.
__________________
  #58  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 16:52
katie hunter's Avatar
katie hunter katie hunter is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Originally Posted by socialteenz View Post
The title of this thread should read Xenforo vs katie hunter

This user has some problem with XF team and want us to jump to a conclusion that xenforo suxx.

No point of this thread and i am not gonna waste my time here.
1. I am not the OP, so I didn't create this thread, i am sharing my exp with a company that many lacked knowing their true faces.

2. You've made your point before, yes don't waste your time here and go back to XF.

3. You forgot to tell everyone that your mad at me for blocking you on skype, we did a project in the past (not even you, your buddy did who left you later) and we moved on, you certainly can't get over that fact and will bump in several threads where i reply like this one, same can be said about Jacquii (you guys should put me on your ignore list, and you won't have to read my comments). But these personal attacks should stay off topic, you guys don't have to pop in topics i reply in to attack me or change the subject. That is just how things are for both of you : ) can't change that.

We don't have to bash VB/IB just so you can stay happy. This was about ex vb developers (Mike & Kier) who ceased an opportunity and made a product and sales $$ from working with VB in the past, they didn't market XF from the start nor were they new developers bringing a new vision with potential product to the forum market. They were ex vb developers, who left VB and ceased an opportunity and marketed off bashing VB/IB and their involvement in a valid litigation by allowing their members to do so and to this day, they haven't stopped. That is how they made sales, especially taking advantage of the havoc which were against vb 4.x and later 5.x. They ceased that opportunity. It is called dirty business, only you will hear about it on Wall Street.

Take it this way, i have a company, and i spend several years in promoting it and later some of my staff, we let them go for whatever reason but they made a company similar to ours and because they were popular in my company, they stole some of my traffic and members, how would you feel about that ? Every one should ask this question. This is the same scenario with XF vs VB/IB. Many didn't see it that way because of how they disliked VB 5.x but this is the reality and it shouldn't be shattered because of vb 5.x.

Vb 5.x will improve, if you know, VB 5.x is made from scratch using a custom framework made by VB but with XF they are using Zend framework http://www.zend.com/en/ , http://framework.zend.com/ instead of starting from the scratch because it takes time to built a framework from scratch. Don't promote XF while bashing VB because you're disappointed with the version they release that doesn't look good, changes come with time.

Last edited by katie hunter; 06 Mar 2014 at 17:45.
  #59  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 17:03
Gemma's Avatar
Gemma Gemma is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Real name: Gemma
Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
1. I am not the OP, so I didn't create this thread, i am sharing my exp with a company that many lacked knowing their true faces.

2. You've made your point before, yes don't waste your time here and go back to XF.

3. You forgot to tell everyone that your mad at me for blocking you on skype, we did a project in the past and we moved on, you certainly can't get over that fact and will bump in several threads where i reply like this one, same can be said about Jacquii. But these personal attacks should stay off topic, you guys don't have to pop in topics i reply in to attack me. That is just how things are for both of you : ) can't change that.

We don't have to bash VB/IB just so you can stay happy. This was about ex vb developers who ceased an opportunity and made a product and sales from working with VB in the past, they didn't market XF from the start and were a new dev bring a new vision with potential product. They were ex vb dev, who left and ceased an opportunity and marketed off bashing VB/IB and their involvement in a valid litigation. That is how they made sales, especially taking advantage of the havoc which were against vb 4.x and 5.x

Take it this way, i have a company, and i spend several years in it promoting it and later some of my staff, we left them go but they made a company similar to ours and because they were popular in my company, they stole some of my traffic and members, how would you feel ? This is the same scenario with XF vs VB/IB. Many didn't see it that way because of how they disliked VB 5.x but this is the reality.
Sorry Paul M, but I'll stand by my points I made earlier...but that is just my opinion
__________________
  #60  
Old 06 Mar 2014, 17:06
socialteenz's Avatar
socialteenz socialteenz is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Real name: Arun
Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
1. I am not the OP, so I didn't create this thread, i am sharing my exp with a company that many lacked knowing their true faces.

2. You've made your point before, yes don't waste your time here and go back to XF.

3. You forgot to tell everyone that your mad at me for blocking you on skype, we did a project in the past and we moved on, you certainly can't get over that fact and will bump in several threads where i reply like this one, same can be said about Jacquii. But these personal attacks should stay off topic, you guys don't have to pop in topics i reply in to attack me. That is just how things are for both of you : ) can't change that.

1. Then create one for yourself.

2. I don't remember saying that i am gonna move to XF, many of my clients still use vB and i provide support for them.

3. Hahaha Wait, was it a multi million project? which makes me go mad at you. I don't give a damn about you/ your projects. I don't want to people to jump in to a false conclusion and you can't digest the facts. Of-course that wasn't a custom coded skin and even here you are just trying to prove that you are right with your Xenforo bashing.
__________________

Last edited by Paul M; 07 Mar 2014 at 15:01. Reason: Take your own advice
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 18:20.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: