Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
DJ's AMEs :: Media Definitions for AME 2.5 :: More Video, Twitter, Pinterest... Details »
DJ's AMEs :: Media Definitions for AME 2.5 :: More Video, Twitter, Pinterest...
Mod Version: 3.0.0, by Digital Jedi (Coder/Designer) Digital Jedi is offline
Developer Last Online: Sep 2019 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (103 votes - 4.88 average) Installs: 1405
Released: 10 Nov 2008 Last Update: 24 Oct 2013 Downloads: 15230
Supported External Content  

NEARLY 300 SUPPORTED SITES FOR VIDEOS, AUDIO, GAMES AND MORE!

This is the most current repository of definitions for DJ's AME :: The Ultimate Automatic Media Embedder. These media definitions will expand your AME to support embedding from hundreds of websites. More videos. More than videos. These definitions will let you embed content from sites that include games, widgets, music players and so much more.

This repository was seeded by contributions from the vBulletin community over several years, but are curated here for easy access. Special thanks to Hotwheels and Danyloski for starting the tradition.

NEWS
DJ's AME 2.5.7 is out! What are you waitin' fer?!

IMPORT
DEFINITIONS ARE NOT INSTALLED They're imported through your AME CP. Which means you have to have AME installed first. You DO NOT import definitions through your Product Manager. I mean, you can try. But I'll make fun of you.

The READ ME file explains in more detail. Please don't skip it. I named it in big letters and everything.

VERSION INFO
These definitions are for AME 2.5.

A BETA set of definitions for AME 3 can be found here.

LIVE DEMO
This is my development area with a lot of test thread. As such, it's not a comprehensive list of all working definitions. You can find that below...

MEDIA DEFINITIONS LIST
The full list of definitions is available in the second post of this thread. Requests for new definitions should be made here (no registration required), rather than in this thread. It makes it easier for me to keep track and to prioritize. Please do not use this area to contact me.
Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

SUPPORT
I can't stress this enough. I NEED LINKS in order to troubleshoot problems. Links to the video. Links to the thread. I can't do anything without knowing what videos are causing the problem. If all you do is post that a particular site is not working and provide me with nothing to look at, well, how can I fix it? Following this simple guideline will save us both a lot of time and effort. (And check the FAQ on the first page. I worked really hard on that one. )

Please note that I do new definition requests in the order they were received and as timely as I can.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide.com.jpg
Views:	2958
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	89191   Click image for larger version

Name:	World Star Hip-Hop.png
Views:	1125
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	109771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Twitter.png
Views:	189
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	143437   Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon Thumb.png
Views:	2747
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	143633  

Name:	screen-pinterest-boards.png
Views:	91
Size:	435.9 KB
ID:	146923   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-pinterest-pins.png
Views:	49
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	146924   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-storify.png
Views:	83
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	146925   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-gamesopoly.png
Views:	60
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	146926  

Name:	screen-google-maps.png
Views:	63
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	146927  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Show Thread Enhancements AME - Auto Media Embedding (youtube, Amazon, google, myspace, etc...) The Geek vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 1469 24 Sep 2015 17:20
Add-On Releases Digital Sith's AMEs - ADULT Media Definitions Digital Sith vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 66 08 Sep 2015 22:44
Add-On Releases DJ's AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML Media Definitions (Third Time's the Charm) Digital Jedi Modification Graveyard 828 10 Mar 2010 05:45
Add-On Releases AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML Releases Dannyloski Modification Graveyard 289 09 Oct 2009 01:33
Add-On Releases AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML's (The Geek) hotwheels Modification Graveyard 66 22 Aug 2009 05:40

Old 18 Dec 2008, 15:30

im having trouble getting the site embedded stuff to work right.... i know we are supposed to edit the site names so im guessing maybe i didnt change everything that was needed.
([http://]*[\w]*[\.]*aggiefans\.[\w/&;%-\.]+\.pdf)
its semi working but all of my pdf files are doing a popup saying invalid pdf URL for every pdf i have. i can see it going to the pdfmenot website trying to do it.
vBContest (college pickem script)

Last edited by aggiefan; 18 Dec 2008 at 15:41.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 16:07

where to download ?

wow nice hack ! but where can i download the latest files ?

regards
Old 18 Dec 2008, 20:39

Originally Posted by aggiefan View Post
im having trouble getting the site embedded stuff to work right.... i know we are supposed to edit the site names so im guessing maybe i didnt change everything that was needed.
([http://]*[\w]*[\.]*aggiefans\.[\w/&;%-\.]+\.pdf)

its semi working but all of my pdf files are doing a popup saying invalid pdf URL for every pdf i have. i can see it going to the pdfmenot website trying to do it.
I get the invalid PDF error very now and again too. PDFMENOT has trouble with certain types of encryption, like PDF files who have their Copy/Paste function disabled. Essentially, if it can't read the file, it can't convert it to flash.

The most common error, however, is failing to put the HTTP:// before the URL. PDFMENOT has to know the full URL to the file.

If that doesn't work, try testing your files at the webiste directly and see if you still get the error: http://www.pdfmenot.com/ Try both upload and entering a URL.

