Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Yilmaz - Hide [code,php,html] content from guests (vb5.6.x) Details »
Yilmaz - Hide [code,php,html] content from guests (vb5.6.x)
Developer Last Online: Dec 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 5.5.5 Rating: (1 vote - 5.00 average) Installs: 6
Released: 27 Oct 2020 Last Update: 29 Oct 2020 Downloads: 23
Supported Additional Files  

Tested in vbulletin version 5.6.4 works fine

Features:
This mod makes it so you can hide [CODE] [PHP] [HTML] BBcode content from guests
Hide [CODE], [HTML] ve [PHP] from Unregistered/Unverified account.

Description:
This product allows you to decide if you want to hide [CODE], [HTML] and [PHP] BBCode content from Unregistered/Unverified on your site.
Hidden content is replaced by a link to your registration page for guests and a simple message for restricted user groups.

========================================
How to install:
Upload the content of Yilmaz - Hide [code,php,html] content from guests directory to your root.
that's all it.
enjoy..

Please Mark as Installed if you use this.
Donations always appreciated.

Cache issue fixed

How to uninstall:
1. Remove the package "yilmazhidebbcodes" that located in /core/packages/
2. Go to "Manage Products" in the admincp and delete the product named "Yilmaz - Hide [code,php,html] content from guests"

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020.10.27-14_37_54.png
Views:	26
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	157839   Click image for larger version

Name:	2020.10.27-14_39_26.png
Views:	32
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	157840  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases Yilmaz - Hide Links From Guests (Compatible 5.6.x) yilmaz vBulletin 5.x Products & Extensions 3 07 Nov 2020 22:58
Mini Mods Yilmaz - vb5 GDPR I AGREE yilmaz Modification Graveyard 5 29 Jun 2018 16:39
Show Thread Enhancements MARCO1 Hide Thread Content - With excluding forum to hide content MARCO1 vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 81 06 Jun 2018 22:15
Show Thread Enhancements MARCO1 Hide Thread Content - With excluding forum to hide content MARCO1 vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 14 03 Aug 2014 15:38

Old 29 Oct 2020, 16:03

Originally Posted by delicjous View Post
Thats only a part of my suggestion but even that is more solid than before (recommand if empty because options could be empty!).
Now you have the best solution for users who cachebbcodebyusergroup, but if not cachebbcodebyusergroup the entire cache is still emtied every time a user look into a post. The cache of 30 posts are about 1MB of data, so if you have 30 000 posts and a highly frequented forum you have around 1000 MB data without cache by usergroup, even you use only 5 usergroups the cache could grow fast. So this option is not good for everyone.
You are absolutely right.
The bbcode_code, bbcode_html and bbcode_php templates do not appear in the results.
If it was out, I would replace these templates with other templates.
This topic gives clues. https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=327871
Old 29 Oct 2020, 17:37

Another approach: I had created a prototype for zweeper with a frontend controller. This means that the post / bbcode only contains a placeholder and an ajax call, the frontend controller can map any complex (cachable) display logic based on the ajax credentials.

Advantage: No cache reset necessary
Disadvantage: An additional ajax call for each content to be hidden. So only useful for certain constellations (in the case of Zweeper only a hide bbcode in the first post of a thread / blog).

PS @zweeper: Ja du hättest die Tabelle einfach löschen können, nur dann einmalig den Cache leeren.
Old 30 Oct 2020, 06:35

Originally Posted by delicjous View Post
Thats only a part of my suggestion but even that is more solid than before (recommand if empty because options could be empty!).
Now you have the best solution for users who cachebbcodebyusergroup, but if not cachebbcodebyusergroup the entire cache is still emtied every time a user look into a post. The cache of 30 posts are about 1MB of data, so if you have 30 000 posts and a highly frequented forum you have around 1000 MB data without cache by usergroup, even you use only 5 usergroups the cache could grow fast. So this option is not good for everyone.

So that actually can cause my servers RAM usage grow high, right? because I think i just experience that.
Old 30 Oct 2020, 06:36

Originally Posted by shka View Post
Another approach: I had created a prototype for zweeper with a frontend controller. This means that the post / bbcode only contains a placeholder and an ajax call, the frontend controller can map any complex (cachable) display logic based on the ajax credentials.

Advantage: No cache reset necessary
Disadvantage: An additional ajax call for each content to be hidden. So only useful for certain constellations (in the case of Zweeper only a hide bbcode in the first post of a thread / blog).

PS @zweeper: Ja du hättest die Tabelle einfach löschen können, nur dann einmalig den Cache leeren.

And it still works greate
Old 30 Oct 2020, 07:55

All of you should vote for this bug-/ featurerequest-reports:

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-17825
https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...ssues/VBV-5356

Delete the cache always rise server-usage and will slow down the page. Means it must be possible to modify the content on presentationlayer and not behind the scenes. Right now ...
1. cache have to be cleaned (fully or like I do/ did for the post with bbcode in it) = first database action
2. modify the post content (all in php and only a little serverpower needed)
3. build new cache (for the one post or in this mod fully) = second database action

If the cache emtied fully the entire cache of all post, stylevars, styles ... builds up every pageview.
Old 30 Oct 2020, 08:40

Done voting!
Old 30 Oct 2020, 11:33

Done voting!
Old 30 Oct 2020, 11:45

Dann auch done getan.
Old 30 Oct 2020, 17:12

Done voting!
Old 30 Oct 2020, 17:35

Thank you very much

Donation sent by Paypal.
Old 01 Nov 2020, 19:51