Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04 Jun 2010, 08:14

Homework: How many of your users use a device running the Google Android OS?

This is a question that I am fairly interested in, as there is not comprehensive information available about how the operating system has penetrated various demographics.

So you assigned homework is: Create a thread on your forum asking your users if they own a mobile device running the Google Android OS. Then, post a link or PM me a link to that thread on your forum.

The homework is of course optional, but I would appreciate the efforts of those who complete it. (It saves me the effort of trying to find forums which have already created similar polls).

~Tim

Last edited by Attilitus; 04 Jun 2010 at 08:31.
Old 04 Jun 2010, 15:39

My son has a Nexus One. When I have managed to get it away from him and look it over, I've been impressed. He loves it.

Try a search before posting for help. Many users won't, and don't, help if the question has been answered several times before.
W3Schools -
Online vBulletin Manual
If I post some CSS and don't say where it goes, put it in the additional.css template.
I will NOT help via PM (you will be directed to post in the forums for help.)
Old 04 Jun 2010, 16:25

Statistics on OS and browser usage should already be available on various sites.
Old 04 Jun 2010, 17:16

Marco van Herwaarden,

The idea is not to detect traffic coming from the OS, but to survey ownership. I realize this request is a little silly, but I figured I had nothing to lose by asking. (And I am curious as to whether or not information about the infiltration of the Android OS in various demographics can be inferred by the ownership rates of forums catering to different niche communities.)