Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Thread & Forum Ignore System Details »
Thread & Forum Ignore System
Developer Last Online: Aug 2017 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.2.2 Rating: (8 votes - 4.88 average) Installs: 74
Released: 19 Oct 2011 Last Update: 18 Jan 2015 Downloads: 268
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Re-usable Code Translations  

New Version 2.0

I've completely overhauled this product. The earlier version cheated by marking ignored threads and forums as read before executing the get new query, so it worked only for New Posts set to get new. The way the new version works is still not elegant owing to lack of hook locations available but it gets the job done for New Posts, Today's Posts and in the Forum Home Page and Forum Display.

Other New Features:
  • Users can set where the Ignore System is enabled in their User Settings. It can be enabled for New Posts, Today's posts and Forum Home & Forum Display.

• Ignored threads used to be listed in the User Settings by threadid, or the order in which the threads were first posted. All new additions to the ignore lists will show at the end of the list.

• No template edits in this version. If you have already edited SHOWTHREAD and FORUMDISPLAY you can just leave the changes in place, JavaScript will set them to display:none.

• When I developed the older version I had the database fields set with a character limit that limited how many threads could be ignored. In this version the number is unlimited.

• This version has its own setting group and doesn't require any restrictions on Thread/Forum Read Marking Type.

Using the Ignore System

You can set a thread to ignored in the Thread Tools menu and unignore it there later if you can navigate back to it. Similarly you can ignore forums in Forum Tools menu. Thread and forum ignore lists can be edited in UserSettings.

Installation:

Upload the product XML file in Product Manager. If you have the old version, set to overwrite existing files. No edits or files to upload.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	tfis_usercp.png
Views:	1175
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	133948   Click image for larger version

Name:	tfis_admincp.png
Views:	972
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	133949  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
End-User Options Ignore Thread: Allow Users to Ignore Threads of Their Choosing calorie vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 115 06 Dec 2013 18:32

Old 04 Jan 2016, 17:31

Originally Posted by watchsteve View Post
Could anyone tell me if this works on vB 4.2.3?
Yes, it worked for me on vBulletin 4.2.3.

I honestly don't see why you need to ask. Somebody just reported it worked on vB 4.2.2 right above.
Hence it will work on vB 4.2.3. If it doesn't, then it's an issue YOU will just have.

Hence the best way to test, is to test yourself on a test forum. Working for others, doesn't automatically mean it will work for you.
Old 04 Jan 2016, 19:48

Doesn't seem to work for sub forums within different forums.....sigh.

There is a forum that many of my users don't like seeing new post for, but it also have a good dozen sub forums in it. Be quite obnoxious if they had to go within every single sub forum and click ignore.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 03:48

I have two requests:

1. Anyway to also hide threads from displaying in Forum Blocks, such as Forum Threads/Posts? Currently as it stands it shows, and though it doesn't appear on the index page, it shows on the Forum Threads Block.
2. Allow Admins to place topics/forums on ignore for users, with the ability to not allow members to change it?
Old 19 Feb 2016, 11:58

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot for this usefull Plugin

I did translate all phrases to German language. The only thing I've changed from original is:

"Forum Home & Forum Display"->"Portal Home & Forum Display"

Same for description. And of course I named it like that in german.

"If you leave the "Portal Home and Forum Display" option unchecked, ignored forums will display in Portal Home and as subforums......." -> "Wenn Du bei der "Portal Hauptseite & Forum Anzeige" Option kein Häckchen setzt, werden ignorierte Foren auf der Portal Hauptseite und die Unterforen......."

Thats because we use vBadvanced.

I hope I did download phrases correctly. (Include Custom Phrases & Just fetch phrases)

@nerbert: Feel free to use and include them (dont forget to change the above mentioned phrases back to "Portal Home" -> "Forum Home" and (german) "Portal Hauptseite" -> "Forum Hauptseite"

Or do whatever you want with it haha
Attached Files
File Type: xml Thread_Forum_IgnoreSystem_German.xml (4.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Duke49th; 19 Feb 2016 at 12:20. Reason: Adding German Phrases .xml
Old 24 Feb 2016, 05:31

Originally Posted by Elixar View Post
I have two requests:

1. Anyway to also hide threads from displaying in Forum Blocks, such as Forum Threads/Posts? Currently as it stands it shows, and though it doesn't appear on the index page, it shows on the Forum Threads Block.
2. Allow Admins to place topics/forums on ignore for users, with the ability to not allow members to change it?
Bump.
Old 20 Sep 2016, 16:30

Couple of questions.

Is there a way to only slow certain user groups to use this feature?

Also is this hard on the sever?
Old 20 Sep 2016, 16:44

Originally Posted by gobears20 View Post
Couple of questions.

Is there a way to only slow certain user groups to use this feature?

Also is this hard on the sever?
No, the only option is to enable/disable the product. It is coded efficiently to rely on existing query modifiers and I would say doesn't appreciably add to server strain at all.

Support for my products (as well as updates/new product publishing) has been moved to MHB - vBulletin Products and TAZ - Add-ons
Old 16 Oct 2016, 13:36

Unfortunately not working on the tapatalk app, but I don't know if anyone could ever get around that.

Thank you.
Old 25 May 2018, 08:06

Would be perfect a modification to ignore prefix