Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 19 Oct 2010, 03:28
BlackJacket's Avatar
BlackJacket BlackJacket is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Real name: V
Help putting flash banner below forum category name

Title pretty much explains it all. How do i place a flash banner under the forum category name?

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 19 Oct 2010, 03:43
Ninos Ninos is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
you can put the code in the description of the category
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19 Oct 2010, 04:46
BlackJacket's Avatar
BlackJacket BlackJacket is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Real name: V
Originally Posted by Ninos View Post
you can put the code in the description of the category
That does not work. I already figured out a solution though. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 19 Oct 2010, 13:09
bandare bandare is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
So what is the solution>?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 19 Oct 2010, 14:30
ProFifaLeagues's Avatar
ProFifaLeagues ProFifaLeagues is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Real name: Rob
Putting the code in the description works well for us right the way from vbull 3 upto 4.6

Did you use the correct format

This is how we set them out!
<CENTER><a href="http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm114/COLNILSATIS/?action=view&current=PGLNEWSHEADER.png" target="_blank"><img src="http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm114/COLNILSATIS/PGLNEWSHEADER.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a></CENTER>

So just replace the info with yours and it should be good to go~!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19 Oct 2010, 18:59
BlackJacket's Avatar
BlackJacket BlackJacket is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Real name: V
Originally Posted by rammieone View Post
Putting the code in the description works well for us right the way from vbull 3 upto 4.6

Did you use the correct format

This is how we set them out!
<CENTER><a href="http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm114/COLNILSATIS/?action=view&current=PGLNEWSHEADER.png" target="_blank"><img src="http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm114/COLNILSATIS/PGLNEWSHEADER.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a></CENTER>

So just replace the info with yours and it should be good to go~!
Flash banner. Not a regular, static banner.

The solution was to use an iframe.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19 Oct 2010, 19:13
ProFifaLeagues's Avatar
ProFifaLeagues ProFifaLeagues is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Real name: Rob
Sorry my bad!
But you do know the risks when using Iframes mate????
Not the best thing to have on your site by all accounts to be honest.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 19 Oct 2010, 19:26
BlackJacket's Avatar
BlackJacket BlackJacket is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Real name: V
Originally Posted by rammieone View Post
Sorry my bad!
But you do know the risks when using Iframes mate????
Not the best thing to have on your site by all accounts to be honest.
What risks? There are no security issues to speak of and the only issue i see is a browser that doesn't support iframes.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 19 Oct 2010, 19:35
ProFifaLeagues's Avatar
ProFifaLeagues ProFifaLeagues is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Real name: Rob
Ok mate just trying to help you!
But im sure when someone comes along and injects the iframe you will see why not many ppl use them anymore!
Also i think most Heavy Vbull users would pretty much say the same thing!
Iframes are considered bad practice nowadays, for several reasons:

1. bad for ranking in search engines
2. difficult to bookmark and navigate
3. not included in the latest XHTML 1.0 strict doc type - thus, probably going to be less and less supported

Last edited by ProFifaLeagues; 19 Oct 2010 at 19:40.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 19 Oct 2010, 20:40
BlackJacket's Avatar
BlackJacket BlackJacket is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Real name: V
Originally Posted by rammieone View Post
Ok mate just trying to help you!
But im sure when someone comes along and injects the iframe you will see why not many ppl use them anymore!
Also i think most Heavy Vbull users would pretty much say the same thing!
Iframes are considered bad practice nowadays, for several reasons:

1. bad for ranking in search engines
2. difficult to bookmark and navigate
3. not included in the latest XHTML 1.0 strict doc type - thus, probably going to be less and less supported
Thanks for the info. It's a banner. Nothing to rank or get included into search engines.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:09.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: