Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
YouTube BB Code (W3C-compliant!) Details »
YouTube BB Code (W3C-compliant!)
Mod Version: 1.3.5, by Fangs404 (Coder/Designer) Fangs404 is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.x Rating: (14 votes - 4.79 average) Installs: 80
Released: 22 Oct 2008 Last Update: Never Downloads: 12
Supported Re-usable Code Translations  

I searched for a decent YouTube BB code tag here, but every single one of them uses the embed tag, which is an illegal XHTML tag. I set out to find a way to create a W3C-compliant YouTube BB code tag, and this is what you see here.

Title: YouTube
BB Code Tag Name: youtube
Replacement:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Example: [youtube]zlfKdbWwruY[/youtube]
Description: Embed a YouTube video. You <b>only</b> put the video ID in between the BB code tags (<b>NOT</b> the full URL!). Embedding <b>must</b> be enabled for the video!
Use Option: No
Image:

Important Note!
A link to the YouTube video is displayed if the YouTube video fails to load. There are a variety of reasons this might occur:

- You didn't properly enter the video ID between the BB code tags.
- You don't have the latest version of Flash.
- You are using Firefox and have a conflicting extension (AdBlock, NoScript, a Greasemonkey script, etc).
- The video doesn't allow embedding.
- You have some other problem on your end (corrupt browser install, spyware, virus, etc.).
- YouTube is currently having a problem.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
BB Code Enhancements YouTube BBcode TheProphet vBulletin 3.7 Template Modifications 47 22 Apr 2009 17:17

  #31  
Old 15 Jan 2009, 12:40
Shaliza Shaliza is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Such a small enhancement, but so useful. Makes things easier!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 16 Jan 2009, 08:31
Fangs404 Fangs404 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Originally Posted by Gweebs View Post
Having problems with the youtube button image in the post a reply box. It works if I use a url from another site, but can't get it to link from my site (probably doing something wrong).

Also in FireFox it just shows the text and not a button (wrap [youtube] tags around text).
Probably because there's a prob with the image button.

Anyway, help!!!
Can you give me an example of how you're trying to use the command? You aren't putting the entire YouTube link in between the tags, right? As for why the button isn't showing up, it sounds like you have the image path wrong in the BBCode manager.

Also, please hit "Mark as Installed" to let me know that you're actually using it.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 17 Jan 2009, 05:32
JackRock JackRock is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I feel a little noob-ish on this, but where do I actually enter that code? I've installed other mods before, but had never had to do one like this, and I'm delving into VB for the first time in earnest as an admin.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 17 Jan 2009, 05:44
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by JackRock View Post
I feel a little noob-ish on this, but where do I actually enter that code? I've installed other mods before, but had never had to do one like this, and I'm delving into VB for the first time in earnest as an admin.
You enter it in as a New BBCode in your Custom BBCode Manager.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 17 Jan 2009, 20:08
JackRock JackRock is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
You enter it in as a New BBCode in your Custom BBCode Manager.
THANK YOU! It's like the ONE area I hadn't explored in the ACP. installed
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 17 Jan 2009, 21:00
jlew24asu jlew24asu is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
can someone please explain to me the whole "BORKED" thing?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 18 Jan 2009, 02:39
Fangs404 Fangs404 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Originally Posted by jlew24asu View Post
can someone please explain to me the whole "BORKED" thing?
If you see BORKED, it means that there's something wrong with your setup (your local setup). Maybe you don't have the latest version of flash. Maybe you have a funky Firefox extension installed. It just means something is preventing the flash video from being displayed on your machine.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 18 Jan 2009, 05:59
PHILIPS-08 PHILIPS-08 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2008
thanx alot mate cool mod
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 18 Jan 2009, 16:36
jlew24asu jlew24asu is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Originally Posted by Fangs404 View Post
If you see BORKED, it means that there's something wrong with your setup (your local setup). Maybe you don't have the latest version of flash. Maybe you have a funky Firefox extension installed. It just means something is preventing the flash video from being displayed on your machine.
thanks. that stinks. I dont know what could possibly be the issue. I have the latest flash version, and maybe a few FF plugins, but if I can see it on youtube's site, I dont know what would prevent me from posting it on my forum.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 18 Jan 2009, 18:22
Fangs404 Fangs404 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Originally Posted by jlew24asu View Post
thanks. that stinks. I dont know what could possibly be the issue. I have the latest flash version, and maybe a few FF plugins, but if I can see it on youtube's site, I dont know what would prevent me from posting it on my forum.
Which FF extensions do you have? Try disabling all of them and then see if it works. Does it work in IE?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 18 Jan 2009, 21:36
ncrdave ncrdave is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Smile

Installed!! Works great!! Thanks for a great, and easy mod!!

TheCorvetteForums.com ZR1 Video
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 19 Jan 2009, 13:23
jlew24asu jlew24asu is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Originally Posted by Fangs404 View Post
Which FF extensions do you have? Try disabling all of them and then see if it works. Does it work in IE?
tab mix plus and foxy tunes. doesnt work in IE either. this is the vid im trying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zvCUmeoHpw



-------
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 19 Jan 2009, 21:21
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by jlew24asu View Post
tab mix plus and foxy tunes. doesnt work in IE either. this is the vid im trying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zvCUmeoHpw



-------
This might seem like a silly question, but are you including the dash "-" ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 20 Jan 2009, 03:12
Fangs404 Fangs404 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
This might seem like a silly question, but are you including the dash "-" ?
This is my guess as well. This is what the command should look like:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 20 Jan 2009, 15:41
jlew24asu jlew24asu is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
This might seem like a silly question, but are you including the dash "-" ?
not silly at all! I had no idea about the dash. thanks! where did I miss this instruction?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:40.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: