Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19 Aug 2004, 17:27

Oh. if thats what you meant, trix, then my apologies
Old 19 Aug 2004, 20:04

Originally Posted by 13th_Disciple
There is nothing at all wrong with Firefox.. great browser, built-in popup blocker, tabbed browsing.. that being said, sp2 for xp implements a lot of those same features in IE.. I am just not one for tied in to the OS apps such as the way Microsoft presents them..

for the free tools, i only use Spybot: Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de - for spyware based problems/popups/etc..

there is also adaware (i think that's the correct name) and a few others.. but i am not very familiar with any of those..
Memory leaks, its not very well intergrated into windows, IE still and always has loaded faster, Firefox also happens to look very bland when it comes to some other things.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 20:22

Isn't the whole point to not be integrated with Windows?
Old 19 Aug 2004, 21:28

Yep, I made this mistake on my first MsgPlus install, there's a screen which looks like a normal install screen, and basically it says do you want to install the sponsors stuff. It's easy enough to clear up. Just install some of the tools highlighted in my article
Old 19 Aug 2004, 21:45

Originally Posted by Zachery
Memory leaks, its not very well intergrated into windows, IE still and always has loaded faster, Firefox also happens to look very bland when it comes to some other things.
Of course IE will load faster then firefox. Because firefox is not tied into the operating system like IE is.

That is the sole reason I do not use IE for browsing anymore, with all the stuff going around now a days I just feel alot better browsing with firefox or anything thats not IE.

I can deal with the extra milla-seconds firefox needs to start up, cause it is faster loading pages and I just like it alot better then IE. Of course if something better came along firefox would be deleted rather quickly.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 09:28

come to think of it, it reminds me of a song i recorded for my webhost, about his IT teacher who taught them web design etc. His website was www.webcoacher.com and my webhost brought www.webcoacher.co.uk and copied his site exactly, yet just made it better which annoyed his teacher as far as threatenin to sue him.

So he wrote some lyrics, i cleaned them up and improved them, and then recorded it

Its a song all bout web design stuff really so you lot might like it, gooooo on give it a listen

www.murderousemcees.com/music.htm Its at the bottom called Real Webcoacher
Rap Battle System -=RBS=-

Tutorials Made :
The Basics Of PHP For Beginners and The Basics Of PHP [Part 2]

Running away from that Thousand Post Mark
Old 20 Aug 2004, 13:33

Originally Posted by Zachery
I have never had issue with memory leaks in firefox.. I do not need OS integration to be able to browse the internet.. I do not care what the browser looks like.. If it has basic functionality, then I am content.. skins, add crap that bloats the program, I can do without all of that..

that's also why i still like lynx for some quick browsing.. it's nice to see information and not the bloat that doesn't need to be there..

so yeah, firefox, imo, is better than IE.. notice the imo bit..
Old 20 Aug 2004, 17:50

I have used Firefox for a while now as well and like it. I upgraded to Firefox 0.9.3 last night and my computer locked up when I tried to log in to my admin CP. No problems with 0.8 though.

AdAware and Spybot S&D are the only two I'll use since more so called spyware removal tools are coming with their own spyware.

Automotive Books, Movies, Games and More!

Last edited by SVTBlackLight01; 20 Aug 2004 at 17:57.