Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 26 Mar 2004, 03:30

Originally Posted by ap0c
Moderators having permission to add/remove access masks , not registered users
That is the point... They request the sub-forum and when it is created they are basically moderators with the ability to add/remove more sub-forums for their own little world. How is this any different from any other type of management hack? I have a board where we have nowhere near the time to manage all the sub-forums for all of our users so we use this moderator hack and would not have stuck with vbull had this hack not been available.

Last edited by Digital_Madness; 26 Mar 2004 at 14:12.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 08:01

Originally Posted by FASherman
Maybe we need a VBHacks website not CONTROLLED by Jelsoft?
I own www.vbhacks.us Any bids? lol
Old 26 Mar 2004, 08:56

Damm just relised it was 23 pages, read it all and i don't see an offical statment from Jelsoft saying it is banned. Hurry up alrighty
Old 26 Mar 2004, 09:24

lol it took you 55 mins to read the thread?
Old 26 Mar 2004, 12:25

300+ posts and only 55 minutes.. i'd say that ain't too bad..

someone mentioned Jelsoft approaching their attorney.. if that happens, the attorney is not goign to favor us.. we don't pay his mercedes car payment.. what he would likely say is tell them/ ask them not to use it, disallow it from the site, then modify the La to make sure you CYA.. (cover your ass)

i doubt this hack will be around in it's already existing state.. that said, i want the existing state hack.. not the the toned down, jelsoft version..

and nemisis, if you have enough interest, i personally will buy the license for vBulletin for you to run that site.. but i will need a private forum for my pr0n threads..

Last edited by 13th_Disciple; 26 Mar 2004 at 12:45.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 12:39

Originally Posted by 13th_Disciple
300+ posts and only 55 minutes.. i'd say that ain't too bad..

someone mentioned Jelsoft approaching their attorney.. if that happens, the attorney is not goign to favor us.. we don't pay his mercedes car payment.. what he would likely say is tell them/ ask them not to use it, disallow it from the site, then modify the La to make sure you CYA.. (cover your ass)

i doubt this hack will be around in it's already existing state.. that said, i want the existing state hack.. the the toned down, jelsoft version..

and nemisis, if you have enough interest, i personally will buy the license for vBulletin for you to run that site.. but i will need a private forum for my pr0n threads..
The license is the easy part. vBulletin.org probably uses like 1-2 TB of bandwidth or more each month.

Dark Shogun
Old 26 Mar 2004, 12:44

i have a dedicated server that has a TB of allowable BW per month.. i only use about 15 to 20 GB of that allowable BW..

also, there are some rather cheap hosting venues now that offer a fair amount of space and BW.. so it wouldn't be hard to find a place..
Old 26 Mar 2004, 13:29

i have a dedicated server that has a TB of allowable BW per month.. i only use about 15 to 20 GB of that allowable BW..

also, there are some rather cheap hosting venues now that offer a fair amount of space and BW.. so it wouldn't be hard to find a place..
Yeah but thats like $100 (for cheap places) - $600 and up. If you don't have any steady income coming in from the site it could be pretty hard.

Dark Shogun
Old 26 Mar 2004, 14:17

Originally Posted by Dark Shogun
Yeah but thats like $100 (for cheap places) - $600 and up. If you don't have any steady income coming in from the site it could be pretty hard.

Dark Shogun
Topic please.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 15:41

Originally Posted by SpeedStreet
Topic please.
Oh bother. The self-appointed "topic cop".

If you don't think planning for a hack site separate from Jelsoft's control isn't part of the topic, then you aren't paying attention.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 15:48

Im starting to get tired of this vbulletin crap. They dont want us the paying users to be able to make the mosts of our boards with so many limit on how hacks can be released and what hacks cant be released. I know of a few nice hacks that cant be released here becuase they decided no. This is a hack site so all hacks should be allowed. One of the ones Im refering to is the thread lockdown hack. This has plenty of good uses within the liscense but yet it cant be released here becuase its main idea was for urls to certain sites. Im getting really tired of this crap.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 15:50

Originally Posted by eXtremeTim
Im starting to get tired of this vbulletin crap. They dont want us the paying users to be able to make the mosts of our boards with so many limit on how hacks can be released and what hacks cant be released. I know of a few nice hacks that cant be released here becuase they decided no. This is a hack site so all hacks should be allowed. One of the ones Im refering to is the thread lockdown hack. This has plenty of good uses within the liscense but yet it cant be released here becuase its main idea was for urls to certain sites. Im getting really tired of this crap.
The question is whether we are going to continue being tired of draconian overseers or are we going to do something about it? Lets get a new site off the ground. We have someone with a domain, another willing to host it, lets continue to see this through.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 15:52

Originally Posted by SpeedStreet
Topic please.
My post was on the subtopic. The main topic is regarding vBHosting. The subtopic would be about having a site not under the vbulletin.com thumb.

Dark Shogun
Old 26 Mar 2004, 15:52

Originally Posted by Dark Shogun

Dark Shogun
Like I said, I have a full dedicated FreeBSD server on a 10MB connection.. I am allowed 1000 GB's of BW per month.. I would be willing to work out an arrangement to get a site up and running.. in fact, have already had a pm to the affect of interest and an offer to help financially to offset any burden of cost.. while i know that no single person can foot the bill all the time, I have to pay for the server every month already.. so it is going nowhere.. besides.. I may find someone who knows FreeBSD inside and out and can help me manage the server itself..

it is running IPFW because of some lamers trying to knock it down from time to time.. but anymore, that's every server out there..

anyway, offer is on the table.. clearly defined..
Old 26 Mar 2004, 15:56

Like I said, I have a full dedicated FreeBSD server on a 10MB connection.. I am allowed 1000 GB's of BW per month.. I would be willing to work out an arrangement to get a site up and running.. in fact, have already had a pm to the affect of interest and an offer to help financially to offset any burden of cost.. while i know that no single person can foot the bill all the time, I have to pay for the server every month already.. so it is going nowhere.. besides.. I may find someone who knows FreeBSD inside and out and can help me manage the server itself..

it is running IPFW because of some lamers trying to knock it down from time to time.. but anymore, that's every server out there..

anyway, offer is on the table.. clearly defined..
That is sooooooo cool. You shouldn't have a problem finding someone that would want to open up a hack site.

Dark Shogun
Closed Thread