Originally Posted by moon_spell View Post
wow nice hack ! but where can i download the latest files ?

regards
I'm not sure what you mean, these are the latest files. Do you mean AME itself? If so, there's a link at the top of my first post to the modification.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 21:32

Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
I get the invalid PDF error very now and again too. PDFMENOT has trouble with certain types of encryption, like PDF files who have their Copy/Paste function disabled. Essentially, if it can't read the file, it can't convert it to flash.

The most common error, however, is failing to put the HTTP:// before the URL. PDFMENOT has to know the full URL to the file.

If that doesn't work, try testing your files at the webiste directly and see if you still get the error: http://www.pdfmenot.com/ Try both upload and entering a URL.

I'm not sure what you mean, these are the latest files. Do you mean AME itself? If so, there's a link at the top of my first post to the modification.
thanks for the suggestion.... i have the http in there and i did try at the pdfmenot website and it looked fine (tried both ways).

Ill PM you an example of the file im trying to use if you want.... its google analytics reports (we post em for our paid members so they can keep track of our stats)
vBContest (college pickem script)
Old 19 Dec 2008, 08:09

Love it, here's my example hosting my own mp3 from my server, http://www.phototherapy.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14 using VB 3.8. One thing that I noticed though, if you're editing a post, it always changes "ame" in the BB code brackets back to "url" not sure why. Otherwise, hats off to you, the Geek and others! Love it!
Old 19 Dec 2008, 11:30

vBulletin Message

XML Error: No error at Line 0

The error i got while importing the product! What should i do?
Old 19 Dec 2008, 17:53

Originally Posted by rolandogomez View Post
Love it, here's my example hosting my own mp3 from my server, http://www.phototherapy.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14 using VB 3.8. One thing that I noticed though, if you're editing a post, it always changes "ame" in the BB code brackets back to "url" not sure why. Otherwise, hats off to you, the Geek and others! Love it!
The AME tags are just for converting older media tags. Their not required to embed the media, just URL tags.

Originally Posted by Bojeunx View Post
vBulletin Message

XML Error: No error at Line 0

The error i got while importing the product! What should i do?
Where are you getting this error?
Old 19 Dec 2008, 18:26

I believe I've pinpointed the problem with Amazon, and it appears to be an AME 2.5 bug. These definitions should provide the workaround to make them pull the titles and URLs properly. But I would still like some feedback to make sure their working properly.

Remember to change the affiliate ID to yours if you have one.
Attached Files
File Type: xml Amazon (Links).xml (682 Bytes, 11 views)
File Type: xml Amazon (Thumbnails).xml (1.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 19 Dec 2008, 19:53

alright DJ, i might make a few posts here while i test the new amazon stuff. first impression is great, links seem to be parsing properly, even with a bunch of chaff after the ASIN number.

however, i am trying another link that has already been affiliate'ed, and its giving confusing results:

http://www.amazon.com/Kitchens-India...g=thefulmai-20

there are two ?tag fields there, the one where i got the link (slickdeals) and my site is tacked on the very end there.

the above is on the amazon (thumbnails) XML

*edit* also just noticed that with a link from amazon that already has an affiliate tag in it is displaying the thumbnail properly. however, if i navigate to amazon.com, and randomly select an item, no thumbnail is displayed, only the link and the title. (hope that made sense)

i am about to test out the amazon(links)
Old 19 Dec 2008, 20:02

okay, amazon(links).xml is doing the same thing, its leaving two affiliate tags in the link, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8N082-...g=thefulmai-20
Old 20 Dec 2008, 04:09

Originally Posted by boandmichele View Post
*edit* also just noticed that with a link from amazon that already has an affiliate tag in it is displaying the thumbnail properly. however, if i navigate to amazon.com, and randomly select an item, no thumbnail is displayed, only the link and the title. (hope that made sense)
Some Amazon products don't have a corresponding thumbnail.

okay, amazon(links).xml is doing the same thing, its leaving two affiliate tags in the link, like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8N082-...g=thefulmai-20
It's a peculiarity in 2.5, as the ID is stripped out in 2.0. The only solution I can offer at this point is to remove the other affiliate ID before posting.
Old 20 Dec 2008, 18:52

Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
Some Amazon products don't have a corresponding thumbnail.

It's a peculiarity in 2.5, as the ID is stripped out in 2.0. The only solution I can offer at this point is to remove the other affiliate ID before posting.
and thats just fine, i really appreciate you looking into it. would it be advantageous for me to switch back to 2.0?
Old 20 Dec 2008, 20:37

and thats just fine, i really appreciate you looking into it. would it be advantageous for me to switch back to 2.0?
You would loose the resizing functionality of 2.5, and you'd have to import the other definition set. Depends on which you find is the bigger hassle.

Looks like I have a misplaced ID in Thumbnails definition. It's in the title when it should be in the a href.
Old 22 Dec 2008, 08:07

Any chance on geting a def for this site?

Sample:
http://mbl.is/mm/frettir/erlent/2008...ir_ut_i_nokia/
Old 25 Dec 2008, 02:23

Originally Posted by Geiri View Post
Any chance on geting a def for this site?

Sample:
http://mbl.is/mm/frettir/erlent/2008...ir_ut_i_nokia/
What would like embedded? I can't find any type of media on the site other then front page video. Is there's a video section I'm overlooking? Or maybe your looking to embed the Podcasts?