Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07 Mar 2014, 20:08

Originally Posted by JacquiiDesigns View Post
It isn't funny at all imo. It's rather tiresome.

What I've noticed in particular though is that the vB dissension is based on what we can most all certainly agree is vBulletin 4 & vBulletin 5 Connect: the failure of the script to live up to license holders' expectations and the failure of Internet Brands to give a damn about the circumstances.

Most XF dissension (as you can see with our dear Katie) is based on what I call irrelevancies: how the XF community is blegh, how the XF moderating team are blegh, how XF developers are opportunists, how her feelings are hurt because of bla bla bla and blegh again.

Let the dissension be about the actual SCRIPTS, not some petty BS that has nothing to do with the scripts.

Yes we know XF is a young script. As such it is not as loaded with bloat as mature scripts like vB or IPB. But there IS vast development taking place.

Unfortunately we cannot say this about vBulletin.

Wow! What a read! A mini-novela, 99% of which has nothing to do with the actual xenforo script and its functionality.

Yes - we get it. Kier and Mike have somehow managed to virtually piss in your Cheerios. You, without purchasing an XF license, ate it up and are apparently mad. But seriously - These types of posts (filled with conjecture and misinformation) make you look quite silly.

What you (apparently?) fail to realize is that vB 4 Gold hit the scene with a dull sizzle-pop! 2 years later - 4.2 seems to have stabilized and usable. Then comes vB 5 Connect, which hit the scene with an astounding sizzle-pop, infuriating those of us who have been longtime vBulletin loyalists, forcing us to find alternative solutions. Perhaps in the next couple years - vBulletin 5 Connect will actually be a usable software? Who knows? I begin to think a lot of folks don't care anymore....

Enter Xenforo, which was a complete from-the-ground-up, fresh rewrite, as opposed to refactored code. It's my understanding that Kier & Mike suggested a rewrite of vB 5 Connect. IDK - I could be wrong here... But fast-forwarding to now: Xenforo is seeing a boom in development - bugs are getting sorted quickly - new features are being added.

Meanwhile at vBulletin: stagnation.

It's my understanding that Kier, Ashley & Mike were under a 365 day non-compete clause. Perhaps someone else can verify this?... They developed Xenforo 1.0 during this time, a script which for all intents and purposes has been called the non-vBulletin - a truly functional script, both in terms of innovation and code quality.

IMO Internet Brands/vBulletin lawsuit was absolutely meritless. Their attorneys dragged the lawsuit out as long as possible. The general online consensus is that they were being the big-bully company, trying to shut down the budding script.

vB/IB did make a few serious errors imo - The most glaring is that they spent huge amounts of capital $$$ on attorneys. This money desperately needed to be spent on developers! As a result - vBulletin's code quality suffered, additional employees became jaded and either left or were 'let go'

Still to this very day, IB/vB are OBLIVIOUS as how to put their vehicle back on track to be the worlds leading forum software... Sad day.

J.
Okay... so lets just skip the nonsense part of your reply and the weird sizzle-pop language you use. But are you a lawyer? Nope. Do you know how litigation works ? Nope.

Dragging a litigation ? That is definitely a XF staff comment. How many times have i heard this on XF forum in the past just to bash VB, like so many many times and they were talking to people who lacked legal background.

A plaintiff or a defendant has the right to file 1st, 2nd, and 3rd amended complaints and add parties to claims when they see it fit, they are there to win a case or settle it fairly in the first place. Perfectly fine and actually the litigation between IB and Xenforo wasn't even that long and it wasn't dragging, it wasn't a 3 year litigation, most litigation will take anywhere between 1 to 2 years to reach a trial. Discovery proceeding by itself could take up to 9 month.

And btw, Xenforo is not building a software from scratch like Vbulletin wich runs its own custom firmware in the back-end made from ground up. XF used a shortcut and created XF based on a premade custom firmware i.e., Zend Framework http://www.zend.com/en/

Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
Sorry to confuse you!

I'm staying out of this post....I realise now that Katie has issues
I certainly don't have any issues, you came here not liking my responds trying to turn this topic into a useless drama : ) I've used VB for like 8 years and I appreciated the efforts they put in, I've upgrade to vb 4.x just last year from 3.7.6 and i usually take time before i see a stable version. I will do the same when VB 5.x looks more appealing a year or two later. I show support when it is right to do so and that is the right choice.

I have 1.5+ million register members on a forum that loves Vbulletin and receive about any where form 500 to 900 new registered members on daily basis. If i ever switched to Xenforo, the amount of dislike and anger from our members will be huge, this tells many of us something. You can run Xenforo while bashing VBulletin but how many big communities run XF vs how many big communities run VB. Last time i checked, VB won this.

Last edited by katie hunter; 07 Mar 2014 at 20:30.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 20:38

Well, I'll just shut up...
Old 07 Mar 2014, 20:41

Originally Posted by katie hunter View Post
Okay... so lets just skip the nonsense part of your reply and the weird sizzle-pop language you use. But are you a lawyer? Nope. Do you know how litigation works ? Nope.
Again with the irrelevancies...as if you know me. And possible misinformation, as if you know what you're talking about. For all you know - I could be a para-legal who knows more about the American system of jurisprudence than those who have passed the bar exam.

Anyway - Can any official vB Staff clarify: Was it suggested by Kier and team (prior to disappearing from vB/IB's payroll) that vB 4 be a complete rewrite? Was the suggestion slapped down or no? Is the XF script based on a complete code rewrite?

Furthermore - since Katie says vB 5 Connect is 'new' -- Can you tell us if vB 5 Connect is based on freshly rewritten code or refactored code? Whether refactored or freshly written code - would you call vB 5 Connect a success or a laughable sizzle-pop?

Thanks,

J.

fyi ==> My use of sizzle-pop is actually called onomatopoeia. Enlighten yourself if you must: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onomatopoeia
My use of it (for your clarification) is that vB 4 - vB 5 Connect should have hit the scene like a firecracker BOOM! Instead - both hit the scene like duds
Speaking of firecrackers - have you played with any lately? No? You should
Old 07 Mar 2014, 20:43

Well, I'll just shut up...
Please don't allow a twit of an internet-bully to scream and scare you from stating your opinion!
BTW - you ARE right. Katie has issues. I have issues. Paul has issues. You have issues. Everyone has issues.
She's just in lala land and refuses to acknowledge the fact.

J.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 20:59

God, I'm not getting scared off...just not getting involved with someone who for some reason feels hard done by and has, in my opinion, stated all sorts of nonsense....this is something which should be on a personal blog somewhere or on your own website. I said before that conversations like this bring a site down a notch or two (any site not just on here)...that's my opinion and I stand by it

And for the record Katie, I've been here for 10 years and up until very recently I run 4 sites on 4 different platforms. Each platform has their good and bad points but I've never gone around "bashing" any of them or staff on official or modification supporting forums. I'm certainly not a xenForo-fangirl

There's not going to be a decent discussion on xenForo vs vBulletin - an actual discussion on the merits of each software because there will always be people stirring it.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 21:07

I've sat here reading this thread resisting the urge to reply, but I have to at this point.

vB4 is good, it could be better if development continued on it.

XF is good, and it is getting better.

vB5, while a great idea was executed poorly at best and is in many people's opinion a complete loss. From a technical standpoint, the internal workings just aren't server friendly and it really doesn't seem to be getting better. That doesn't mean it won't get better, but it will be a long road to make it something viable for use.

IMHO, the better approach for vB would have been to progressively improve upon vB4. But there seems to be a pattern of aborting versions and releasing completely new, incompatible versions every few years. This is what alienates people and makes them fear that by the time vB5 is viable for use there will be vB6 to worry about.

The one thing I agree with is XF's business model, namely the yearly fee for updates. That is a consistent cash flow that fuels development. vB should take a look at that. It would retain customers and insure compatibility as development takes place.

None of what I said is bashing. It is merely my opinion and isn't intended to bash anything or anyone.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 21:09

God, I'm not getting scared off...just not getting involved with someone who for some reason feels hard done by and has, in my opinion, stated all sorts of nonsense....this is something which should be on a personal blog somewhere or on your own website. I said before that conversations like this bring a site down a notch or two (any site not just on here)...that's my opinion and I stand by it

And for the record Katie, I've been here for 10 years and up until very recently I run 4 sites on 4 different platforms. Each platform has their good and bad points but I've never gone around "bashing" any of them or staff on official or modification supporting forums. I'm certainly not a xenForo-fangirl

There's not going to be a decent discussion on xenForo vs vBulletin - an actual discussion on the merits of each software because there will always be people stirring it.
You know there is a difference between bashing that you will see constantly on XF forum toward VB just to win sales vs actually pointing out some facts. Facts can be sometime true or misleading but there is no denying in this

Or this behavior of censoring

--------------- Added 07 Mar 2014 at 21:16 ---------------

http://youtu.be/_BMT6BfxR7w xd

Last edited by katie hunter; 07 Mar 2014 at 21:17.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 21:18

You know there is a difference between bashing that you will see constantly on XF forum toward VB just to win sales vs actually pointing out some facts. Facts can be sometime true or misleading but there is no denying in this

Or this behavior of censoring

I've no idea what these images you keep posting are supposed to signify. From the posts I've seen that you've made over on xf.com you deserve to be placed in moderation..but again, that is just my opinion...actually if you behaved the way you have on any forum I run or administered I would probably have banned you a long time ago - to me you are just looking to keep stirring things - and I don't blame any admin for taking that stance with you.

--------------- Added 07 Mar 2014 at 21:26 ---------------

Originally Posted by nhawk View Post
IMHO, the better approach for vB would have been to progressively improve upon vB4. But there seems to be a pattern of aborting versions and releasing completely new, incompatible versions every few years. This is what alienates people and makes them fear that by the time vB5 is viable for use there will be vB6 to worry about.
The thing that "annoyed" me about vB4.x is they decided to halt development on it just when it was becoming a decent product...it took them so long after release to get it almost perfect then they decided to concentrate solely on vB5 - or that's how it appeared to me.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 21:29

I've no idea what these images you keep posting are supposed to signify. From the posts I've seen that you've made over on xf.com you deserve to be placed in moderation..but again, that is just my opinion...actually if you behaved the way you have on any forum I run or administered I would probably have banned you a long time ago - to me you are just looking to keep stirring things - and I don't blame any admin for taking that stance with you.
I really love how you're turning the story around. You know one thing i dislike is when someone runs around in a circle, it becomes tiresome, read the 2nd page of this topic. Certainly you don't encourage this sort of practice i.e., censoring, bullying and bashing. You either stand aside or don't support it and there are others who will support it but they have to admit it so we can all be clear about it.

And since you know me so well, can you tell me what did i actually do wrong for my account to be restricted for several month without me knowing? Better quote how i behaved on XF based on my posts. I only found out about it few month later when i tended to reply to a liar, one of XF staff Brogan.

And the 1st pic is a solid prove from XF staff that they are aware of bashing VB, individuals, competitors and sites and they have allowed it in the past and tried to tighten it later but it appears to be going and going. It is good thing that it is there for a prove so we don't have to go an extra mile just to prove the point that XF loves to bash VB and XF staff allows it and censor any critic against XF.

Ok we're done here, next time, please reply with backed factual information instead of just throwing words around.

I will make your job easy Gemma, here is my entire thread history on XF.

http://xenforo.com/community/members/katieh.25651/ Look up my threads/posts
http://xenforo.com/community/search/4887300/ (you have to login to look up the url, XF loves to restrict member's threads from appearing to guests - yet another bad SEO may be)

I want everyone to see how these guys love to censor those who will criticize XF. I have nothing to hide, they do, and Gemma won't find anything in my posts to indicate that i actually acted bad and gave XF plenty of troubles for many month, you know throwing words around that are false isn't funny, it is bad. If you say something, you should back it with facts.

Now you know the truth about XF.

Last edited by katie hunter; 07 Mar 2014 at 22:11.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 21:46

Old 07 Mar 2014, 21:48

Originally Posted by socialteenz View Post
Originally Posted by socialteenz View Post
No point of this thread and i am not gonna waste my time here.
Wow! you came back.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 21:48

I really love how you're turning the story around.

-boop-

Ok we're done here, next time, please reply with backed factual information instead of just throwing words around.

-boop-

Now you know the truth about XF.
Argumentative much?

How ironic though. If you were a non-verified license holder here at vB.org -- You'd have minimal to no access to post in the support forums.

Why you'd insist on posting over at XF.com, when you obviously abhor the product and the people behind it, is beyond me. You have no XF license. Your obvious intention is to bring negativity into the XF forums. You are a shit stirrer.

I agree with Gemma. I'd have banned your butt a long time ago.
The reasons:
  1. You own no XF license.
  2. The pot does not need to be stirred.
  3. You have no business here!
  4. Bye. Holla back when/if you become a license holder.

J.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 21:53

Wow! you came back.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 21:55

Argumentative much?

How ironic though. If you were a non-verified license holder here at vB.org -- You'd have minimal to no access to post in the support forums.

Why you'd insist on posting over at XF.com, when you obviously adore the product and the people behind it, is beyond me. You have no XF license. Your obvious intention is to bring negativity into the XF forums. You are a shit stirrer.

The reasons:

J.
Adore XF vs bringing negativity ? Do you even see how contradicting you are? like seriously. Sorry i am not a hypocrite.

And I am not talking to you now, I was talking to Gemma, better work on your logo design instead of putting fake words http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...1&postcount=63 it is offensive to web design when you use complex words that aren't even justifiable. This actually tells me few things about your character.

The reasons:

J.
I like the way your brain works, but i think we are going to go for something a little bigger --> banned = no license holder, you're amazing :0)

You've proved enough, i am done with you.

BTW - you ARE right. Katie has issues. I have issues. Paul has issues. You have issues. Everyone has issues.
She's just in lala land and refuses to acknowledge the fact.

J.
If you want to say that you have issues, that is fine, but i don't.

Last edited by katie hunter; 09 Mar 2014 at 20:19.
Old 07 Mar 2014, 22:01

I've watched personal attacks through this entire thread and I'm surprised it's still open. I would have closed it or at least deleted a hell of a lot of posts and warned the posters by now.

The thread has taken an ugly turn from what I think it's original intent was.
Closed Thread