Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
YouTube BB Code (W3C-compliant!) Details »
YouTube BB Code (W3C-compliant!)
Mod Version: 1.3.5, by Fangs404 (Coder/Designer) Fangs404 is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.x Rating: (14 votes - 4.79 average) Installs: 80
Released: 22 Oct 2008 Last Update: Never Downloads: 12
Supported Re-usable Code Translations  

I searched for a decent YouTube BB code tag here, but every single one of them uses the embed tag, which is an illegal XHTML tag. I set out to find a way to create a W3C-compliant YouTube BB code tag, and this is what you see here.

Title: YouTube
BB Code Tag Name: youtube
Replacement:
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Example: [youtube]zlfKdbWwruY[/youtube]
Description: Embed a YouTube video. You <b>only</b> put the video ID in between the BB code tags (<b>NOT</b> the full URL!). Embedding <b>must</b> be enabled for the video!
Use Option: No
Image:

Important Note!
A link to the YouTube video is displayed if the YouTube video fails to load. There are a variety of reasons this might occur:

- You didn't properly enter the video ID between the BB code tags.
- You don't have the latest version of Flash.
- You are using Firefox and have a conflicting extension (AdBlock, NoScript, a Greasemonkey script, etc).
- The video doesn't allow embedding.
- You have some other problem on your end (corrupt browser install, spyware, virus, etc.).
- YouTube is currently having a problem.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
BB Code Enhancements YouTube BBcode TheProphet vBulletin 3.7 Template Modifications 47 22 Apr 2009 17:17

  #46  
Old 20 Jan 2009, 16:09
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by jlew24asu View Post
not silly at all! I had no idea about the dash. thanks! where did I miss this instruction?
This ID number for a video begins immediately after the equals = symbol. So in this case, the dash was part of the ID.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 20 Jan 2009, 16:13
jlew24asu jlew24asu is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
This ID number for a video begins immediately after the equals = symbol. So in this case, the dash was part of the ID.
oh. ok. thanks for your help
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02 Feb 2009, 20:11
the stig's Avatar
the stig the stig is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
QUick question:

Can I change the value to 560 x 385 in the bbcode manager? the embed 425 x 344 is too small... thanks
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04 Feb 2009, 01:54
Fangs404 Fangs404 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Originally Posted by the stig View Post
QUick question:

Can I change the value to 560 x 385 in the bbcode manager? the embed 425 x 344 is too small... thanks
I actually just checked YouTube's dimensions for regular and HQ, and it's 644x390 (HD is 858x508 for comparison). I went ahead and changed it. Thanks for the recommendation.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04 Feb 2009, 02:52
the stig's Avatar
the stig the stig is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
What should I do now?

I have regular and HQ youtube bb code. Should I just change the BB codes in bb code manager? Will changing the bb code to a different dimension affect any of our previously embeded videos in various post/threads?

thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04 Feb 2009, 05:17
Fangs404 Fangs404 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Originally Posted by the stig View Post
What should I do now?

I have regular and HQ youtube bb code. Should I just change the BB codes in bb code manager? Will changing the bb code to a different dimension affect any of our previously embeded videos in various post/threads?

thanks.
Yes, it'll change all instances of youtube or youtubehq to be the new dimensions, including the previously embedded ones.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05 Feb 2009, 00:43
the stig's Avatar
the stig the stig is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Originally Posted by Fangs404 View Post
Yes, it'll change all instances of youtube or youtubehq to be the new dimensions, including the previously embedded ones.
Much thanks, sir. This is the best youtube embedding hack till date.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05 Feb 2009, 07:23
Fangs404 Fangs404 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Originally Posted by the stig View Post
Much thanks, sir. This is the best youtube embedding hack till date.
Thank you. That means a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06 Feb 2009, 17:55
james-76's Avatar
james-76 james-76 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
When i try to post these videos in the first post as a thread they come up as BORKED on firefox. When they are a reply to a thread so the 2nd post or after they work perfectly.

Can you help?

http://www.birdiechance.co.uk/forums...osted=1#post84

forgive the forum its not quite ready for the official opening just yet.


EDIT:
Ok I realised the problem and it was the tags and link were not on the same line. Iwill post below incase others have the same issue


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


Last edited by james-76; 06 Feb 2009 at 18:26.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06 Feb 2009, 22:58
Fangs404 Fangs404 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Originally Posted by james-76 View Post
When i try to post these videos in the first post as a thread they come up as BORKED on firefox. When they are a reply to a thread so the 2nd post or after they work perfectly.

Can you help?

http://www.birdiechance.co.uk/forums...osted=1#post84

forgive the forum its not quite ready for the official opening just yet.


EDIT:
Ok I realised the problem and it was the tags and link were not on the same line. Iwill post below incase others have the same issue


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
Yeah, what that'll do is try to make the URL include a return which I guess causes YouTube to throw a fit.

Also, I don't know if you guys knew this, but if you want to make the video autoplay, you can do something like this:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Just add &autoplay=1 to the end of the video ID.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 20 Mar 2009, 03:07
the stig's Avatar
the stig the stig is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Mr. Fangs404, looks like YouTube changed their default video size again (for regular and HQ videos). Would you be kind enough to update the sizes again? thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 22 Mar 2009, 04:36
Fangs404 Fangs404 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Originally Posted by the stig View Post
Mr. Fangs404, looks like YouTube changed their default video size again (for regular and HQ videos). Would you be kind enough to update the sizes again? thanks.
Hm, according to my calculations, regular/HQ is 644x390 and HD is 858x508 which is what the BBCode uses currently. Are you seeing something different on your end?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 25 Mar 2009, 22:13
Tannerman's Avatar
Tannerman Tannerman is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Has anyone noticed in the last week or so while using this modification that HQ videos are no longer defaulting in HQ mode when embedded? The HQ button is there, but it's no longer the default when the video starts. Did something change on the parameter level?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 29 Mar 2009, 03:32
Fangs404 Fangs404 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I just removed the HQ YouTube tag (youtubehq). It's no longer necessary since the embedded player now has a HQ button built in. The embedded player actually also has an HD button if HD is enabled for the video, but I'm leaving the HD tag (youtubehd) because it's a physically larger player.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 30 Mar 2009, 04:05
richardyoung richardyoung is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
NIce.. just installed and works great
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:50.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: