Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
SMS Capabilities (Text Messaging to Cell Phone from Forums) Details »
SMS Capabilities (Text Messaging to Cell Phone from Forums)
Developer Last Online: Jul 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 3.7.x Rating: (25 votes - 4.96 average) Installs: 248
Released: 19 Jun 2008 Last Update: 04 Nov 2008 Downloads: 1867
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files  

I am discontinuing this modification while I redesign it. If you need support or want information, email me at [email protected].

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 03 Jul 2008, 23:22

Originally Posted by The huge modification description at the top of every page
If you find a bug, have a suggestion, or you want a cell phone company added, please email me at [email protected] (I will ignore company requests in this thread from now on).
So please, email the company requests to me...
Old 04 Jul 2008, 06:11

Originally Posted by robwoelich View Post
So please, email the company requests to me...
K, well how about just IDK fixing the PIN issue as it is stopping the whole modification from working at all. Uninstalled until this issue is fixed.
Old 04 Jul 2008, 16:14

well the Orange works ok now..........and others on my forum
Old 05 Jul 2008, 00:17

Originally Posted by TheInsaneManiac View Post
K, well how about just IDK fixing the PIN issue as it is stopping the whole modification from working at all. Uninstalled until this issue is fixed.
What are you talking about? If you don't get the test message with the PIN, you're not going to get any messages at all from the modification. The purpose of the PIN is to prove you own the number, as well as confirm your settings are working and you're receiving texts before the forums bother wasting resources and trying to send you all these texts that you're never going to get.

See what I'm saying? Make sure you're using the right carrier and email, and make sure you don't have to activate the email to text service through your carrier.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 00:54

What are you talking about? If you don't get the test message with the PIN, you're not going to get any messages at all from the modification. The purpose of the PIN is to prove you own the number, as well as confirm your settings are working and you're receiving texts before the forums bother wasting resources and trying to send you all these texts that you're never going to get.

See what I'm saying? Make sure you're using the right carrier and email, and make sure you don't have to activate the email to text service through your carrier.
You are not getting it. I along with a bunch of other people are NOT getting the PINs in the first place. The phone number is correct, but NO PIN!
Old 05 Jul 2008, 01:05

You are not getting it. I along with a bunch of other people are NOT getting the PINs in the first place. The phone number is correct, but NO PIN!
I'm not going to get into a shouting match with you over it, becaues it's like I said. That means your settings are by some ways or means incorrect, and you are not going to receive any messages at all with the settings you've chosen (number + carrier + email).

To help remedy this, instead of simply telling me it's not working, you could tell me what carrier you're trying to use and the email associated with it, and then I might actually be able to do something for you. The PIN number is sent the same way as all the other text messages are sent by the modification, so you're attacking the PIN because you're not getting it, but that's not the problem. You're not getting the text message that contains the PIN in the first place, thereby indicating your settings are incorrect somehow because other users can get the PIN number on a variety of carriers and countries.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 01:47

I'm not going to get into a shouting match with you over it, becaues it's like I said. That means your settings are by some ways or means incorrect, and you are not going to receive any messages at all with the settings you've chosen (number + carrier + email).

To help remedy this, instead of simply telling me it's not working, you could tell me what carrier you're trying to use and the email associated with it, and then I might actually be able to do something for you. The PIN number is sent the same way as all the other text messages are sent by the modification, so you're attacking the PIN because you're not getting it, but that's not the problem. You're not getting the text message that contains the PIN in the first place, thereby indicating your settings are incorrect somehow because other users can get the PIN number on a variety of carriers and countries.
Verizon... I amd entering my number like this:
423XXXXXXX. The X's are my number.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 03:19

Verizon... I amd entering my number like this:
423XXXXXXX. The X's are my number.
Ok, thank you... now I'll PM you.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 13:33

Small problem when I tested the mod on my forum with my profile.
I selected Orange UK as the provider put in my phone number. It then wants me to select an email address but there is none to select.
I'm now in a loop and unable to get out of this. Reset fields does nothing and when I go to edit my details I'm taken straight back to the above screen.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 14:13

This is too cool! Thank you very much! I'm using Sprint, tested, worked like a charm.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 17:17

Hello, sounds a great mod but I haven't been able to get it working yet. The mod seemed to install fine as I have all the SMS options etc in my admin cp but when I don't appear to be receiving the test message with the pin to my mobile number.

I am on 02 (UK) and there was only one email address to select which I did. Entered my mobile number as 07933xxxxxx (all numerics) and then sent the test message which I have not received yet, been waiting for over an hour now. (I did re-request the test message three times as well).

I have read the troubleshooting section of your read me file "Q: I'm not getting the text messages/I'm getting them after a long time." but I couldn't really understand what I needed to do.

Is there any advise you can offer at all please?

Thanks
Old 06 Jul 2008, 04:07

Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
Small problem when I tested the mod on my forum with my profile.
I selected Orange UK as the provider put in my phone number. It then wants me to select an email address but there is none to select.
I'm now in a loop and unable to get out of this. Reset fields does nothing and when I go to edit my details I'm taken straight back to the above screen.
I've heard a report or two about this. I'll try to add some way to fix it next release.

Originally Posted by zigojacko View Post
Hello, sounds a great mod but I haven't been able to get it working yet. The mod seemed to install fine as I have all the SMS options etc in my admin cp but when I don't appear to be receiving the test message with the pin to my mobile number.

I am on 02 (UK) and there was only one email address to select which I did. Entered my mobile number as 07933xxxxxx (all numerics) and then sent the test message which I have not received yet, been waiting for over an hour now. (I did re-request the test message three times as well).

I have read the troubleshooting section of your read me file "Q: I'm not getting the text messages/I'm getting them after a long time." but I couldn't really understand what I needed to do.

Thanks
Make sure you don't have to activate the ability to use the email-to-text service through your cell phone company. I'm not familiar with the companies over there, but I know with Orange you have to activate MMS first. If that doesn't work, the email I have for that carrier may be bad. This will hopefully be fixed soon.
Old 06 Jul 2008, 04:59

Originally Posted by zigojacko View Post

Thanks
Have you activated it for 02, you have to text on to number 212.

Also make sure you enter your number as 447933xxxxxx and not zero.
Old 06 Jul 2008, 05:31

Originally Posted by Veccy 150 View Post
Have you activated it for 02, you have to text on to number 212.

Also make sure you enter your number as 447933xxxxxx and not zero.
What he said. Thanks.

I've built a feature into v1.2 that allows the SMS mod to report to me which carriers are confirmed working, and allows users to report carriers that are not working properly (i.e. wrong email). The automatic reporting can be turned off in the Admin CP if you have privacy concerns, but you'll be able to learn more about all this when I release it.

Anyway, this has given me the idea to add a field to the database to record carrier-specific issues or directions for each carrier or email. It's probably not a bad idea.
Old 06 Jul 2008, 06:20

I'm using with Sprint and works like a well oiled clock.