Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[OzzModz] Welcome Thread / Post For New Users Details »
[OzzModz] Welcome Thread / Post For New Users
Developer Last Online: Apr 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (14 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 86
Released: 15 Dec 2013 Last Update: 13 Sep 2014 Downloads: 371
Not Supported Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

Another mod brought to you by,

This is a simple mod, that will post a new thread or post, when a new user joins your site.

It can be set to post as soon as the member completes the registration process, or when they confirm their email, should you have that option set in your vBulletin settings.

It is a simple installation, upload the files in the UPLOAD folder, then import the product XML, product-ozzmodz_welcome_thread

You can edit the options under the settings, [OzzModz] Welcome Thread / Post For New Users Settings and change the thread post titles and messages in the options, [OzzModz] Welcome Thread / Post For New Users Titles And Messages

Complete Feature List
  • Ability to enable/disable the thread/post system.
  • Option to create thread before or after Email activation
  • Option to choose to post as a new thread or a reply to a post.
  • Option to enter the ID of the person making the post.
  • Option for the thread/post to count towards the posters postcount or not.
  • Ability to select which forum the new thread should be posted in.
  • Option to set the thread id if you choose to post as a reply to a post.
  • Option to set the post id if you choose to post as a reply to a post.
  • Option to set the thread as open or closed if you choose to post as a new thread.
  • Option to enter which post icons to use.
  • Option to set as sticky if you choose to post as a new thread.
  • Ten different options to enter the thread/post title for the system to randomly use.
  • Ten different options to enter the thread/post content for the system to randomly use.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified whenever new updates are available.

* For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps me know how many people are using my work, giving me extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

I appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* History (Changelog) *
-------------------------
v1.0.0 (December 15, 2013)
- Initial public release.
v1.1.0 (July 26, 2014)
- Added ability to link username to users profile.
v1.2.0 (September 13, 2014)
- Existing users that change their email, and confirm the new email, will no longer trigger the mod to post a thread.
- Users that sign up with names that have special characters, like this, pandora& will now show up correctly, instead of showing like this, pandora&

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome thread 1.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	147581   Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome thread 2.png
Views:	540
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	147582   Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome thread 3.jpg
Views:	1016
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	147583  

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases [OzzModz] VSa - ChatBox Show Active Users Addon ozzy47 Modification Graveyard 36 13 Feb 2015 12:48
Show Thread Enhancements [OzzModz] Post New Thread Button In Posts ozzy47 Modification Graveyard 36 05 Feb 2015 11:38
Show Thread Enhancements [OzzModz] Postbit Background For Specific Users ozzy47 Modification Graveyard 27 31 Jan 2015 16:48
Show Thread Enhancements [OzzModz] Users Subscribed To Thread Block ozzy47 Modification Graveyard 51 25 Apr 2014 15:47
Show Thread Enhancements [OzzModz] Post Body Background For Specific Users ozzy47 Modification Graveyard 52 08 Dec 2013 17:52

Old 03 Mar 2014, 23:13

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alan_SP View Post
Ah k Thanks!
Old 13 Mar 2014, 16:08

Originally Posted by ozzy47 View Post
Hmmm, I will have to see if there is a workaround for that.
Well, I was thinking a bit.

You could:

- Create new field in user table, let's call it already welcomed on installation and make it boolean (logical, only Yes/No)
- Put 1 (Yes) in all already existing users fields, so there wouldn't be new welcome threads for old users.
- When there's new email confirmation, check also if already welcomed field for that user is set to Yes, or if it is still No (0). If still No, create new welcome thread.
- After you create welcome thread for user, change status of his already welcomed field to Yes (1).

This would prevent multiple welcome threads when old users confirm new email addresses.
Old 13 Mar 2014, 21:35

Installed and working great!

- with the new file of course!

Thanks Ozzy!
Old 13 Mar 2014, 22:25

Not a problem, glad you like it, and thanks for marking as installed.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 28 Apr 2014, 03:35

If you are ever considering new features for this mod, how about considering this?
The welcome thread/post reply content will be based on the new custom user field /or fields that is/are required on registration.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...07&postcount=1

Cheers Ozz
Old 29 Apr 2014, 17:20

Hey Guys,

I use this great hack to create a new thread in adminzone and inform about new users.
But as you can see on the screen, sometimes the variable $username be empty. Im not sure where the bug comes from.

I copied the sam text to every title and body field in adminzone.

Maybe ozzy can implement a select what nubers used for create new threads, so i can say "use only template 1 and 2 for create new threads/posts.

Here the Screen: http://prntscr.com/3elg1w & http://prntscr.com/3elgbg

Br Lex
Old 07 May 2014, 16:41

Originally Posted by DemOnstar View Post
If you are ever considering new features for this mod, how about considering this?
The welcome thread/post reply content will be based on the new custom user field /or fields that is/are required on registration.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...07&postcount=1

Cheers Ozz
Thanks for quoting my post. Im also looking forward to this. this idea is much better. using templates looks really obvious to other members
Old 08 May 2014, 16:06

How difficult would it be to add the ability to specify a tag like 'new member'

Update:

Please ignore my question. I found a different way to do it.

Great mod. I might end up using it.

Last edited by Disco_Stu; 08 May 2014 at 19:10.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 00:03

Just a request: I would like to see this show their names and have it link to their new profile

Like where it says the name like this in the new post.

EXAMPLE:
Welcome CoZmicShReddeR, Glad you have joined!

I remember there was one here in the forums I used years ago that did that. I tried looking for it but cannot find it or I had it and it stopped working with VB4
Old 26 Jul 2014, 00:07

Hmmm, I'll have to look into that and see if it is still feasible, which it should be.
You can get access to my 180 mods for vB 3.6 - 4.x at The Admin Zone as well as the professional support you are used to. New vBulletin Spider Definitions, vBulletin Spiders List Hits 1000 Spiders! ​ OzzModz down. Site has had a data breach, checking how the intrusion happened. Change your PW if you use the same one on my site and others.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 08:45

Originally Posted by CoZmicShReddeR View Post
Just a request: I would like to see this show their names and have it link to their new profile

Like where it says the name like this in the new post.

EXAMPLE:
Welcome CoZmicShReddeR, Glad you have joined!

I remember there was one here in the forums I used years ago that did that. I tried looking for it but cannot find it or I had it and it stopped working with VB4
Thank you CoZmic ! This would really be cool if Ozz could make this happen ....
Old 26 Jul 2014, 19:52

It would be even cooler () if it could work with mentions (DBTech AUT mod), but sadly, probably it wouldn't ever work. Linking with profiles is, on the other hand a bit easier. You just need userID supplied (like we have username supplied with $username variable), and you could construct link to users' profile fairly easy.

On the other hand, I'd like that mod checks if the user was previously registered and if was, not to create welcome thread. It looks a bit strange when users registered for years receive welcome thread.
Old 26 Jul 2014, 19:55

You have seen it create threads for previously registered users?
Old 27 Jul 2014, 03:14

v1.1.0 (July 26, 2014)
- Added ability to link username to users profile.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 06:02

Oh this sucks Ozzy!!! I got the welcome thread without the username when I created a new test account 3 times in a row ....