Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Mod Options
  #1  
Old 29 Mar 2008, 22:10
FlyBoy73 FlyBoy73 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
How many banned members do you have in that usergroup?

This is for other Big Board owner/operators..

How many banned members do you have?

Please include your total registration/membership count as well..



My stats today:

Total Members: 143,805
Number of Banned Members: 5,881
Accounts Closed / Suspended: 7,172 (Sometimes banned members are placed in this group. People requesting their accounts be closed are as well)

Total Posts: 3,496,031
Reply With Quote
Comments
  #2  
Old 04 Apr 2008, 19:02
bainsey bainsey is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
152
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04 Apr 2008, 22:04
WFZ's Avatar
WFZ WFZ is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Real name: Chris
I have 8,000 members.

And 4,212 are banned.

I'm concerned.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04 Apr 2008, 22:13
Lynne's Avatar
Lynne Lynne is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Lynne
We prune our user accounts. If a user hasn't been back in six months, his account gets pruned. So, this leaves us with about 80,000 users, and about 30 of them are banned.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04 Apr 2008, 23:30
FlyBoy73 FlyBoy73 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by WFZ View Post
I have 8,000 members.

And 4,212 are banned.

I'm concerned.
What is your forum's niche?

That's greater than 50/50..

--------------- Added 04 Apr 2008 at 23:30 ---------------

Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
We prune our user accounts. If a user hasn't been back in six months, his account gets pruned. So, this leaves us with about 80,000 users, and about 30 of them are banned.
Do you prune the banned accounts with that as well?

Last edited by FlyBoy73; 04 Apr 2008 at 23:30. Reason: Auto-Merged DoublePost
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05 Apr 2008, 08:53
WFZ's Avatar
WFZ WFZ is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Real name: Chris
Originally Posted by FlyBoy73 View Post
What is your forum's niche?

That's greater than 50/50..

--------------- Added 04 Apr 2008 at 23:30 ---------------



Do you prune the banned accounts with that as well?

We're a football forum, they are mainly spam bots.

But i dont understand as i have image verification on etc
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05 Apr 2008, 16:12
bainsey bainsey is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Originally Posted by WFZ View Post
We're a football forum, they are mainly spam bots.

But i dont understand as i have image verification on etc
get the same problem, download a few spam mods here and it gradually reduces them.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05 Apr 2008, 16:43
Lynne's Avatar
Lynne Lynne is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Real name: Lynne
Originally Posted by FlyBoy73 View Post
Do you prune the banned accounts with that as well?
I prune them if they are spam bots. However, there are some members that I banned that I don't prune because I like to keep all the IP information with us and also make sure the username doesn't get taken again. You have to work really hard to get banned on our site though. You get a lot of talking to before you get banned.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05 Apr 2008, 22:59
FlyBoy73 FlyBoy73 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
I prune them if they are spam bots. However, there are some members that I banned that I don't prune because I like to keep all the IP information with us and also make sure the username doesn't get taken again. You have to work really hard to get banned on our site though. You get a lot of talking to before you get banned.
There you go.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06 Apr 2008, 17:48
Gharibe Gharibe is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
unfortunately 210
__________________
Payment Processing Forums
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 14 Apr 2008, 20:44
COBRAws's Avatar
COBRAws COBRAws is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Real name: Jack
445 out of 80.000+ members. And we get a lot of +++++ing!!! Anyway, only those people who get 30 infraction points get banned. Even if you spam, you need to spam 3 times to get 3 infrations (10 points each spam infraction).

I believe in hard rules, followed by a good explanation and talking to the affected user, if he/she needs explanation. That's been working for me for almost 9 years now (not on this board I show stats).
__________________
cobraws
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Mod Options

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 17:48.

Layout Options | Width: Wide Color: