Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Absolute path for vbulletin CSS file Details »
Absolute path for vbulletin CSS file
Developer Last Online: Jul 2011 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.4 Rating: (1 vote - 5.00 average) Installs: 22
Released: 05 Jan 2007 Last Update: 13 Jan 2007 Downloads: 226
Not Supported Uses Plugins  

This hack was coded by me when I got problems when using "Store CSS Stylesheets as Files?" and use hacks that are placed outside of my vbulletin forum root (e.g: vbadvanced). Using "Store CSS Stylesheets as Files?" reduce my bandwidth and load speed so can't miss it (and I think you should not either).

This hack is created 15mins ago for my need, I thought some of you may need it too (many people use vbadvanced) so I decided to post here.

This hack is useless if you have "Store CSS Stylesheets as Files?" option set to No.

Although I think this hack does not need a demo, here is it anyway: http://download.holvn.org

Installations:

there is no queries run, no db changes, no template edit, just upload "Absolute path for vbulletin CSS file.xml" as a new plugin and everything is done. Simple !

CHANGES: 13 - Jan - 2007: fix the problem when using it with vbadvanced cmps. please reupload the plugin to fix.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 02:27

This mod was quite useful for me as well. I have custom headers for some programs that run outside the forum folder and this saved me a lot of time.

-vissa
Old 04 Apr 2011, 19:02

This is exactly what I need, but I need it for vB 3.8.x. I've spent the past hour playing with it, but it seems to make no difference at all. My css, which is stored as a file, still treats URLs as relative, instead of absolute.

Would someone please be so kind and either point me to a link, or tell me how I could edit the plug in?

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.