Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Old 28 Jun 2006, 16:00

The official release of v1.5.7 will fix the compatibility issue with vbPortal.

It should be released by the end of the week.

-CMX
Old 30 Jun 2006, 04:40

We at phpPortals appreciate the compatibility fix, there are a lot of our users that would like to use this addon.

If not done in this new version, I would suggest that a future version be worked out eliminating the 'vbp_ ' (vbportal) prefix altogether as there are still potential future problems.

The 'vbp_' prefix has been in use for 4 or 5 years and many hacks have been created, as will be the case in the future. The likely hood that someone creating a new table using that prefix is very high and it could cause another compatibility issue.

We would be very happy to help you with this if needed, just drop me a message using the contact us link at phpPortals.com or PM me there or here.
Old 03 Jul 2006, 22:17

<snip>
15) vbp_X tables are renamed to vbplaza_X so it will not conflict with vbPortal anymore.

I am sure this will make many people very happy, the effort you put to this hack and especially this big change after the last from the unfortunate first choice in the eNameS is and will be appreciated greatly by vbPortal members who should now be able to run both vbportal and vbBux/vbPlaza with confidence of no future potential mysql clashes, and will also save the staff and supporters of both these excellent products many future headaches and headscratching.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 17:53

Does this work with vbulletin 3.6.4 AND vbportal 3.6.2?

I installed it, and things look normal, however my quick reply now times out when users try to post. The posts get sent to the appropriate forum, but you have to cancel and refresh your browser after each quick reply. This happened immediately after installation.

Ideas appreciated?

Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Moderators Functions Force Users to Read a Thread Abe1 vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 638 27 Jul 2014 11:17