Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
AdminCP Firewall ~ Protect your AdminCP! Details »
AdminCP Firewall ~ Protect your AdminCP!
Mod Version: 1.3.3, by liamwli (Coder) liamwli is offline
Developer Last Online: Dec 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (21 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 100
Released: 21 Mar 2013 Last Update: 05 Apr 2013 Downloads: 619
Not Supported Uses Plugins Re-usable Code Translations  

This is a mod I made to increase the security of your forum!

It has the following features:
  • Email alert when an Admin logs into the CP
  • IP Checking for Admins
  • E-Mail if the IP isn't whitelisted
  • Block user access to the AdminCP if the IP isn't whitelisted
  • E-Mail if someone fails an AdminCP login
Those features will allow you to secure your AdminCP - and the only upload required is the product file!

So, what are you waiting for? Install now

Update History
Version 1.3.3:
PHP error should be fixed

Version 1.3.2:
Fixed - PHP error message when logging into AdminCP
Branding Removed

Version 1.3.1:
Fixed - text would be displayed on login failure page if failure email turned off or not from admincp

Version 1.3:
Added - Ability to have an email sent when someone fails an admincp login.
Added - Branding. Sorry! Any donation of 2.50 or more will allow you to remove it

Version 1.2:
Added - Ability to specify IP's as CIDR ranges
Added - Ability to set both IP email and IP deny
Added - IP email will now tell you if any forum members registered using the unauthorized IP
Changed - Updated Admin Help Pages

Version 1.1:
Added - Ability to specify multiple email addresses
Added - Help entries for the admin options
Changed - IP's are separated with a line break now, not a comma.

Mark as Installed if Installed and Nominate for MOTM if you think this mod deserves it!

-----------

Donating

I kindly accept donations for my work. Donating will allow you to remove the branding. You can donate via paypal using the link on the right, or using bitcoin. Please PM me if you wish to donate using bitcoin.

This modification is free to modify and distribute with attribution. I no longer own a vBulletin license.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	cpfirewall_settings.jpg
Views:	1186
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	144258  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Protect AdminCP while Away and Log Ip Address DrkFusion vBulletin 2.x Full Releases 13 25 Jan 2003 16:08

  #31  
Old 25 Mar 2013, 04:29
TheSupportForum TheSupportForum is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Originally Posted by dean3862 View Post
i cant get this to work i added 5 ip s an i get this


Sorry, you don't have permission to access the administrative controls on this page.

If you need to access this page, ask your lead administrator to enable your permissions for this page using the Administrator Permissions section of the control panel.



what do i put between the ips ? to separate ips......
IP address per line
__________________
http://www.multihunters.co.uk - all your coding needs
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 25 Mar 2013, 09:17
liamwli liamwli is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Originally Posted by TheSupportForum View Post
IP address per line
Correct

See FAQ 1 if you can't access the admincp.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 26 Mar 2013, 11:48
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Anyone else seeing this error with v1.2 when logging into the AdminCP?

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions_login.php(377) : eval()'d code on line 78

I only noticed it this morning when logging in from my IPad?

Thanks...

Regards
Doug
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 26 Mar 2013, 12:14
liamwli liamwli is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Anyone else seeing this error with v1.2 when logging into the AdminCP?

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions_login.php(377) : eval()'d code on line 78

I only noticed it this morning when logging in from my IPad?

Thanks...

Regards
Doug
Make sure all user accounts have an IP specified. Check the main admin account mainly.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 26 Mar 2013, 12:57
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Originally Posted by liamwli View Post
Make sure all user accounts have an IP specified. Check the main admin account mainly.
Ok, but what's the point when I as an Admin, could possibly be logging in from various remote random IP addresses? I don't know in advance what they may be?

Are you saying that this mod will always generate HTML errors unless the IP address of the person logging in is always in the mod's data field?

Regards
Doug
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 26 Mar 2013, 15:01
liamwli liamwli is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Ok, but what's the point when I as an Admin, could possibly be logging in from various remote random IP addresses? I don't know in advance what they may be?

Are you saying that this mod will always generate HTML errors unless the IP address of the person logging in is always in the mod's data field?

Regards
Doug
I'm not referring to the mod settings, I'm referring to the user manager. Edit the main admin user and see if there is a value in the IP field.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 26 Mar 2013, 17:05
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Originally Posted by liamwli View Post
I'm not referring to the mod settings, I'm referring to the user manager. Edit the main admin user and see if there is a value in the IP field.


Are you referring to UserId #1 in the users file?

If so, then the registration IP address field for that user is blank...

Regards,
Doug

Last edited by BadgerDog; 26 Mar 2013 at 17:15.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 26 Mar 2013, 17:20
liamwli liamwli is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post


Are you referring to UserId #1 in the users file?

If so, then the registration IP address field for that user is blank...

Regards,
Doug
Yes, I am. Enter a valid value for the registration IP address and the error should vanish :P

127.0.0.1 will do
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 26 Mar 2013, 17:47
BadgerDog BadgerDog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Real name: Doug
Originally Posted by liamwli View Post
Yes, I am. Enter a valid value for the registration IP address and the error should vanish :P

127.0.0.1 will do
Thanks ..

It won't let me put anything in that user ID as it says it's a protected user and it wants me to modify the config.php file ...

Regards,
Doug
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 26 Mar 2013, 22:47
liamwli liamwli is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Thanks ..

It won't let me put anything in that user ID as it says it's a protected user and it wants me to modify the config.php file ...

Regards,
Doug
Security conscious site owners, nice
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 27 Mar 2013, 19:37
TheSupportForum TheSupportForum is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Originally Posted by BadgerDog View Post
Thanks ..

It won't let me put anything in that user ID as it says it's a protected user and it wants me to modify the config.php file ...

Regards,
Doug
in config .php you have set


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

if you remove your UserID and save the file then add your IP address to the correct profile field it will go away

when you have the above option set in config.php you can not change anything
__________________
http://www.multihunters.co.uk - all your coding needs
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04 Apr 2013, 19:16
Gripi Gripi is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Originally Posted by TheSupportForum View Post
with new version i get

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/login.php(119) : eval()'d code on line 4
but testing it, the email does work on sending the correct info

Hello..

I got the same error message, using vb 4.2.0, and latest php stable version, and litespeed webserver.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05 Apr 2013, 12:59
liamwli liamwli is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Originally Posted by Gripi View Post
Hello..

I got the same error message, using vb 4.2.0, and latest php stable version, and litespeed webserver.
I'll look into this further
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 05 Apr 2013, 19:01
liamwli liamwli is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Hey all, I fixed the php error bug
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 05 Apr 2013, 19:17
cjwinternet cjwinternet is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Mod disabled - I don't want yet another link at the bottom of the page, especially one that tells people that there might possibly be another way in to the forum.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:26.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: