Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
AME3 - Auto Media Embeding and Video Extender Details »
AME3 - Auto Media Embeding and Video Extender
Developer Last Online: May 2015 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.0 Rating: (97 votes - 4.72 average) Installs: 1361
Released: 21 Dec 2009 Last Update: 17 Jan 2010 Downloads: 10171
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files External Content  

From the makers of Smooth and Jazz comes the singing sensation my mom has been waiting months for:

AME3. Bigger. Badder. Bestest.

NOTE ABOUT vB4.0.3: ------------------------------------------------------------

vBulletin 4.0.3 has changed the way video codes are handled and in the process, inadvertently broke AME3. I have submitted a bug report and believe that the issue will be quickly resolved. There is a manual fix you can apply for 4.0.3 here in the interim.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AME3 is the sequel to the multi award winning AME 1x and AME 2x systems. AME3. This time, its different.
AME3 does 3 things:
  • It allows users to simply paste URLs into their message without having to use the video bbcode or video popup box.
  • It allows you to add, edit and customise the video definitions that ship with vB4
  • It allows you to import community created definitions to extend the system in ways you otherwise couldn't.
Now you can use AME anywhere you can use video bbcode: posts, blogs, visitor messages, the CMS, etc...

Note that I am releasing this early for beta testing and general feedback. There is currently a bug in RC2, RC4 and 4.0.0 that will prevent AME from working however there is a workaround posted below.

I have written a pretty comprehensive readme and attached it seperatly to this post. I suspect both this post and the readme will get updated as AME3 becomes finalised.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	wysiwyg.jpg
Views:	11384
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	107851   Click image for larger version

Name:	postbit.jpg
Views:	9152
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	107852  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Add-On Releases Digital Sith's AMEs - ADULT Media Definitions Digital Sith vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 66 08 Sep 2015 23:44
Add-On Releases DJ's AME (Auto Media Embedding) XML Media Definitions (Third Time's the Charm) Digital Jedi Modification Graveyard 828 10 Mar 2010 06:45

Old 22 Dec 2009, 03:18

I may not be able to install 4.0 for a while, but that doesn't mean I can't develop definitions. I just won't be able to test them personally. What do I need to know that makes defs different in AME 3?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 08:37

Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Because in vb4, AME uses vbs new [video] tag, the old [ame] tags will become redundant. Because of this and many internal changes, the upgrade path will actually look like:

1- uninstall AME2.x but leave the [ame] tags intact
2- install AME3
3- Run conversion tool which will convert ame tags into video tags.
Well, I'll ask my question here, it's a new version, it may be more appropriate in this thread...

In what step do we upgrade vB4? Before step 1, or before step 2?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 09:40

Originally Posted by Digital Jedi View Post
I may not be able to install 4.0 for a while, but that doesn't mean I can't develop definitions. I just won't be able to test them personally. What do I need to know that makes defs different in AME 3?
You won't have any problems updating most of your definitions - however because its vB doing the actual processing, there are some limitations to what can no be converted. Basically 1 parameter. Ill whip up some info and put it in the readme once I get it updated for gold.

Originally Posted by Alan_SP View Post
Well, I'll ask my question here, it's a new version, it may be more appropriate in this thread...

In what step do we upgrade vB4? Before step 1, or before step 2?
You can upgrade vB4 first or uninstall AME2x first. Remember though that if you upgrade vb4 first AME2x isn't compatible with vB4 so you will have to disable it AME untill it is uninstalled.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 11:46

Simple question, how does it deal with old posts with Video URLs ? Is there something I could do to parse them properly ?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 12:02

when update file cache

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

and this when i rebuild post

Old 22 Dec 2009, 12:35

I have updated the pacakge to beta 2.

This version fixes a few issues with vB4 gold that was released yesterday and a few additional bugs users have noticed during the beta test.

I have verified that the bad hook bug mentioned in the first post still exists I have included a safety check in ame's admincp to make sure users have removed it.

Again, thanks for the help in beta testing!

Change Log
Old 22 Dec 2009, 12:36

Originally Posted by Leo Brazil View Post
Simple question, how does it deal with old posts with Video URLs ? Is there something I could do to parse them properly ?
What video codes are those? Old AME codes or another video code system?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 13:03

After uninstalling this modification, the default video-Tag doesn't work any longer...
Any idea how to solve this?

//edit:
It was probably a mistake from my side... I'm able to clarify it later, so I'll revert if the bug still appears!

Last edited by pozo; 22 Dec 2009 at 14:37.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 13:21

Originally Posted by pozo View Post
After uninstalling this modification, the default video-Tag doesn't work any longer...
Any idea how to solve this?
I can't confirm this. There isn't anything in AME that would stop the default video code from working. The only exception could be if you used URLs that vB's video code wouldnt parse to begin with. Can you provide an example?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 14:12

Looks to be working great, so far so good no errors. I test ran all the admin settings
Old 22 Dec 2009, 14:39

Originally Posted by BBR-APBT View Post
Looks to be working great, so far so good no errors. I test ran all the admin settings
Thanks for your help
Old 22 Dec 2009, 14:43

I was too fast and pumped to upgrade to vb4 yesterday that i uninstalled the previous AME version. Now the board is left with url's between ame tags
Will that be solved once I install this version AME3?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 14:52

Originally Posted by Bram H View Post
I was too fast and pumped to upgrade to vb4 yesterday that i uninstalled the previous AME version. Now the board is left with url's between ame tags
Will that be solved once I install this version AME3?
There is a tool in AME3 that will convert your old [ame] tags into vB's new [video] tag or a url if you don't have a mactching definition.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 14:56

Damn talking about fast support here Really appreciated The Geek!! vBulletin would be a pita without guys like yourself! Keep up the great work that you do for everybody. Thank you.

/mark installed and runs to the matrix f.k.a admincp!
Old 22 Dec 2009, 15:24

Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Thanks for your help
Not a problem thanks for the fast support.

Now maybe you can help me with a video code once I figure out one I can do more.

This is for Photobucket videos in which a lot of my users post.
regex URL this converts just fine I think.

it parses to

Now here comes the problem.
I added this in the embed box

But when you view the thread nothing shows for that video but all your defs work fine. Its just my Photobucket that is the problem. You see any problems?