Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21 Jan 2015, 17:38

Originally Posted by Zachery View Post
I figured you were trying to automate the creation of forums. Be aware that the system will start to break down around 2000 total forums + usergroups, in any combination. By break down, I mean have too much overhead for data to be processed reguarlly.
Haha, Sounds great. I don't ever think I'll be that high up. However this is a pretty interesting project as I do a lot of other customized pages that apply and utilize things that people do in the fourm. So I might find a breaking point in something along the way. I'm glad that you're pointing that out now. Its a good fact.

*update: I'm still working on systematic stuff for the above code I pushed. I'm trying to figure out exactly what the minimum requirement of code of the "template". You'll see how I broke down a lot of it already. I would like to know break it down further to use the datamanager like I'm expecting to.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 19:19

Originally Posted by Zachery View Post
I figured you were trying to automate the creation of forums. Be aware that the system will start to break down around 2000 total forums + usergroups, in any combination. By break down, I mean have too much overhead for data to be processed reguarlly.
It's a forumcache issue, the forumcache as programmed into vb by default is horribly inefficient in that it loads the entire forumcache into memory (i.e. permissions for all groups for all forums) even if you only are looking at one forum for a small subset of groups. We ran into this bottleneck a while back and had to rewrite the forumcache to not have the massive overhead.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 19:36

Thanks for everybody's help on this. I know have a decent understanding of the datamanagers. And the overhead issue with the forumcache.