Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Brown and Red Leather Details »
Brown and Red Leather
Developer Last Online: Jul 2011 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.7.x Rating: (5 votes - 4.60 average) Installs: 36
Released: 10 Jun 2008 Last Update: 10 Jun 2008 Downloads: 385
Not Supported Additional Files  

Hello again, all!

This is a theme I originally created about a year ago with the intention of starting up a site selling themes. However, I found I preferred doing one-off designs for individual clients, so I dropped the idea of selling prepackaged themes.

Anyway, I figured I might as well put this one out there instead of letting it sit useless on my hard drive. I took some time to update for vB version 3.7.1 PL1 and here it is!

It's pretty much a narrow niche theme, as I don't believe this is one anyone would install on, say, a gaming forum, but perhaps it will suit someone's forum subject matter well. 99% of the graphics were created just for this theme, and the editor has been styled to match as well.

The attached screenshots of the theme are shown at a fixed width of 900 pixels. However, I've designed the skin to honor the "Main Table Width (pixels or percentage)" field in the theme's Style Manager. It will work fine at both fixed and fluid widths.

Included are PSDs for the generic logo and buttons.

Installation and Editing Instructions:

Extract the contents of the leather-theme.zip file.

Upload the folder named "rb_leather" which contains the theme's images to your forum's images directory on your web server.

Go to the "Download/Upload Style" section of your Admin Control Panel. Under the "Import Style XML File" section, browse for and import the leather-style.xml file. You may leave the other options at their defaults.

Per above, you can change your forum's width by editing the "Main Table Width (pixels or percentage)" field in the theme's Style Manager. Both fixed and fluid widths will work.

If you'd like to hire me to do additional customization to the theme (logo, additional theme changes, etc.) just send me a PM.

I hope you enjoy it and, if you do, remember to click "Mark as Installed"! If you're feeling particularly generous, a small PayPal donation would be much appreciated.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	forumhome_sample.jpg
Views:	1414
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	82027   Click image for larger version

Name:	showthread_sample.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	82028  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
BP-Brown Sean James vBulletin 3.6 Styles 21 20 Dec 2009 07:03
Smart Brown miner vBulletin 3.6 Styles 23 09 Jan 2009 04:36
Brown Icons Sean James vBulletin Status Icon Sets 0 15 Apr 2007 12:03
BP-Brown Sean James vBulletin 3.5 Styles 32 15 Apr 2007 03:37
Light Brown/Dark Brown Button Set m4yh3m vBulletin Button Sets 3 20 Sep 2005 14:39

Comments
Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:14

I love it, looks great. how about a (fluid or fixed, cant remember which one) that fits the entire page?

edit: can you please explain what this means.

"The attached screenshots of the theme are shown at a fixed width of 900 pixels. However, I've designed the skin to honor the "Main Table Width (pixels or percentage)" field in the theme's Style Manager. It will work fine at both fixed and fluid widths."
Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:18

Originally Posted by jlew24asu View Post
I love it, looks great. how about a (fluid or fixed, cant remember which one) that fits the entire page?
Glad you like it! To make it fill the entire page, just change the "Main Table Width (pixels or percentage)" setting in the style manager for the theme. Change it from 900 to a percentage such as 95% or 100%.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:20

awesome! done. thank you very much.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:23

Glad you got it! For future reference for others who might not be sure how to change it, here is a screenshot of the field you need to change in the Style Manager in the admincp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mtbw.jpg (63.8 KB, 53 views)
Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:28

question. I tried to add a picture in the... Title Image This is the image located in the 'header' template, used as the main logo for your forum. in the style manager but the picture is not showing up. is this blocked?

also....

the buttons seem to be missing.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:34

It looks like none of the images are showing. Double check to make sure you uploaded the "rb_leather" folder to the correct directory on your server. You should upload it to your forum's image directory. For instance, yoursite.com/forum/images/rb_leather/
Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:36

Originally Posted by Brueskie View Post
It looks like none of the images are showing. Double check to make sure you uploaded the "rb_leather" folder to the correct directory on your server. You should upload it to your forum's image directory. For instance, yoursite.com/forum/images/rb_leather/
perfect. works now. thank you. I had it in the /forums directory. thanks for your help and sorry for the stupid questions.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:37

Originally Posted by jlew24asu View Post
o it goes in the /forum/images directory?
Yup!
Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:38

since you've been so helpful. do you mind if I ask how I can center the picture in my header??

awesome skin. this will be my default.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:40

love this skin people!
Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:43

Just a quick note to add that I updated the zip file with properly matted IM icons.
Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:49

jlew24asu, you might want to shrink that logo image down some for this particular theme, as its height is breaking the layout.

As for centering the logo image try replacing the contents of the header template with the following code:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 10 Jun 2008, 13:52

thank you. will do!
Old 10 Jun 2008, 14:31

one more stupid question?

how do I make this my default? (the default blue keep loading first)