Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Black and Gold 3.5 Details »
Black and Gold 3.5
Developer Last Online: Oct 2014 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

This modification is in the archives.
vB Version: 3.5.4 Rating: (5 votes - 5.00 average) Installs: 170
Released: 29 Sep 2005 Last Update: 05 Mar 2006 Downloads: 204
Not Supported Additional Files  

As promised I have ported over my popular Black and Gold style from vB 3.0.X to vB 3.5 and I have also made some minor changes to it. I received a lot of requests to apply the category spacing modification to the old version; however, due to time constraints I was never able to get that completed but have included it with this release (If you would like a version without this please let me know and I can release it as well.) I also modified a few of the images but the majority of them remain the same as in the previous version.

As always please let me know of any issues with the style - I tested it pretty thoroughly and wasn't able to find anything out of place but I have missed things before.

Update 3/05/2006 Version 1.50
* Updated the .XML file for vBulletin 3.5.4.
* Added reworked status icons for the threads courtesy of dvsDave.

Update 11/20/2005 Version 1.40
* Updated the .XML file for vBulletin 3.5.1.
* Current users need just revert the two templates that changed since 3.5.1.

Update 10/24/2005 Version 1.30
* Added new IM icons created by Lecter - No changes made to the XML file.

Update 10/08/2005 Version 1.20
* Fixed display problem when using outer table widths of anything other than 100%
* Modified "forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost" template.

Update 9/29/2005 Version 1.10
* Added "attach.gif" and "spelling.gif" to the "/images/bgold/editor/" directory.
* Added matching subforum status icons.
* Modified "forumhome_forumbit_level1_post" template.

Live Demo: Click Here
Column Alignment Fix: Click Here
Installation Instructions: Click Here

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	forum_home.gif
Views:	5837
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	34923   Click image for larger version

Name:	forum_view.gif
Views:	2450
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	34924   Click image for larger version

Name:	show_thread.gif
Views:	1667
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	34925  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Black and Gold 3.6 Andrew vBulletin 3.6 Styles 167 23 Nov 2014 00:01
Red 2 Black (v3.5 Gold) RMS-Chef vBulletin 3.5 Styles 158 11 Jan 2013 04:36
Web 2.0 black Status Icons - black matted egtrix vBulletin Status Icon Sets 15 24 Sep 2009 08:40
Black and Gold Style Andrew vBulletin 3.0 Styles 91 13 Apr 2006 16:49

Old 23 Oct 2005, 20:46

Arrow Updated online icons

Originally Posted by Andrew
Sorry mate - Been swamped with clients recently and haven't had much time for my styles. I'll try and get a new set uploaded this weekend - Will send you a PM when I do.
Well, I'm not particularly good at this type of stuff, but I gave it a try. I don't know that they are perfect, but they look a bit better on the black background to me.

Until Andrew's schedule opens up, I'm attaching these on the chance they are useful for you guys.

Please let me know if there are problems, and I will look into them.

Lecter
Attached Images
File Type: gif im_aim.gif (596 Bytes, 298 views)
File Type: gif im_icq.gif (1.0 KB, 297 views)
File Type: gif im_msn.gif (617 Bytes, 296 views)
File Type: gif im_yahoo.gif (619 Bytes, 295 views)
Old 23 Oct 2005, 23:47

Originally Posted by rb290
Right now I have everything on my skin but when I install a new skin the hacks arent there
how do you make a new skin your default skin with same template settings and same hacks
You will need to run the installers for the hacks again to reinstall the templates - Most hacks include a feature in the installer to only install them. You can also just copy and paste the code from the old templates into new templates in the Black and Gold style - However, I think the first method I suggested would be easier.
Old 23 Oct 2005, 23:48

Originally Posted by Lecter
Well, I'm not particularly good at this type of stuff, but I gave it a try. I don't know that they are perfect, but they look a bit better on the black background to me.

Until Andrew's schedule opens up, I'm attaching these on the chance they are useful for you guys.

Please let me know if there are problems, and I will look into them.

