Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31 May 2013, 05:16

View forum posts 4.1.12

So for the last 6 months or perhaps longer (first I heard of it was 6 months ago) when a member clicks on another members name in the postbit (legacy) and clicks the "View Forum Posts" link ... it doesn't show recent posts. There's about a 3 week gap between the posts the link returns and the actual most recent post of the user.

This is the only search that's buggered up (http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...st&showposts=1) but is "fixed" for a little while after I rebuild the search index.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on with this search feature?
Old 31 May 2013, 17:10

What is set for AdminCP > Settings > Options > message searching options > Queue Search Updates ? And if it's set to yes, look at Scheduled Tasks and make sure the task to run the queue processor task is running.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 31 May 2013, 19:00

Ok it was set to yes but there was no "Search Queue Updates" in the scheduled task. Do you happen to know how to set it up? Or where I can go searching for instructions on setting it up?
Old 01 Jun 2013, 00:45

I don't know the actual name of it as it has changed a few times (mine still is just called "tsq"). Here are the specifics of setting it up.

Title: Search Queue Update
Minute: 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
Active: Yes
Filename: ./includes/cron/queueprocessor.php

Save it. Run it. It should now be set to run every 10 minutes on your forum and index all new posts every 10 minutes.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
Old 01 Jun 2013, 02:14

Thank you Lynne

There was a process called queuprocessor but for some reason it was set to run every 0 hour every ten minutes. I have just now changed that to * (every hour) and every 10 minutes and will see if it's working properly tomorrow.

--------------- Added 01 Jun 2013 at 20:17 ---------------

Ok so queueprocessor wasn't running even with all settings set properly. I have just created the task that you laid out of me and will report back when I check it again later today
Old 03 Jun 2013, 06:47

Ok it's not running at all. In the scheduled task manager it shows when it's supposed to run next, but it never shows up in the log, and it's not running. So I attached two screen shots, the first is how the task is set up, and the other is the task log showing that it isn't running.

Note: It doesn't show in the log even when it's run manually. The log shows a span of roughly 3 hours of tasks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg search_queue.jpg (116.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg task_log.jpg (170.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 03 Jun 2013, 18:29

You don't have a log phrase in there. Also, are you checking your error_logs ?

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 03 Jun 2013, 18:58

Sheesh.....you're right I don't have a phrase in there *smacks the back of his head* I haven't seen anything in the error logs that relates to scheduled tasks, just a few 404 errors that I haven't figured out yet

Ok so I'll put in a log phrase and see what happens.
Old 03 Jun 2013, 19:20

Ok I placed a log phrase but it's still not showing up on the task log. In case I'm missing something in the error log, I have attached it as a .txt file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt error_log.txt (56.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 03 Jun 2013, 19:32

So if you run it manually, what happens? Any error or output?
Old 03 Jun 2013, 22:14

If I run it manually there are no errors, no indication in the task manager log that it ran, and no update to the "view forum posts".
Old 03 Jun 2013, 22:23

This file exists on your site - /includes/cron/queueprocessor.php ?

I just clicked the search link in the first post and I am getting results of posts from today. So, why are you thinking it isn't working?

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 03 Jun 2013, 22:42

Yep just looked again and the file is there. Some of my members are complaining that when they use that feature to find posts by someone it's not returning the most recent results. In some cases the results are weeks old even though the person being searched has posted either the day before the the day of the search. When I check the member being searched, often I will not get recent posts either. So something's out of whack I just haven't narrowed it down yet.

I don't quite understand the purpose of queueprocessor.php ... is it supposed to be only 2K (file size)? Mine looks complete but sure looks like it doesn't do anything, but I am a complete noob when it comes to vB's code
Old 04 Jun 2013, 02:16

Do all your forums have Index New Posts in Search Engine set to Yes? If it is set to No, then no posts in that forum will be indexed and thus they will not show up in ANY search.

W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
Old 04 Jun 2013, 02:45

All forums were set to yes and one category was set to no. I switched to category to yes and will see if that has any effect. Another note to mention ... the scheduled task "Search Queue Update" doesn't show up in the log for my super admin account either. Which sucks I was hoping maybe I didn't give my normal admin account the proper permissions but it looks like that's not the issue