Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Complete Wordpress/Vbulletin Bridge - Share Users And Postings Details »
Complete Wordpress/Vbulletin Bridge - Share Users And Postings
Mod Version: 4.01.13, by Jafo232 (Coder) Jafo232 is offline
Developer Last Online: Jan 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.1 Rating: (83 votes - 4.40 average) Installs: 1330
Released: 14 Feb 2009 Last Update: 16 Feb 2011 Downloads: 5489
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files  

Identical to this Mod here, but now for the Vbulletin 3.8 line.
DOES NOT WORK FOR Vbulletin 4.x

This version probably no longer works for Wordpress 3.x. I have started developing this product over and have released the NEW version here:

http://www.lampwrights.com/showthread.php?t=41




This mod bridges your Vbulletin users over to Wordpress. You can also use Vbulletin as your comment engine instead of the spammy one built into Wordpress. You can display the comments inline in your post. You need not use the comment feature, if your only interested in sharing users.

You can map your Vbulletin Usergroups to Wordpress Usergroups and those users will then be recognized as registered Wordpress users.

For example, user "Joe" registers at your forum and logs in. Joe then clicks on your Wordpress page. Joe is instantly added to the Wordpress user base with the permissions you set for his usergroup. In otherwords, if a user comes over belonging to the "Registered User" group, you can select that he is placed in the Wordpress "Subscriber" usergroup.

If you change a users group from vbulletin, it will automatically change in Wordpress.

Requirements:
  • DOES NOT and WILL NEVER support Wordpress MU.
  • Wordpress and Vbulletin scripts must reside on the same physical server.
  • Wordpress and Vbulletin must use the same domain name.
  • Stable Wordpress Version greater than or equal to 2.7.
  • DOES work for Vbulletin 3.7.
  • Does work for vBulletin 3.8.
Limitations:
  • Does not work for 4.x. Why? Because VB 4.x does not work for me. If they ever make that product worth a shit, I might support it.
  • Please don't ask if it works for any BETA versions of Vbulletin. I do not know and will not convert this to the latest version of VB (whatever it is at the time you are reading this) until the version is released as non-beta.
  • Does not work with XMLRPC.
  • Chances are, this will not work when VB and Wordpress are located in different sub domains. I.E. forum.yoursite.com - blog.yoursite.com. Cookie issue.
  • I did the best I could in determining your forums file path with the script. There may be certain script setups that cannot find the file path properly, in which case you may get errors that the script cannot find or open /config.php. If this is the case, please HARDCODE your ABSOLUTE path to the forum in vbridge.php.

    To do this find:


    Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
    Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

    And uncomment the last line, and change the path to your forums path:


    Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
    Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Common Mistakes When Installing:
  • Using two different host names causes problems. If your forum URL contains www.yourdomain.com, then your wordpress blog URL MUST contain the www. part of www.yourdomain.com also. This goes for any other host name. Browsers are finnecky when it comes to cookies (as they should be).
  • Editors generally EDIT, not write. In Wordpress, editors don't show up in the post author drop down. This has nothing to do with this plugin, that is Wordpress code.
  • Make sure you DO NOT create a subdirectory for this plugin in the wp-content/plugins directory. Just upload it directly there..
  • If you do not map users before you turn auto-integrate on, the plugin has no idea whether your allowed into the dashboard.
  • If you all of a sudden can't login to the dashboard, see the above two common mistakes.
  • FOLLOW the directions and make a test post first. Being in a rush and not testing will most likely turn out bad for you.
UPDATES:

Changelog is included in download, here is the most recent changes:

3/09/2009
  • Added code to process scheduled posts
  • Addressed code where links and images would not show up properly in VB
  • Added new table called vb_forumid for scheduled posts
  • Reduced redundant calls when dealing with forum excerpts
Sites Using This Plug-In:(PM me if you want to add your site here)

Special Thanks:

axisoverdrive - Debugging Help, Kyraal - Paypal Donation, Kalina - Paypal Donation, Wildcard27 - Paypal Donation, Shri - Paypal Donation, pspcrazy - Paypal Donation, Tomahoochi - Paypal Donation.

If you use this plug-in, and find it useful, please support us by nominating us for Mod Of The Month (MOTM) in the top right corner of this thread, or feel free to donate.

If you do install:

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Integration with vBulletin Complete Wordpress/Vbulletin Bridge - Share Users And Postings Jafo232 Modification Graveyard 1318 24 Mar 2013 17:45
Integration with vBulletin Complete Wordpress/Vbulletin Bridge - Share Users And Postings Jafo232 vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 359 07 Mar 2012 14:18
Integration with vBulletin VBulletin-Wordpress Bridge for 3.64 imranbaig vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 53 22 Mar 2008 16:41

  #976  
Old 13 Jan 2010, 08:19
AndyAA AndyAA is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
And random author wordpress codes work and some dont:

<?php the_author_posts(); ?> works
<?php the_author_firstname(); ?> doesn't
<?php echo the_author_email(); ?> works
<?php the_author_description(); ?> doesn't
<?php the_author_link(); ?> work's
<?php $curauth->description; ?> doesn't

Anyone who knows how to get this author stuff working please hit me up...its the last thing I need to fix on my entire blog!!
Reply With Quote
  #977  
Old 15 Jan 2010, 13:35
caracena caracena is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
Hi all,

I'm having the same problem that AndyAA has but with a twist. I'm trying to make two things work: Show the author's info and also make the comments propperly work becouse it won't get the user's avatar. Also, I have a problem where the author is always the same (from vB DB) no matter which user posts and I have multiple contributors... how an I fix this?

Also, has anyone had any problem with the flash upload system in WP after installing this addon? I had to switch to normal uploader becouse the flash system won't recognize users as logged in when this plugin is active.

Using 2.91 + 3.8.4.

Thanks!
__________________
Cesar Aracena
Reply With Quote
  #978  
Old 16 Jan 2010, 15:31
Tomahoochi Tomahoochi is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I'm having the same "author" issue as mentioned above. I'm currently running WP 2.7 and VB 3.8.1. I can't upgrade until there is a solution t this since the bridge is integral to my site (www.tmrzoo.com). I've been using ver. 3.05 of the bridge for some time now. NONE of my 774 WP users and 1362 VB users have the same userid. After I upgrade, all of the author names are wrong. Any fix for this?
Reply With Quote
  #979  
Old 16 Jan 2010, 19:11
WouterN WouterN is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Originally Posted by AndyAA View Post
And random author wordpress codes work and some dont:

<?php the_author_posts(); ?> works
<?php the_author_firstname(); ?> doesn't
<?php echo the_author_email(); ?> works
<?php the_author_description(); ?> doesn't
<?php the_author_link(); ?> work's
<?php $curauth->description; ?> doesn't

Anyone who knows how to get this author stuff working please hit me up...its the last thing I need to fix on my entire blog!!
You should try passing arguments to the function(s) like the_author_ID()
Reply With Quote
  #980  
Old 17 Jan 2010, 19:36
Stephan Whelan's Avatar
Stephan Whelan Stephan Whelan is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Is this MOD supported anymore as i'm keen to get this working but have run into a few issues that would need the developer to help out with...
__________________
Stephan Whelan
DeeperBlue.com CEO
Reply With Quote
  #981  
Old 18 Jan 2010, 01:10
InfoNirvana InfoNirvana is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
A member active in this thread will do it for a paid service
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=969
Reply With Quote
  #982  
Old 19 Jan 2010, 14:50
Stephan Whelan's Avatar
Stephan Whelan Stephan Whelan is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
InfoNirvana,

Thanks for that. I'll be honest that installing it isn't an issue - it's trying to debug problems. We've got as far as getting it all installed and posts being posted to VB, however when we set it to Auto-Integrate we get the following PHP Error reported in our logs:


Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_userdatabylogin()
__________________
Stephan Whelan
DeeperBlue.com CEO
Reply With Quote
  #983  
Old 19 Jan 2010, 15:06
MadsK MadsK is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Originally Posted by Stephan Whelan View Post
InfoNirvana,

Thanks for that. I'll be honest that installing it isn't an issue - it's trying to debug problems. We've got as far as getting it all installed and posts being posted to VB, however when we set it to Auto-Integrate we get the following PHP Error reported in our logs:


Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_userdatabylogin()
Have you installed the plugin on fresh installs of both WP and VB? Also which versions of the two are you using?
Reply With Quote
  #984  
Old 19 Jan 2010, 15:13
Stephan Whelan's Avatar
Stephan Whelan Stephan Whelan is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
I have - the wordpress install is 2.9.1 and vbulletin is 3.7.6. We've followed instructions (the only tweak we had to do was provide an absolute path to our globals.php file). Everything worked fine up until Auto-Integration.
__________________
Stephan Whelan
DeeperBlue.com CEO
Reply With Quote
  #985  
Old 19 Jan 2010, 15:14
amjadz4's Avatar
amjadz4 amjadz4 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Originally Posted by Stephan Whelan View Post
InfoNirvana,

Thanks for that. I'll be honest that installing it isn't an issue - it's trying to debug problems. We've got as far as getting it all installed and posts being posted to VB, however when we set it to Auto-Integrate we get the following PHP Error reported in our logs:


Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_userdatabylogin()
Originally Posted by Stephan Whelan View Post
I have - the wordpress install is 2.9.1 and vbulletin is 3.7.6. We've followed instructions (the only tweak we had to do was provide an absolute path to our globals.php file). Everything worked fine up until Auto-Integration.

