Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 29 Dec 2012, 18:27

Hi kh99,

thx to Replay and help me....

Your Info not Work!

I have a failure in the Config or ?
I use the php in the Sidebar Adden and this work fine! Why nothing Work in a Template? I have Read all howto and change some Codes, all not Work
Old 29 Dec 2012, 22:21

Hi. I am having a problem, i registered two variables which are in the vbtrade_main template, and i want it to see it only in the php page vbtrade.php, but i see it in all pages! The forum also dissapears.

This is the code i put in the
Hook Location with global_bootstrap_init_start

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

What i am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Old 30 Dec 2012, 00:30

Originally Posted by cultd3ad View Post
Hi kh99,

thx to Replay and help me....

Your Info not Work!

I have a failure in the Config or ?
I use the php in the Sidebar Adden and this work fine! Why nothing Work in a Template? I have Read all howto and change some Codes, all not Work
I'm sorry, but I don't understand. I understand that what I posted didn't work, but I don't understand the rest. Did you put that code in a template? It shouldn't go in a template, it needs to go in a plugin.
Old 30 Dec 2012, 00:33

Originally Posted by acast View Post
What i am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

It might only be that you're missing an ob_start() call. If you want to include two files separately, you would need to call ob_start() again after the first call to ob_end_clean().
Old 30 Dec 2012, 09:13

Originally Posted by kh99 View Post
It might only be that you're missing an ob_start() call. If you want to include two files separately, you would need to call ob_start() again after the first call to ob_end_clean().
Still the same with that modification:

It appears in all pages, and the forum dissapears.

The vbtrade_main template:

Old 30 Dec 2012, 13:27

That looks right, but it may have to do with what's in the scripts you're trying to include. For instance if they call exit() or die(), then that may be why the forum is disappearing. (If vbtrade.php is a vbulletin "powered" page that calls print_output() at the end, that would also do it). If that's the case, then maybe you can use an iframe instead.

Also I just noticed that you're including the same file twice - even if it worked, you'd probably get the same output for both.
Old 30 Dec 2012, 13:35

Thumbs up

That looks right, but it may have to do with what's in the scripts you're trying to include. For instance if they call exit() or die(), then that may be why the forum is disappearing. (If vbtrade.php is a vbulletin "powered" page that calls print_output() at the end, that would also do it). If that's the case, then maybe you can use an iframe instead.

Also I just noticed that you're including the same file twice - even if it worked, you'd probably get the same output for both.
The same file twice where?

This is the end of the vbtrade.php

How can i use an iframe? Is a tutorial or something here? I never heard that.

Thanks for your answers!

EDIT: An iframe is a bbcode. Do you mean i don't have to put the code in a new plugin, but in the new bbcode? The same code i put in the plugin?
Old 30 Dec 2012, 13:55

The same file twice where?

Both of your 'require_once' lines have the same file name.

This is the end of the vbtrade.php

How can i use an iframe? Is a tutorial or something here? I never heard that.
iframe is an html tag (you don't need to create a bbocde to use one in a template).

To be honest I'm not sure what you're trying to do. It looks like you're trying to use the method in this article to include output from an external file (vbtrade.php), but you also have a template. What are you using that template for, and what output do you expect from vbtrade.php? And where are you trying to include it?
Old 30 Dec 2012, 14:06

Both of your 'require_once' lines have the same file name.

iframe is an html tag (you don't need to create a bbocde to use one in a template).

To be honest I'm not sure what you're trying to do. It looks like you're trying to use the method in this article to include output from an external file (vbtrade.php), but you also have a template. What are you using that template for, and what output do you expect from vbtrade.php? And where are you trying to include it?
Ok, i'll explain, because perhaps i am wrong.

I am trying to make work a vb3 plugin in vb4, and i see in the template this lines:

And i read that in vb4 you have to register the variables to make it work, so i thought that i have to register the variables stocktable and preview to make it work. Am i wrong?
Old 30 Dec 2012, 14:16

And i read that in vb4 you have to register the variables to make it work, so i thought that i have to register the variables stocktable and preview to make it work. Am i wrong?

So far that all looks OK. Edit: but I guess the issue is, where are those variables coming from?

Last edited by kh99; 30 Dec 2012 at 14:24.
Old 30 Dec 2012, 14:24

So far that all looks OK.
So, i have to make a plugin to register those two variables or what? I am little bit missing right now.
Old 30 Dec 2012, 14:26

Well, right, you'd have to do that in php, which means a plugin or modifying a script. But the issue seems to be where those variables are coming from. The code you posted looks like you're trying to capture the entire output of vbtrade.php into each of those variables, which won't work. But I'm not sure what to tell you to do instead of that.

Edit: I'm thinking now that you don't need this "include external files" thing at all. If you're trying to modify vbtrade.php to work with vb4, then you probably want to edit that script and change the way the templates are rendered.
Old 30 Dec 2012, 16:02

Well, right, you'd have to do that in php, which means a plugin or modifying a script. But the issue seems to be where those variables are coming from. The code you posted looks like you're trying to capture the entire output of vbtrade.php into each of those variables, which won't work. But I'm not sure what to tell you to do instead of that.

Edit: I'm thinking now that you don't need this "include external files" thing at all. If you're trying to modify vbtrade.php to work with vb4, then you probably want to edit that script and change the way the templates are rendered.
You mean the end of my vbtrade.php?

How can i change the way the templates are rendered?
Attached Files
File Type: txt code.txt (26.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by acast; 02 Jan 2013 at 10:54.
Old 30 Dec 2012, 16:10

OK, that's already written for vb4, so it doesn't need to be changed. Sorry, I probably just misunderstood what you're trying to do.

You said you're trying to modify a vb3 plugin for vb4, so you were right, if it involved using variables in a template, you might have to register them. Is your vb3 plugin code calling fetch_template() then eval()?

Edit: OK, I just noticed that the code you posted above from vbtrade.php is rendering the vbtrade_main template and already registers $stocktable and $preview, so I'm lost. What does the plugin do?

Last edited by kh99; 30 Dec 2012 at 16:16.
Old 09 Jan 2013, 13:28

OK, that's already written for vb4, so it doesn't need to be changed. Sorry, I probably just misunderstood what you're trying to do.

You said you're trying to modify a vb3 plugin for vb4, so you were right, if it involved using variables in a template, you might have to register them. Is your vb3 plugin code calling fetch_template() then eval()?

Edit: OK, I just noticed that the code you posted above from vbtrade.php is rendering the vbtrade_main template and already registers $stocktable and $preview, so I'm lost. What does the plugin do?
Sorry for asking again, friend, but i'm still working on this, and there is no way. I still don't understand if i have to register in plugins, the variables that appear in the "if" in the templates, or if it will work because there are registered in the php.