Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
BBR - vB Event Forums Details »
BBR - vB Event Forums
Developer Last Online: Feb 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This thread is in the Modification Graveyard.
vB Version: 4.0.1 Rating: (19 votes - 4.68 average) Installs: 187
Released: 02 Feb 2010 Last Update: 03 Feb 2010 Downloads: 661
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Is in Beta Stage  

I will no longer support vBulletin because of IB and the agile development, and they are not fixing bugs like they should. Instead they add bloat.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	bbrevent.PNG
Views:	3248
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	111535  

Show Your Support

• If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases Farcaster's Event Attendance & vb Event Forums Integration Farcaster vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 191 30 Nov 2013 05:02
Event Forums endquote vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 183 15 Sep 2006 14:06

Old 15 Aug 2010, 01:28

Annoying how it only sorts by %title in the forum, no matter what order you specify the thread title to be in.

I love the mod, just wish I could sort the forum by %datetime in ascending order
Old 19 Aug 2010, 01:26

I have not upgraded in some while when I do I will upgrade it. I am still on 4.0.2 Sorry, I just do not have the time to keep up with vb and all there changes and bugs.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 02:00

Originally Posted by BBR-APBT View Post
I have not upgraded in some while when I do I will upgrade it. I am still on 4.0.2 Sorry, I just do not have the time to keep up with vb and all there changes and bugs.
FWIW, 406 is looking good.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 13:44

Great add-on! When you do have time for an update, would be cool to have an option on how to format the forum title using date strings, so folks can set forums to sort on title and put things in the order relevant to their needs:
Pennsylvania AADR Show & Pull Club (PA)- AADR: 07-25-2009 10:00 AM - 05:30 PM

vb_eventforums_eventid : m-d-Y h:i A - h:i A
Have the ability to enter a string in the options menu
d M | g:i - g:i (e) | vb_eventforums_eventid

25 Jul | 10:00 - 17:30 (EDT) | Pennsylvania AADR Show & Pull Club (PA)- AADR
Regardless, love the mod.. has made our scheduling a ton easier, as we use this and export everything to iCal.

So thanks for your work!
Old 22 Aug 2010, 23:24

Hi BBR-APBT

Firstly thanks for a truly great mod. I can see that it used by many people and greatly appreciated by all.

Unfortunately I cant use it yet because I need an extra feature but I see that you plan to upgrade it soon?

Please consider this feature request – I am happy to pay/donate to you to integrate this for me. I need to be able to attach images to the post as well as place them in the body of the post just like the normal vBulletin posting/attachment system.

Please let me know if you can do this and if so please let me know a time frame.

Thanks
Mel
Old 24 Aug 2010, 01:02

Originally Posted by lowfd View Post
I've also got this problem on my board. My events person can post up event threads fine but cannot edit them... his usergroup settings and calendar settings are turned on.. checked multiple times. But still no "edit".
This is the single biggest problem for me as well. Mod works GREAT! But, I have to edit events for people because they cannot edit them by themselves I have checked and rechecked permissions, no joy.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 01:32

Yes, I can't quite understand why this hasn't been addressed ages ago. People keep adding this mod, but aren't they quickly discovering this particular and most serious downside?

I'm about ready to uninstall it. I mean, the vb calendar is hard enough for people to understand without being able to edit their events.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 03:39

I see mentions of people editing their template to get the edit button working for everyone. Could someone post up some pointers on that please? I am willing to do so, I just need some hints. Thanks!
Old 24 Aug 2010, 21:25

Hi guys, getting an error using this in vbulletin 4.0.6 PL1..

Error is

DELETE FROM moderation
WHERE type = 'thread'
AND threadid = 29049;

threadid doesn't existing anymore in the sql database...

There is a field called primaryid (from memory), can I just change the code in this xml to fix this? Has anybody else notice the same problem?

Wondering if a fix is coming out to resolve this?

Last edited by jnrdavo; 24 Aug 2010 at 21:33.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 19:26

absolutely charming mod. does exactly what we need.

one lil question thou...

how can i sort the threads generated in the corresponing forum by eventdate?

it seems the %datetime is ignored when having default sorting of threads on title in the forum and then all is sorted by %title. so is it possible to sort it by ascending by %datetime?

thx for the mod and your help
Old 01 Sep 2010, 20:29

When this mod is enabled you cannot RSVP to an event but when I disable this mod you can RSVP. I would assume that is not what is to happen. The event gets posted properly in a new thread however.
Any ideas?
Old 02 Sep 2010, 20:47

It sounds like the Event Attendance plugin isn't integrating correctly. Without the right integration plugin, in the vb3 version of these they would behave exactly like you're describing.
Old 02 Sep 2010, 21:01

CharlieDelta- Have you confirmed each works independently? IIRC you had the RSVP working and are now adding this. I suggest disabling each individually, testing for proper use then try again. I have both working just fine but haven't upgraded past 4.0.2 because it appears something fails on later versions.
Old 02 Sep 2010, 23:01

Originally Posted by SamirDarji View Post
It sounds like the Event Attendance plugin isn't integrating correctly. Without the right integration plugin, in the vb3 version of these they would behave exactly like you're describing.
Interesting.

Originally Posted by Front Range 4x4 View Post
CharlieDelta- Have you confirmed each works independently? IIRC you had the RSVP working and are now adding this. I suggest disabling each individually, testing for proper use then try again. I have both working just fine but haven't upgraded past 4.0.2 because it appears something fails on later versions.
Well I am using 4.0.3 so this could be the culprit. You are correct (in fact you helped me with alignment issues), RSVP is working fine but I will try to test event forums with RSVP disabled.

Updated; Tested independently and both work as should but still having same problem when both enabled.

Last edited by CharlieDelta; 02 Sep 2010 at 23:13.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 09:08

I wonder why the first post in the event-threads is "missing" and it starts counting with number 2.

Since the event-description isnīt a posting (actualy i would prefer it to be one...) this isnīt making any sense to me.

Would it be possible to post the event-description as a normal posting?