Lecter
Thanks mate - I'll add them to the .ZIP file for the style and add you as a contributor tomorrow from work. Sorry about the lack of support recently, but between both of my jobs and school I haven't had much free time.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 07:17

Smile

Thanks mate - I'll add them to the .ZIP file for the style and add you as a contributor tomorrow from work. Sorry about the lack of support recently, but between both of my jobs and school I haven't had much free time.
My pleasure. Let me know if I should work on any other graphics.

Lecter
Old 27 Oct 2005, 02:37

I downloaded and installed your style and I love it, but it seems to be missing some images.

/misc/ tile_back.gif
/misc/ tile_back_left.gif
/misc/ ftile_back_left.gif
/misc/ tile_back_right.gif
/misc/ ftile_back_right.gif
/misc/left_middle.gif
/misc/left_bottom.gif
/misc/right_middle.gif
/misc/right_bottom.gif
/misc/right_top.gif
/misc/spacer.gif

Can you provide them?

Last edited by Holidazed; 27 Oct 2005 at 02:45.
Old 27 Oct 2005, 16:59

Yeah - I'll take a look and see what they are and how I missed that many images. On what page did you notice they were missing ?
Old 27 Oct 2005, 17:05

Yeah - I'll take a look and see what they are and how I missed that many images. On what page did you notice they were missing ?
On every page. If you goto my website at http://www.dungeonkeepersdomain.com and be sure to use internet explorer, you will see for yourself.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 17:48

Originally Posted by bitg
On every page. If you goto my website at http://www.dungeonkeepersdomain.com and be sure to use internet explorer, you will see for yourself.
Any luck gettings these images? If you have a site that is using this style, I can get the images for myself.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 02:17

I'm having a huge problem.
I'm using it with phpportal. When guests view the forum home page, the forums don't allow the column on the left and drops all the way to the bottom of the page.
It works fine for people that are logged in.

Edit: I think it may have something to do with some of my forums being members only and this theme adding the private column which makes it wider.
Is there anyway to fix it?

Last edited by JGNYC; 30 Oct 2005 at 02:24.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 04:33

Originally Posted by JGNYC
I'm having a huge problem.
I'm using it with phpportal. When guests view the forum home page, the forums don't allow the column on the left and drops all the way to the bottom of the page.
It works fine for people that are logged in.

Edit: I think it may have something to do with some of my forums being members only and this theme adding the private column which makes it wider.
Is there anyway to fix it?
You most likely will need the change the column span values in the forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost template (I think that's the right one but I'm not 100% sure on that.) It is only set to allow 5 or 6 columns wide at the moment (It varies because of the moderator column) - I think you'll need to use another conditional in that location to allow it to be 5, 6, or 7 columns wide.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 04:38

Originally Posted by bitg
Any luck gettings these images? If you have a site that is using this style, I can get the images for myself.
Sorry for not responding to you about that - I checked the source files for my style and the images/misc directory from a fresh vBulletin 3.5.0 installation and those images don't exist in either one. I would try removing and reinstalling the style and see if that fixes the problem - Otherwise I'm at a complete loss as to why it would be looking for those images unless they are for a hack or mod you've installed.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 04:48

You most likely will need the change the column span values in the forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost template (I think that's the right one but I'm not 100% sure on that.) It is only set to allow 5 or 6 columns wide at the moment (It varies because of the moderator column) - I think you'll need to use another conditional in that location to allow it to be 5, 6, or 7 columns wide.
I'm not totally following.
I'm in there now, do I just change a #? Or do I have to add a whole new line (which I don't know how to do)
Old 30 Oct 2005, 04:57

I think I was wrong about the width thing because nothing is really added when someone logs out.
It just appears that the forum is too large to fit so it is knocked down below the blocks on the left.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 13:06

Originally Posted by JGNYC
I think I was wrong about the width thing because nothing is really added when someone logs out.
It just appears that the forum is too large to fit so it is knocked down below the blocks on the left.
Can you PM me the link to your forums - It's really hard to diagnose a problem like this without being able to see it first hand. Odds are if I can see the problem I can rework a template that should work for you.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 13:11

Can you PM me the link to your forums - It's really hard to diagnose a problem like this without being able to see it first hand. Odds are if I can see the problem I can rework a template that should work for you.
PM Sent. Thank you.