You get this error when you have another plugin conflicting with it. Disable all other plugins and enable just the bridge. When you have it working, then enable the others one by one. If you encounter the same error, you have found the culprit. Sorry to say but you cannot use that plugin along side the bridge due to conflict. Try finding an alternative.
Reply With Quote
  #986  
Old 20 Jan 2010, 18:29
caracena caracena is offline
 
Join Date: May 2006
So far I've got this working. I still have to make a good "About the Author" to go in every article in my WP while fetching everything from vB and to make my WP comments (without using the comments from the forum replies) appear with the user's avatar but I can wait for that.

My problem right now is that the bridge is making IE8 act strange. With this plugin activated, there's like a 150px width blank space to the right of my site so I have a horizontal scroll bar. If I use this bar and scroll to the right, it shows only the page background color without the 100% width background images in the top and bottom. It's like the site's CSS knows where to stop repeating images but the browser thinks that the page is wider. It doesn't happens in Firefox.

Any guesses?

Thanks!
__________________
Cesar Aracena
Reply With Quote
  #987  
Old 21 Jan 2010, 01:04
Quantnet Quantnet is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
What happens to custom usergroups from VBulletin? Do we manually add each user to Editor, Contributor usergroups in WP?
I have a few VB users I like to make Editors and how do I go about this.
Reply With Quote
  #988  
Old 21 Jan 2010, 06:42
SirFalcon SirFalcon is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Bridge works for me.

Currently using:
WordPress 2.9.1 and vBulletin 4.0.1 (the latest version for both software)

Question:
How do you make it display a link back to Wordpress in the vBulletin forums instead of copying the entire blog article?

Last edited by SirFalcon; 21 Jan 2010 at 07:41.
Reply With Quote
  #989  
Old 21 Jan 2010, 08:08
amjadz4's Avatar
amjadz4 amjadz4 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Originally Posted by caracena View Post
So far I've got this working. I still have to make a good "About the Author" to go in every article in my WP while fetching everything from vB and to make my WP comments (without using the comments from the forum replies) appear with the user's avatar but I can wait for that.

My problem right now is that the bridge is making IE8 act strange. With this plugin activated, there's like a 150px width blank space to the right of my site so I have a horizontal scroll bar. If I use this bar and scroll to the right, it shows only the page background color without the 100% width background images in the top and bottom. It's like the site's CSS knows where to stop repeating images but the browser thinks that the page is wider. It doesn't happens in Firefox.

Any guesses?

Thanks!

I have replied to your PM.


Originally Posted by Quantnet View Post
What happens to custom usergroups from VBulletin? Do we manually add each user to Editor, Contributor usergroups in WP?
I have a few VB users I like to make Editors and how do I go about this.
Each vb group can be assigned to each WP group. You can choose for example VIP group in vbulletin to be editors or a group like for example Special Members to any one of the WP user groups

Originally Posted by SirFalcon View Post
Bridge works for me.

Currently using:
WordPress 2.9.1 and vBulletin 4.0.1 (the latest version for both software)

Question:
How do you make it display a link back to Wordpress in the vBulletin forums instead of copying the entire blog article?
In vBridge settings in dashboard look for this:

Excerpt Forum Post?:
No
Yes

If Yes Above How Many Characters In Exceprt: Whole Numbers Only

If Yes Above, Enter Link Text Back To Article:
There you can have a link back to the WP article. Type in something like "Read More"

Last edited by amjadz4; 21 Jan 2010 at 08:14.
Reply With Quote
  #990  
Old 21 Jan 2010, 08:28
Stephan Whelan's Avatar
Stephan Whelan Stephan Whelan is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Thanks amjadz4 - i'll give that a go.

Originally Posted by amjadz4 View Post

You get this error when you have another plugin conflicting with it. Disable all other plugins and enable just the bridge. When you have it working, then enable the others one by one. If you encounter the same error, you have found the culprit. Sorry to say but you cannot use that plugin along side the bridge due to conflict. Try finding an alternative.
__________________
Stephan Whelan
DeeperBlue.com CEO
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:59.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: