Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Title Tag Fetcher (Auto Replace URL with Titletag) Details »
Title Tag Fetcher (Auto Replace URL with Titletag)
Mod Version: 1.5c, by exportforce (Coder/Designer) exportforce is offline
Developer Last Online: Jul 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.7.x Rating: (12 votes - 4.67 average) Installs: 85
Released: 31 Aug 2008 Last Update: 01 Sep 2008 Downloads: 643
Not Supported Uses Plugins External Content  

Hi there.

Since I needed a new URL Autotext Generator, I always loved the prework of Jafo232 and his Replace URL's With Page Title.
I just did some modifications on this Mod and for some forseeing mistypings, I also leaned out the checking of the "www" if given.

For those who don't know that mod it's quite simple:
If you post an URL in the Forums, this Mod just loads the <title>XXXXXX</title> out of the linked website.

The title won't be read if the following conditions occur:
  • The linked page simply has no <title>-Tag
  • The page is down or the <title>-Tag is not being found within the first 60 seconds
  • The <title>-Tag is not being found within the first 1000 lines of code.
Installation:
Just import the XML via the ACP and thats all.

Uninstall:
Just kill it out of your ACP.

01.09.2008 Update
Fixed Typo which got us a parse error

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Show Thread Enhancements Replace URL's With Page Title Jafo232 vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 209 26 Mar 2013 17:08
Replace Local Links With Title Jafo232 vBulletin 3.5 Add-ons 90 22 Aug 2007 04:10

Old 12 May 2017, 13:49

Originally Posted by mdawg View Post
Have you made posts? Or threads? New ones I mean? Then try making a QUICK REPLY to the post, within the thread. Then try an Advanced Reply to the post, within the thread.

Issues I had were with PhP 7.0.18 if that makes a difference.
Yes; result below:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 12 May 2017, 14:41

I don't know what your post above means. The URLs just direct me back to my own post within this thread. I meant, have you done that within your own vb4 forum that verifiably is running PhP 7 (such as verified with a phpinfo.pho file) and with this mod running.
Old 12 May 2017, 14:51

It means it does work with PHP 7.1.

He's showing you examples: the notification email shows that he entered URLs and his post above demonstrates that they were converted to titles.
Old 13 May 2017, 02:44

Well for whatever reasons, when I toggle this mod here, and this other mod (Automatic Tagger)
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=459
on and off, my vb 4 php 7 forum has issues, namely that posts made are invisible other than at most the title of a post on an advanced reply, and the issues go away when I disable those two mods.

These are the PhP errors from the error_log :

-May-2017 19:51:40 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /home/*****/public_html/*****.com/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1424
[12-May-2017 19:54:32 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/*****/public_html/*****.com/forums/includes/functions_newpost.php(196) : eval()'d code on line 70
[12-May-2017 19:54:34 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/*****/public_html/*****.com/forums/includes/functions_autotaggerfromcontentandtitle.php on line 85
[12-May-2017 19:56:24 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/*****/public_html/*****.com/forums/includes/functions_newpost.php(196) : eval()'d code on line 68
[12-May-2017 19:56:24 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function split() on line 85 in /home/mdawg/public_html/truepassage.com/forums/includes/functions_autotaggerfromcontentandtitle.php
in /home/mdawg/public_html/truepassage.com/forums/vb/vb.php on line 286
[12-May-2017 19:56:24 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdawg/public_html/truepassage.com/forums/includes/functions_newpost.php(196) : eval()'d code on line 68

Those errors are with both mods running.

With autotagger off, but external title fetcher ON (under php 7):

[12-May-2017 20:08:35 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/*****/public_html/*****.com/forums/includes/functions_newpost.php(196) : eval()'d code on line 68

Last edited by mdawg; 13 May 2017 at 03:17.
Old 13 May 2017, 03:06

Originally Posted by mdawg View Post
Well for whatever reasons, when I toggle this mod here, and this other mod (Automatic Tagger)
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=459
on and off, my vb 4 php 7 forum has issues, namely that posts made are invisible other than at most the title of a post on an advanced reply, and the issues go away when I disable those two mods.
I had conflicts with Automatic Tagger even before vBulletin 4.2.5 and with PHP 5.x.

What happens if you disable that one and keep Title Tag Fetcher installed?
Old 13 May 2017, 03:48

I have tried that yes - disabling AutoTagger but leaving this mod, which is the one I care about more, running, but still posts invisible and this PhP error:

With autotagger off, but external title fetcher ON (under php 7):

[12-May-2017 20:08:35 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/*****/public_html/*****.com/forums/includes/functions_newpost.php(196) : eval()'d code on line 68
Old 13 May 2017, 04:14

You could try editing the plugin from your AdminCP.

This seems to be what it doesn't like (at the very end of the plugin code - PLUGIN not PRODUCT):

No idea if this will work or not but you could try replacing that line with

WARNING: If this breaks your forum and you can't get to your AdminCP, disable hooks so you can edit it back.
Old 13 May 2017, 07:03

Do appreciate the help! but it did not solve anything.

When I switched out that code and tested it with PhP 5.6 running, the mod stopped fetching external titles, and the regular URL posted with no conversion to title.

Same result with PhP 7 running, whether I had the other mod (auto tagger), on or off - posts were no longer invisible, but the regular URL posted with no conversion to title.

i.e. the replaced code did eliminate the weird, invisible post behavior, but it also stopped the external title fetcher from fetching external titles, whether in PhP 5.6 or 7.

Last edited by mdawg; 13 May 2017 at 21:25.
Old 14 May 2017, 22:16

Try that, works for me

replace

to

Old 15 May 2017, 22:19

Very good! thank you. Now the Title Tag Fetcher (Auto Replace URL with Titletag) mod works at my forum running 4.2.5 with PhP 7 enabled, without making posts invisible.

I wonder if you could take a look at this:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...07#post2586407
for the other mod, Automatic Tagger From Message Content and Title - the issue seems to be similar in that the threads/posts are happening, but error codes interrupt the process.