Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
  #1  
Old 05 Aug 2005, 03:25
cyberxp9 cyberxp9 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Hey

How do I uninstall Rpg.. I made a mistake, I upgraded to vbulletin 3.08 before I uninstalled the rpg hack, so how do I uninstall it?
Reply With Quote
Comments
  #2  
Old 05 Aug 2005, 09:57
Revan's Avatar
Revan Revan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Fillip
Run the installer and choose Uninstall.
Also you don't have to uninstall and reinstall every time you upgrade. To re-insert templates and phrases, just run the Repair function.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05 Aug 2005, 21:51
cyberxp9 cyberxp9 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Originally Posted by Revan
Run the installer and choose Uninstall.
Also you don't have to uninstall and reinstall every time you upgrade. To re-insert templates and phrases, just run the Repair function.
how do you do that, and i didnt so the overwrite method of reinstalling so i cant run it... will that repair thing work, if so how do you do it...
Sorry for uninstalling your product, its just that some people didnt like it cause of that long menu and etc...

Originally Posted by cyberxp9
how do you do that, and i didnt so the overwrite method of reinstalling so i cant run it... will that repair thing work, if so how do you do it...
Sorry for uninstalling your product, its just that some people didnt like it cause of that long menu and etc...
well I did run that now its in the Import & Maintenance -> Repair / Optimize Tables
thing right... becaue even though the hack files etc are not there and i reverted style templates there are still things like RPG user name under peoples profiles...
Could I just delete rpg files from phpadmin.. im confused
could you please explain

Last edited by cyberxp9; 05 Aug 2005 at 22:02. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05 Aug 2005, 23:51
Revan's Avatar
Revan Revan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Fillip
I can't explain because I don't understand what you're on about.
Are you telling me something of the RPG stuck behind?
Im having trouble believing this, as I know for a fact it completely uninstalls everything...

And btw, the Uninstall/Repair functions I mentioned are located in /admincp/rpg_install.php. If you have deleted this file, you must reupload it to be able to run it.

Last edited by Revan; 05 Aug 2005 at 23:52. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06 Aug 2005, 07:37
cyberxp9 cyberxp9 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Originally Posted by Revan
I can't explain because I don't understand what you're on about.
Are you telling me something of the RPG stuck behind?
Im having trouble believing this, as I know for a fact it completely uninstalls everything...

And btw, the Uninstall/Repair functions I mentioned are located in /admincp/rpg_install.php. If you have deleted this file, you must reupload it to be able to run it.
I told you I cant run it because I deleted the files, and when I upload the rpg install it it gives errors.. DO i have to upload all the files and hit uninstall...
PROOF http://www.cyberxp9.net/forum/member.php?u=4
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06 Aug 2005, 12:41
Revan's Avatar
Revan Revan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Fillip
First of all, there's no RPG info on that page.
Second, whatever errors you recieve in the RPG installer (except for MySQL errors) also come with a solution presented.
If you have tried to uninstall the RPG without running the Uninstall function, you have messed it up. I do not support methods of uninstall other than the official Uninstall function.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06 Aug 2005, 20:55
cyberxp9 cyberxp9 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Originally Posted by Revan
First of all, there's no RPG info on that page.
Second, whatever errors you recieve in the RPG installer (except for MySQL errors) also come with a solution presented.
If you have tried to uninstall the RPG without running the Uninstall function, you have messed it up. I do not support methods of uninstall other than the official Uninstall function.
there is other information scroll down and see here it is "RPG Name:
Kreg" Well I am asking you a question, if I upload all the files and perform the uninstal will it work? or do i have to redo the php edits
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06 Aug 2005, 21:21
Revan's Avatar
Revan Revan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Fillip
You will also need to re-edit the global.php files.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06 Aug 2005, 22:26
cyberxp9 cyberxp9 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Originally Posted by Revan
You will also need to re-edit the global.php files.
But none others right, (I only have to edit the global things nothing else?) and after I do and uninstall can I change them back to normal?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07 Aug 2005, 02:40
Revan's Avatar
Revan Revan is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Real name: Fillip
Yes and yes.
Why dont you just TRY it before asking again and again? It's not like those edits will permanently fk up your forums, I just don't understand why you need such heavy verification :P
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07 Aug 2005, 05:13
cyberxp9 cyberxp9 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Originally Posted by Revan
Yes and yes.
Why dont you just TRY it before asking again and again? It's not like those edits will permanently fk up your forums, I just don't understand why you need such heavy verification :P
Ok thank you REVAN
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 15:39.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: