Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Woopra for vBulletin Details »
Woopra for vBulletin
Mod Version: 1.0.4, by Shane (Member) Shane is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2011 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.x Rating: (14 votes - 4.86 average) Installs: 258
Released: 02 Apr 2008 Last Update: 04 Jun 2008 Downloads: 2096
Not Supported Uses Plugins Auto-Template Is in Beta Stage  

Woopra (http://www.woopra.com/) is a hosted live tracking site that allows you to examine the live stats of your website. This plugin will allow your site to be tracked by Woopra. You still need an account on Woopra and your site to be approved for this to work!

Install & Config
Install the product_woopra_stats.xml in your product page. Upload the bitfield XML to your XML directory under includes. Enter your Woopra Site ID number under your forum settings options. This is needed for the template to process. There are other options there also!

Please click install if you install this! Support faster to those with "Install" clicked, but not needed. Thanks!

Please Note!
Woopra does not support this plugin. I do. So if you have any problems with the plugin, please contact me. If it has to deal with the software that they provide, I can not deal with it. Registration problems on Woopra I can not deal with either.

Woopra Official Plugin Directory URL
Woopra on their site has an official plugin directory on their website, however it links back to this post.

Screenshots
They are limited, but you can get an idea by visiting their website to see how it works and the type of data that you get. I updated this post too include screens from my view. This is view the Java APP that you can connect with. It's very fun! (Note: I run 1900x1200 so they got automatically re-sized here... so.... http://www.frakmedia.net/shane/woopra/ is where I placed some images)

Known Problems
  • User Title/User Group - This should be showing the "group name", not the title. I will have this fixed in 1.0.5.
Version History
  • 1.0.0 - Initial Release
  • 1.0.1 - Talking with the Woopra dev team, non-logged in users will show up as "Visitor X" and so on.
  • 1.0.2 - New data can be passed: "Post Count", "User Title", "Join Date" Also the fields that are passed names are based off your default forum language. This means "Email" will still be "Email" (inside the Woopra Java App) if you have the forum default to Enligsh, no matter if your user has set theirs to another language. Moved Javascript code to load after forum display/thread listing instead of on top. Can be used as far back as 3.6.8 but designed on 3.7.x.
  • 1.0.3 - $spacer_open is in more places than I thought making it count to many times. I moved it back to the header of "$_phpinclude_output".
  • 1.0.4 - Avatar will not show up as a black box if the user in question does not have one in set. (A fix to deal with new app version.) Email will be standard clickable link in the application soon. Changed array name from woopra_array to woopra_visitor. Phrases for the items instead of using others.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	woopra_vb_live.jpg
Views:	3574
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	78130   Click image for larger version

Name:	woopra_vb_overview.jpg
Views:	3017
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	78131  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
  #196  
Old 22 Nov 2008, 18:45
kpierce kpierce is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Same question here. How do you get Woopra to display usernames? Everything else works great.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 23 Nov 2008, 19:18
kpierce kpierce is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Also, Woopra always shows a few less members online than vbulletin shows.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 23 Nov 2008, 19:32
segwayon segwayon is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Originally Posted by kpierce View Post
Also, Woopra always shows a few less members online than vbulletin shows.
I notice that many guests do not show up.

As a test I disabled the plugin and Woopra still receives data from the server, so I suspect that the manually-added script code inside the footer template suffices for that. Can anyone confirm that this vB plugin is defunct?

Also, in case this plugin is still needed, is the "WebID" the same as the "API Key" which Woopra provides? I tried to place their "API key" into the plugin's "WebID" but it didn't seem to help (or hurt).
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 23 Nov 2008, 19:43
kpierce kpierce is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Originally Posted by segwayon View Post
I notice that many guests do not show up.

As a test I disabled the plugin and Woopra still receives data from the server, so I suspect that the manually-added script code inside the footer template suffices for that. Can anyone confirm that this vB plugin is defunct?

Also, in case this plugin is still needed, is the "WebID" the same as the "API Key" which Woopra provides? I tried to place their "API key" into the plugin's "WebID" but it didn't seem to help (or hurt).
I don't even let guest view the site. I'm talking about my registered users. vbulletin will show 12 registered users online and Woopra will show 8-9. Do you get usernames displayed in Woopra? Mine just shows "visitor".
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 23 Nov 2008, 19:46
kpierce kpierce is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Right now, Woopra says 2 online and vbulletin says 12 registered users online.
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 23 Nov 2008, 19:50
segwayon segwayon is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Originally Posted by kpierce View Post
I don't even let guest view the site. I'm talking about my registered users. vbulletin will show 12 registered users online and Woopra will show 8-9. Do you get usernames displayed in Woopra? Mine just shows "visitor".
I believe the issue there might be the way VB tracks users - if a user drops off the website without logging out manually then VB will "see" them as still present for a while. This may be based on session cookie length.

With Woopra I believe it is better able to ascertain when users leave the webserver.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 23 Nov 2008, 20:21
kpierce kpierce is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Originally Posted by segwayon View Post
I believe the issue there might be the way VB tracks users - if a user drops off the website without logging out manually then VB will "see" them as still present for a while. This may be based on session cookie length.

With Woopra I believe it is better able to ascertain when users leave the webserver.
That makes sense. What about user names?
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 23 Nov 2008, 20:54
segwayon segwayon is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Originally Posted by kpierce View Post
That makes sense. What about user names?
Here's a post from the Woopra forum regarding VB & usernames:
http://www.woopra.com/forums/topic/v...in-login-names
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 23 Nov 2008, 21:26
Dream's Avatar
Dream Dream is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
This looks promising, too bad it's limited to 10k pageviews per day.

I'd pay for a live analytics tool though. Having to wait a day for Google to crunch their stuff is annoying.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 23 Nov 2008, 21:40
Dream's Avatar
Dream Dream is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Well it seems both my +10k websites were approved for free beta in <1 minute O_O

Off to install this plugin
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 23 Nov 2008, 21:42
kpierce kpierce is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Originally Posted by segwayon View Post
Here's a post from the Woopra forum regarding VB & usernames:
http://www.woopra.com/forums/topic/v...in-login-names
LOL I'm kevin1016. I guess I'll wait to hear.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 26 Nov 2008, 05:16
radmoose's Avatar
radmoose radmoose is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
The Plug In looks for a non-empty Site ID to determine if it is "active". To make the plug in work and have the additional items show up, install the plug in as directed, then put some random number in the SiteID and remove the following line from product-woopra_stats.xml file :


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Also, the plug-in looks for the "home" url and on my system that is the root URL and not hte subdirectory that the forum is located in, so I made this one change.

If you already installed it and the avatars are not showing up, in the Plug-In section of vBulletin, "Header: Add Woopra Javascript", edit "parse_templates" and add "forum" or the subdirectory your forum is in before /image.php as seen below.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.


You could have also made the change in the xml file ahead of time, but I didn't test this.

Yeah, there might be a better way to do it, but that seems to work for me on this revision. You will see in the javascript that there is other parameters being passed and those are the ones that make it so you can see the avatar and other info in your stats.

I am looking forward to another revision of the plug in.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 28 Nov 2008, 00:46
Kaycee123 Kaycee123 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
How long does it take to get approved? I applied 2 days ago and still haven't heard anything - my site has less than 1000 page views per day

Never mind - got approval after 4 days !! Just going to install it
__________________

Last edited by Kaycee123; 29 Nov 2008 at 15:48.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 29 Nov 2008, 17:30
Kaycee123 Kaycee123 is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Installed and working great!!! Thank you very much!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 29 Nov 2008, 23:26
Jaxel Jaxel is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Originally Posted by radmoose View Post
Also, the plug-in looks for the "home" url and on my system that is the root URL and not hte subdirectory that the forum is located in, so I made this one change.

If you already installed it and the avatars are not showing up, in the Plug-In section of vBulletin, "Header: Add Woopra Javascript", edit "parse_templates" and add "forum" or the subdirectory your forum is in before /image.php as seen below.


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.
I have no idea what you are saying here... I dont think image.php works for this if you draw your avatars from files instead of the database.

Last edited by Jaxel; 29 Nov 2008 at 23:56.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 16:32.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: