Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 19 Oct 2013, 22:33
madpickle madpickle is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Thumbs down do not buy vB 5.0

I got vB 5.0 and there is no support at all and your ticket never get answer. the program is very very poor almost no adds on special for vB 5.0.5 got nothing at all.
The main thing is after you pay all you get is a middle finger nothing else, do not spend money on this crap vbulletin 5!
  #2  
Old 19 Oct 2013, 23:46
katie hunter's Avatar
katie hunter katie hunter is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Vb 4.x is way better.
  #3  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 00:21
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
And vB 3.8.X is way betternat!
  #4  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 06:12
Simon Lloyd's Avatar
Simon Lloyd Simon Lloyd is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Real name: Simon
To be honest it is marketed as a beta!
__________________
Kind regards,
Simon Microsoft Office Help
My Mods: Find my modifications here
Please do not pm me for support unless i have invited you to!
  #5  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 07:52
WEBDosser's Avatar
WEBDosser WEBDosser is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
It's sad I know but have you seen how many people don't use forums any more, and how hard it is to get members for your forum and then to be able to keep them interested.

They say facebook does not harm forums, well I beg to differ on that one.
  #6  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 08:08
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
I still don't get why people are buying vB5, knowing vB5 is new and has issues, only to get angry when that all turns out to be true. Did anybody read the forums, demo the software on the website or Google it? I know if I ignore bad reviews, I only have myself to blame.
__________________
  #7  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 13:19
crazyboy1661's Avatar
crazyboy1661 crazyboy1661 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I think I am on safe side with 4.2.2 version.

Last edited by crazyboy1661; 21 Oct 2013 at 09:45.
  #8  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 14:38
englishtalk englishtalk is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
I still don't get why people are buying vB5, knowing vB5 is new and has issues, only to get angry when that all turns out to be true. Did anybody read the forums, demo the software on the website or Google it? I know if I ignore bad reviews, I only have myself to blame.
Because if they're selling it, it should be fit for consumption: it should work. This isn't shareware, there should be refunds for anyone with an unfixable problem. They're just begging to be sued.
  #9  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 15:16
shellcode shellcode is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
I've seen far too many open-source projects have really poor documentation, if any at all..

But vbulletin 5 is really very poor than others..

To this day I still hear people complain that Vbulletin 5 has poor documentation.

Tell me guys; why?
  #10  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 15:51
mokujin's Avatar
mokujin mokujin is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Real name: Đạt
I have 2 licenses, 1 vb3 and 1 vb4. but will never buy vb5, let's see in a few years for vb6
__________________
I am on holiday (18 Jan to 14 Feb), so I can't complete your requests in time, sorry guys, hope next time you still hire me. Thanks

PM me for custom paid modifications for your vB3/vB4 forums ...
  #11  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 18:00
shellcode shellcode is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Originally Posted by mokujin View Post
I have 2 licenses, 1 vb3 and 1 vb4. but will never buy vb5, let's see in a few years for vb6
genius lvl 6000+ :P
  #12  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 18:44
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by englishtalk View Post
Because if they're selling it, it should be fit for consumption: it should work. This isn't shareware, there should be refunds for anyone with an unfixable problem. They're just begging to be sued.
If that were the criterion for being able to sue people, then I should be able to sue for every car I've owned. Ever. "Because they're selling" is terrible reasoning for "I should buy it", without doing a shred of research. I check the reviews before I buy a .99 cent app.
__________________
  #13  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 19:40
Max Taxable's Avatar
Max Taxable Max Taxable is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Originally Posted by WEBDosser View Post
It's sad I know but have you seen how many people don't use forums any more, and how hard it is to get members for your forum and then to be able to keep them interested.

They say facebook does not harm forums, well I beg to differ on that one.
It will someday go the way of MySpace though. Might take a little longer due to mobile addiction, but it will.
  #14  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 20:00
Digital Jedi's Avatar
Digital Jedi Digital Jedi is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Mark Daniel Martinez
Originally Posted by Max Taxable View Post
It will someday go the way of MySpace though. Might take a little longer due to mobile addiction, but it will.
Keep in mind, the reason MySpace "went out", as the saying goes, is because MySpace was ultimately a terrible service. The code was dated and slow. Users could customize their pages to the extent that they typically bogged it down with videos and music embeds that slowed it even more. (And was never valid embed code.) And the ability to use custom CSS resulted in some of the most god-awful color combinations you could ever possibly imagine in your worst, fever-induced nightmares.

Add to all that, there was nothing to do there. There was no feed to see what your Friends were doing, and they didn't implement one until years after Facebook made it the standard.


With that said, MySpace is kind of nice now. Not what it was, but kind of nice: https://myspace.com/digitaljedi


Facebook isn't killing forums. They're not going to Facebook for discussion of their favorite niche. They're going for a one stop source of all their niches, friends and family's up-to-date info. If they have an interest in a particular topic, they'll go to those sites. After all, the internet is a big place. If being able to do all the stuff you do on Facebook killed all the other sites that specialize in what Facebook also does, Facebook would be killing the internet. No, people will seek out their favorite topic in spite of Facebook, and they'll visit your forum if they 1) find it in the sea of forums that already cover your topic, 2) have an interest in actually discussion that topic 3) are attracted to the vibe of your forum. Which are the things you had for and against you long before Facebook existed.

What Facebook might be killing, though, is off-topic, general discussion forums. Those were tough to build in the first place. I can't see them thriving in a Facebook world, easily.
__________________
  #15  
Old 20 Oct 2013, 21:12
englishtalk englishtalk is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
If that were the criterion for being able to sue people, then I should be able to sue for every car I've owned. Ever. "Because they're selling" is terrible reasoning for "I should buy it", without doing a shred of research. I check the reviews before I buy a .99 cent app.
Poor logic. "not being right for me" is no reason to sue someone. "Not doing what they said it would do" is a perfect reason to sue someone. If you bought a brand new BMW and found it would only turn left, you could easily and successfully sue. Did you?
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 00:54.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: