Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Black and Blue Style Details »
Black and Blue Style
Mod Version: 1.00, by SmashinYoungMan (Member) SmashinYoungMan is offline
Developer Last Online: Jul 2011 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.8 Rating: (26 votes - 4.85 average) Installs: 180
Released: 11 Jan 2007 Last Update: 10 Sep 2007 Downloads: 68820
Not Supported Template Edits Additional Files  

Hello, all!

I finally decided to release a style. It is a vB 3.6.5, 951 pixels fixed width, dark blue and deep gray/black style. I developed this theme on my test installation on my PC, so unfortunately there is no live demo, but I've attached a couple of screenshots. The theme has been tested with FireFox 2.0, Internet Explorer 6 and 7, and Opera 9.0.

I tried to make it so customizing it is a relatively painless procedure. In the header template, I commented where you can add your own logo, 468x60 ad code, and customize the links (Link1, Link2, etc.).

Included in the zip file are the xml file, button PSDs and icons with a dark matting.

There is no theme copyright in the footer, or any links to any sites of mine. Please, though, do not redistribute or sell the theme.

I'll support it as time allows, and I'll do my best to keep it up to date with each new vB release. If you wish to hire me to do extra customization on it, such as develop a logo, change the buttons, statusicons, etc., just send me a PM.

Please remember to "Mark as Installed"! Bonus points if you decide to throw a donation my way.

1-12-2007:
Added the PSD for the layout to the zip file.

5-03-2007:
Added a fluid version of this style. The installation instructions are the same, except for the obvious file name differences. Additionally, the fixed version of this style has been adjusted so that you can set your logo graphic in the "Title Image" field of the style manager, instead of having to edit the header template.

9-10-2007:
Updated the .xml files for vB version 3.6.8.

Installation Instructions:

1. Unzip the "blackandblue_fixed-style.zip" file.
2. Upload the two folders, "icons" and "blackandblue" in the image directory to your forum's image directory.
3. In your admincp, click "Download/Upload Styles" under "Styles and Templates".
4. In the "Import Style XML File" section, browse for the file, "bb-fixed-style.xml" included in the zip file and click the "Import" button, leaving the rest of the options at their defaults.

Enjoy!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	bb-sample-1.jpg
Views:	4352
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	58892   Click image for larger version

Name:	bb-sample-2.jpg
Views:	9349
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	58893  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Black and Blue 8[Admin CP Style] IT ROCKS!!! Roms vBulletin 3.8 Admin CP Styles 28 14 Aug 2009 23:10
Blue/Black Style (vB3 version) peterska2 vBulletin 3.6 Styles 8 01 Feb 2008 09:25
BS Style (Black and Blue) BlackScorpion3 vBulletin 3.6 Styles 24 26 Mar 2007 20:16
Blue/Black Style SaintDog vBulletin 2.x Styles 0 06 Mar 2003 16:33

Old 04 Feb 2007, 15:15

Oh, wait, I read the first post and figured it out. Stupid me
Old 05 Feb 2007, 21:54

very nice , thanks .
Old 11 Feb 2007, 02:46

i really like fluid styles... but this one stands out.. it is really nice.... installed and will feature as the default theme
Old 17 Feb 2007, 01:43

Smile

Installed on ArcadeForum -- I finally decided to go for a new look and this caught my eye. I'll probably do a little customization, but it is a very nice skin.
Old 17 Feb 2007, 19:10

Can someone tell me how to make this span the width of my browser. I love the skin its just a bit too narrow for me.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 06:22

Anybody?
Old 26 Feb 2007, 09:13

Well, I just installed it- no problems (knocks on wood)! We love this skin- Thank you! I had to change the StatusIcons, to better suit my application, though.

This is a very smooth, very clean skin- I highly recommend it. Any chance of a red version of this?
Old 26 Feb 2007, 23:56

Possible full width version at all?
Old 04 Mar 2007, 04:23

Any word on an update?
Old 04 Mar 2007, 04:42

Originally Posted by Darkus View Post
Possible full width version at all?
Same here Have got it installed, but would love to see a fluid version
Old 04 Mar 2007, 22:22

..and frankly I'd pay you for a fluid version as I have some users with vision problems that are requesting a version optimized for 800x600.

Thanks,
A
Old 15 Mar 2007, 04:24

Hello, all.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but there have been health problems in my family that have kept me away from design work and the vB community.

This skin requires no updating to be 3.6.5 compatible, so you can safely upgrade from 3.6.4 without issue or needing to update any templates if you already have it installed. I updated the zip file with a new xml so folks installing this for the first time on a 3.6.5 forum won't have to fool with clicking "Ignore Style Version".

As a catch-all answer to creating different width templates, that isn't something I can do just now. Due to being out of action for an extended period, I need to dedicate my time in the following days and weeks to paid work. If you have a paid job you're interested in having me take on, just PM me.

Once I get caught up, I'll try and do a better job of keeping this particular skin updated and taking on requests as time allows.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 20:01

Can anyone tell me how to get an even border on top and take the 2 boxes out? If that makes sense...

Last edited by DJ Matt4684; 27 Mar 2007 at 20:07.
Old 31 Mar 2007, 16:29

I have the Mk Portal CMS system that integrates with Vbulletin. Would I be allowed to use this style for the Mk Portal CMS part of my site because it lets you use the forum skin for the portal section of the site (I would still have any copyrights you may have on the portal section of my site)?
---
I am keeping this for others if they want to do something like that, but I am no longer using a CMS for my site. I am only using Vbulletin.

Last edited by vbpenguin; 01 Apr 2007 at 20:33.
Old 01 Apr 2007, 19:13

Thanks for this release, I spent a LONG time looking for a new skin and yours stood head and shoulders above the rest. It also works very well with vbAdvanced right out of the box.

If anyone else is interested in a fluid version shoot me a PM so we can talk about pooling some money for such a release.