Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
Control User Post Font via Profile Options Details »
Control User Post Font via Profile Options
Mod Version: 1.00, by ChU v2 (Member) ChU v2 is offline
Developer Last Online: Oct 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.6.x Rating: (3 votes - 4.67 average) Installs: 33
Released: 06 Apr 2008 Last Update: Never Downloads: 242
Not Supported Template Edits Code Changes Re-usable Code Translations  

This will allow your member's to control their font options like: color, type, size, bold, italic, underline. They can access this by going to their UserCP and selection Edit Options.

Unfortunately without a product, I could not incorporate Usergroup permissions. I tried everything I know. Anyone is more then welcome to introduce some options that could make that work or make a product!

This idea was thought from this modification: here

Refer to the attached text file for instructions.

Please Click Install!

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen3.gif
Views:	514
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	78312  

Show Your Support

  • To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Show Thread Enhancements User Color/Font In Posts Editable Via Profile ShadowOne vBulletin 3.6 Template Modifications 46 26 Mar 2009 04:45

Comments
  #2  
Old 06 Apr 2008, 08:58
iogames's Avatar
iogames iogames is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Real name: Josh Arcadia
Wow! can I talk to u in private?
__________________
. █│║▌│█│║▌║│█║▌│║║█║
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06 Apr 2008, 12:34
Jasem's Avatar
Jasem Jasem is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: www.menokia.com
Wow!, Thank you very much
__________________
games
Forum Nokia
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06 Apr 2008, 12:57
Flamerokz's Avatar
Flamerokz Flamerokz is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Real name: Austin
Thanks! One of my members needed this
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06 Apr 2008, 14:48
BigDog56 BigDog56 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Can't get the color or size to work
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06 Apr 2008, 17:42
ChU v2 ChU v2 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Real name: Nick
Originally Posted by BigDog56 View Post
Can't get the color or size to work

Make sure that you've edited the fieldXX with the correct field numbers.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09 Apr 2008, 18:52
obmob obmob is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
WOW, and this would set a default font, size, color in user posts?

This is a must!
Will test... thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10 Apr 2008, 02:50
M0Dy M0Dy is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12 Apr 2008, 15:35
ChU v2 ChU v2 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Real name: Nick
Your welcome
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12 Apr 2008, 20:43
imported_mindcrime imported_mindcrime is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
I'm having some issue installing this. Where in the template? The postbit for all of the templates that are on the site?

Also, with regard to the fields. I have put them into the code as they are (font face, color, etc.) and still not working.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 14 Apr 2008, 02:06
ChU v2 ChU v2 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Real name: Nick
Originally Posted by imported_mindcrime View Post
I'm having some issue installing this. Where in the template? The postbit for all of the templates that are on the site?

Also, with regard to the fields. I have put them into the code as they are (font face, color, etc.) and still not working.
It says specifically in the instructions where to place the code. You should FIND and ADD BELOW.

Add the code in the right spot and you should be fine.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 14 Apr 2008, 02:28
imported_mindcrime imported_mindcrime is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Originally Posted by ChU v2 View Post
It says specifically in the instructions where to place the code. You should FIND and ADD BELOW.

Add the code in the right spot and you should be fine.
I added it into the legacy postbit as was referred to in shadow's post. The instructions with this mod state edit template but not where.

I put it in presumably where it is supposed to be, however, it is not working. Could you please be more specific for us code-tarded folks. Thanks. Also, can you clarify - the instructions say:

FIND:
<!-- message -->
<div id="post_message_$post[postid]">$post[message]</div>
<!-- / message -->

REPLACE WITH:
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 14 Apr 2008, 10:38
Alfa1's Avatar
Alfa1 Alfa1 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yes, that would be handy!

Searching templates for the code

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

shows two templates that contain this code:
postbit and postbit_legacy

postbit works.

I only want members to be able to set font type, color and italic. The field number for this are:
font type: 23
color: 24
italic : 25

I have color and italic working, but not font type.

My current code is:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please advise.

Does higher / lower case matter when defining fonts?

Last edited by Alfa1; 14 Apr 2008 at 11:18.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 15 Apr 2008, 01:47
ChU v2 ChU v2 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Real name: Nick
Originally Posted by imported_mindcrime View Post
I added it into the legacy postbit as was referred to in shadow's post. The instructions with this mod state edit template but not where.

I put it in presumably where it is supposed to be, however, it is not working. Could you please be more specific for us code-tarded folks. Thanks. Also, can you clarify - the instructions say:

FIND:
<!-- message -->
<div id="post_message_$post[postid]">$post[message]</div>
<!-- / message -->

REPLACE WITH:
I've just downloaded the instructions and it says:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 15 Apr 2008, 01:52
ChU v2 ChU v2 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Real name: Nick
Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
Yes, that would be handy!

Searching templates for the code

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

shows two templates that contain this code:
postbit and postbit_legacy

postbit works.

I only want members to be able to set font type, color and italic. The field number for this are:
font type: 23
color: 24
italic : 25

I have color and italic working, but not font type.

My current code is:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Please advise.

Does higher / lower case matter when defining fonts?
Yes the code shows up in two templates because it depends on which you use Postbit or postbit legacy, this option can be toggled in vBOptions.

As for your problem, the way the code works it HAS to have the the size code in there. my suggestion to is leave the code the way it is and change the font size PX to the desired size you want like so:


Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

OR

You can also still make the profile field, but only make 1 option like 15 or whatever. Then set it to default first option and make it so the member can not edit. The first option might be easier.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:13.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: