Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
Flashchat 4: Who is chatting (Add On) Details »
Flashchat 4: Who is chatting (Add On)
Developer Last Online: Jun 2013 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 3.8.x Rating: (0 vote - 0 average) Installs: 33
Released: 20 Feb 2009 Last Update: Never Downloads: 157
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files Re-usable Code Translations  

Please click Mark as Installed if you are using this hack.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This hack has now been discontinued - this means that while it will remain available for download and use, there will be no further updates as this thread is no longer monitored. I am also not interested in doing paid work requests to update this hack at all.

IMPORTANT NOTICE 2: This hack only works with FlashChat 4.7.12, and will not work with FlashChat 5.x.x.
There is version of this hack that will work with FlashChat 5.x.x and later versions, and can be downloaded here.

What Does This Hack Do?

This is an add-on/enhancement to Paul M's Flashchat: Who is chatting hack.
This is the v3.8 port of my v3.7.x hack with extra 10 extra display locations, and enabling display locations per usergroup via usergroup permissions (no longer centrally, so allowing extra flexability).

What hacks need installing before installing this hack?
These hacks need to be installed in this order and working correctly, for this hack to work.
  1. Tufat's FlashChat v4.7.12
  2. Paul M's Flashchat 4 Integration for vB 3.8 v3.8.001
  3. Paul M's Members who are chatting in Flashchat 4 v3.8.001
  4. Then install this hack.

This does not change the functionality of Paul M's hack, this is just an enhancement to your installed version of Flashchat: Who is chatting.

The members on my forum requested that the Members currently using Flashchat box be moved to the top of the forums as it was a long way to scroll down to see who was chatting, at the top members could see who was chatting.

As members had to enter the chat or visit the forum homepage again to see who was chatting, I fixed it so that my members could also see who was chatting as they browsed the various forums and threads as well as on the who is online pages.

Paul M's has kindly given me permission to use some of his code in my Who is chatting add-on hacks.

Thank you Paul, for all your work on the Flashchat integration, it makes all our lives easier

What You Get
  1. It displays the chat list under the navbar in the following locations:
    • Forum Home
    • Forum Display
    • Show Thread
    • Who is Online
    • Members Profile pages
    • Search pages
    • Tag Search
    • Social Groups
    • Calendars
    • FAQ
    • Albums
    • User Profile
    • UserCP
    • Private Messages
    • Subscriptions
    • Members List
  2. The list view is collapsible, so you see just the number.
  3. Users who should display as coloured or bold etc are displayed correctly (based on the display usergroup)
  4. If you 'hover' over a username it will show the room they are chatting in and their status (away etc).
  5. If the chat is empty, a simple "No one is currently using the chat." message is displayed.
  6. Display the Most Ever chatters if enabled.
  7. The ability to turn it on/off is in the AdminCP Options (independent of Paul M's hack).
  8. The ability to select which locations this hack is displayed (independent of Paul M's hack).
  9. The ability to allow only certain usergroups to view the list (again, independent of Paul M's hack).
Note: This hack cannot display any bots in the chat, due to the strange way that FlashChat stores this information.

vBulletin Version Compatibility

This hack can only be used with v3.8.0 and later versions.

For the unsupported v3.7.x version of this hack - check here. For the unsupported v3.6.x version of this hack - check here. For the unsupported v3.5.x version of this hack - check here.

NOTE: I will not be upgrading this hack to vBulletin v4.0.x.

Install/Uninstall Instructions

The InstallInstructions.txt instructions file is included in attached .zip file.

Screenshots

Show in this order:
  • Who is Chatting box
  • AdminCP options
  • Usergroup permissions

Version History

v3.8.001 - Friday 20th February 2009
-- Initial/final vBulletin v3.8.x Release
-- Changed: Installation Instructions (now has uninstall instructions)
-- Added: VersionHistory.txt
-- Added: 17 Phrases
-- Added: 1 bitfield file
-- Removed: 1 plugin (no longer needed)
-- Removed: 7 AdminCP Options (no longer needed, now set via usergroup permissions)

Thanks

Thanks go out to Paul M who gave me permission to use some of his install code.

Show Your Appreciation

Although not required, if you have enjoyed the benefits of this hack, and would like show your appreciation for my efforts, then please feel free to click on the Support Developer link and donate any amount you feel is appropriate.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	195
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	95221   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.png
Views:	166
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	95222   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot3.png
Views:	170
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	95223  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Chat Modifications Flashchat 5: Who is chatting (Add On) Mosh vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 60 08 Jan 2011 03:23
Forum Home Enhancements Who is chatting (for Flashchat) Paul M Modification Graveyard 344 15 Oct 2009 20:32
Chat Modifications Flashchat: Who is chatting Paul M Modification Graveyard 91 13 Aug 2009 11:57
Add-On Releases Flashchat: Who is chatting (Add On) Mosh vBulletin 3.7 Add-ons 65 14 Jan 2009 21:33
Flashchat: Who is chatting Paul M Modification Graveyard 265 15 Nov 2006 14:26

Comments
Old 24 Feb 2009, 19:37

I get his error when using usergroup manager after installing this hack:

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'ms_wic_addon_permissions' in 'field list'
Error Number : 1054
Old 24 Feb 2009, 20:04

I am still receiving this error after uninstalling it, so now my usergroup manager is useless.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 20:21

Originally Posted by Locutus2999 View Post
I am still receiving this error after uninstalling it, so now my usergroup manager is useless.
You have the wrong bitfield file uploaded - it looks like you uploaded the bitfield file for my flashchat 5 hack and not flashchat 4 one.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 20:24

Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
You have the wrong bitfield file uploaded - it looks like you uploaded the bitfield for my flashchat 5 hack and not flashchat 4 one.
I dont think so, but regardless, how can I get this back to a clean state so the usergroup manager will work?

