Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Is Bot: Registration Time Check Details »
Is Bot: Registration Time Check
Developer Last Online: Jun 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.6.8 Rating: (66 votes - 4.88 average) Installs: 726
Released: 30 Dec 2006 Last Update: Never Downloads: 3426
Not Supported Uses Plugins Template Edits  

This mod calculates the time it takes to go between these two pages:
  • /forum/register.php?do=register
  • /forum/register.php?do=addmember
The point is to try and prevent bots from registering at your forum when the time between the two pages is humanly impossible, assuming that humans actually take the time to complete the registration page.

Should a user be blocked from registering at your forum, an email will be sent to your vB webmasteremail address and the user will see the vB noregister phrase message, so no screenshot is necessary.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 12 Nov 2015, 18:39

Originally Posted by vsd View Post
Any possibility someone can show me how to stop the emails that are being sent with this plug-in. I read in a reply, someone said they did it, but not how exactly.
A search in the thread finds this post - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...3&postcount=50
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 20 Jan 2016, 18:46

I'm observing that apparently GlowHost Spam-O-Matic takes precedence in processing over this mod. I'm getting tons of action on Spam-O-Matic, but I was thinking that "IS BOT" could skim off the first layer using less resources? No emails yet.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 21:47

Originally Posted by oldengine View Post
I'm observing that apparently GlowHost Spam-O-Matic takes precedence in processing over this mod. I'm getting tons of action on Spam-O-Matic, but I was thinking that "IS BOT" could skim off the first layer using less resources? No emails yet.
You should be able to bypass that by changing the execution order of the mod from 5 to a lower number i.e. 1-4 (since that means 1 is first to execute and so on), so long as it's number is lower than that of the execution order assigned to the glowhost plugins.

Search - Use the search feature to find similar issues/answers.
Information - Include screenshots, copy/pasted error codes, url etc.
Fixed - Please return to your thread/post and let us know how it was fixed!
Thanks - For participating! Click the "Like" on a post if someone helped you!
Old 20 Jan 2016, 23:03

Thanks for that info. I had noticed that Spam-O-Matic quit working when IS-BOT is active, so I have uninstalled for now. It's a mess out there!

I have identified two specific bots that do things in a unique way that I can delete them right off manually. I was hoping to get these hacks set up as a 1 - 2 punch!

Still have things to figure out.
Old 08 Oct 2017, 22:09

Does this Mod still work with 4.2.5, and is that Mod where one can rename the register.php to something else a possible problem ? Any help is appreciated.

Wolf