I did delete the xml file.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 20:31

I dont think so, but regardless, how can I get this back to a clean state so the usergroup manager will work?

I did delete the xml file.
I am sorry, but you did, as this hack adds the following column to the usergroup table - ms_wic4_addon_permissions and uses this bitfield file - bitfield_ms_wic4_addon.xml

Now my flashchat 5 hack adds the following column to the usergroup table - ms_wic_addon_permissions and uses this bitfield file - bitfield_ms_wic_addon.xml, so you need to delete the bitfield_ms_wic_addon.xml file as well.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 20:36

I had FC5 installed right before I installed FC4, so it looks like I didnt unistall that correctly before installing the FC4 addon.

Thanks.
Old 24 Feb 2009, 20:39

I had FC5 installed right before I installed FC4, so it looks like I didnt unistall that correctly before installing the FC4 addon.

Thanks.
No worries
Old 06 Mar 2009, 09:40

Hey, I just installed this, and it works fine with one exeption.
When I change the permissions in the usergroup manager, All the fields automatically reset to 'No', but creates a copy of the usergroup with the fields set to 'Yes'

Meaning I need to also be a part of that copy to view this hack.

What's happening?
Old 07 Mar 2009, 05:53

Originally Posted by Bloodhound2922 View Post
Hey, I just installed this, and it works fine with one exeption.
When I change the permissions in the usergroup manager, All the fields automatically reset to 'No', but creates a copy of the usergroup with the fields set to 'Yes'

Meaning I need to also be a part of that copy to view this hack.

What's happening?
No idea, it has nothing to do with this hack though, as it only alters the permissions of the column that was added to the usergroup table with this hack, and does not create new usergroups. It is not actually possible to do that with this hack, and all my v3.8.x hacks that have usergroup permissions (14 of them) do the permissions in the same way (between them they are installed on 100s of sites), and not one of them have this problem. vBulletin deals with usergroup permissions the same way I do, so it has to be another hack that is doing it.

BTW, which version of this hack do you have installed? as you posted in both the Flashchat 5 thread and this one.
Old 07 Mar 2009, 22:17

Looks good but would be even better if it could be shown in a module.
Jim - Webadmin 3:33am Paranormal Research - History will always repeat itself but sometimes the past never leave
vb4.x Email Reminders for Inactive Users, Add Mass Child Forums for vb3.8.6 & vb4.1.2
Old 10 Mar 2009, 02:47

I installed this hack as explained here, and everything shows up as supposed to, with the exception of those permissions.

Here is what the Administrator usergroup permissions look like after I have chosen the permissions, and BEFORE I have pressed Update:

This is what it looks like after I press Update:

This is what the Usergroup Manager page looks like after I have set the permissions:

This is the permissions of the new 'administrator' usergroup

And I originally installed the v.5 version, but then uninstalled that when I realised that I only had chat version 4. Please disregard that post.

Last edited by Bloodhound2922; 10 Mar 2009 at 02:55.
Old 10 Mar 2009, 06:42

I installed this hack as explained here, and everything shows up as supposed to, with the exception of those permissions.

Here is what the Administrator usergroup permissions look like after I have chosen the permissions, and BEFORE I have pressed Update:

This is what it looks like after I press Update:

This is what the Usergroup Manager page looks like after I have set the permissions:

This is the permissions of the new 'administrator' usergroup

And I originally installed the v.5 version, but then uninstalled that when I realised that I only had chat version 4. Please disregard that post.
As I said in my previous reply, I do not have any idea what is causing it, but I do know that there is no way this hack can be causing the problem, as it it just affects the ms_wic4_addon_permissions column which is added to the Usergroup table by this hack (no vBulletin usergroup permissions are touched at all). There is no code in my hack that can cause a usergroup to be replicated/duplicated/copied. So, something else must be causing it.

I have even installed/uninstalled this hack again a couple of times on two installations and could not recreate the problem you are having.

As I can not recreate this problem, the only other option is that I am going to have to look at your installation.

If you want me to take a look then feel free to PM me your site address, a temp admin user (with admin permissions - Can Administer Settings for editing options, Can Administer Styles for editing templates, Can Administer Language Settings for editing phrases, Can Administer User Permissions to edit usergroups and finally Can Administer Plugins for editing products and plugins), and ftp access details, without these I can not help you. I will look when I have time, and even if I have a look, I can not guarantee that I will be able to fix it, so it is up to you what you want to do. You can revoke these after I have helped you out.

Let me know what you decide.

There is nothing else I can do or suggest to help.

Last edited by Mosh; 17 Mar 2009 at 22:24. Reason: Offer withdrawn, after a suitable amount of time, there is nothing more I can do to help
Old 11 Mar 2009, 00:06

I have just tried to change the colour of a certain usergroup, and the same thing happened, which shows that it is something not related to your hack. I will submit a support ticket to vB, and if they can't resolve it, I'll probably have you take a look at it.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 00:27

I have just tried to change the colour of a certain usergroup, and the same thing happened, which shows that it is something not related to your hack. I will submit a support ticket to vB, and if they can't resolve it, I'll probably have you take a look at it.
My offer to look at your installation is in regards to this hack only, as anything could be causing your problem, and I have only limited time to provide support because I work full time and also study full time at university. If I determine this hack is not causing the issue, then you will have to have rely on vb.com helping you out via the support ticket you lodge with them.